OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 19th March 2011, 12:10 PM   #106
Unframed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicjester View Post
Are there any videos of the actual gameplay yet? I've only seen the awesome cinematic trailer
I've been emailed heaps from the official site, you should find plenty there.
CoolerMaster CM Storm Stryker | Intel 4790 w/ H55 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Gigabyte R9 Fury X | Samsung 840 120GB, Kingston Savage 480GB, Samsung 840 Evo 240GB, 2x 3TB Seagate | 32GB Kingston Fury 1866Mhz | SteelSeries Apex M500/SteelSeries Rival 700 | Enermax Revolution87+ 1000W | LG 34UM88C, Dell U2211H
Unframed is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 21st March 2011, 1:39 PM   #107
Straferight

should have an OCAU sith guild as well
Old 22nd March 2011, 6:26 PM   #108
dave_dave_dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straferight View Post
should have an OCAU sith guild as well image
I think you might be able to join the guild as either side?

\0/
|
/\
Muhammad
dave_dave_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:35 PM   #109
windsok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dave_dave View Post
I think you might be able to join the guild as either side?
No, the guilds are single faction only.

The system does allow multiple guilds with the same name though, so nothing stopping someone creating a Sith OCAU guild.

Probably not a bad idea to set up a Sith OCAU guild as well, in the second phase of the guild setup program, you will be able to select rival and allied guilds, and they will try to make sure guilds which are allied or rivals end up on the same server.

So basically, having a OCAU guild for both factions, setup as rivals of each other would be a good way to make sure all OCAU guild players end up on the same server, regardless of which faction they choose.
OCAU Camera Club Member #226
Succsessful Trades List: ezy, StratosFear, CustomPC, sen, FrankGrimes, rbear, joxer, Combiblock, rommy(2), Voodooman, Wizard, Doeth72, aaleks, bombastic, pingu, karthik, Bowl300, mugsee, CrYpTo, blue_bug, bluedreamer, TOX

Last edited by windsok; 22nd March 2011 at 10:39 PM.
windsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 9:20 AM   #110
Straferight

Sith OCAU Guild here

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/56754/ocau
Old 28th March 2011, 9:50 AM   #111
GaiLeDouche
(Banned or Deleted)

I'm going to do my usual wait a year before trying it and see if people are actually still playing it routine.

I think this will be another MMO that will burn out within 6 months. MMO players will go back to WOW. Casuals will get bored because servers are empty.
GaiLeDouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 5:52 PM   #112
animate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded5542 View Post
Yeah, im in the same boat, the only thing ive found even remotely close is Fallen Earth.

God i miss SWG, the endless grinding, and getting something for it... Grinding bosses for purple is alright, but nothing beats your mates coming over and seeing the wicked shit you've made.
Shit yeah SWG was awesome, I remember the first time i got the game and got my awesome pod racer thing, and had to download all them updates on 56k until i finally convinced mum and dad to get adsl 256k, haha. Good times. only got level 42 then the game went shit with that new patch
LANBOX - Asus P5K Deluxe | Intel E6850 (conroe) @ 3.2Ghz | 4 GB G.Skill PC6400 @ 400Mhz | 1GB Nvidia 9800GT (silent cell) | Windoze SeXP and Ubuntu | *http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=994694*
ASUS Owners Club | [Logitech 'G' Owners Club Member #342] OCAU Guitar Players Club
animate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 1:10 PM   #113
CAPT-Irrelevant

Kind of related.

Due to today being 'Star Wars Day', wikipedia hinted this for this year's celebration:

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/countdown.php

The quote is 'all will be revealed'.

I'm going to hazzard a guess that it'll be a/the announcement of SWTOR as it's dated for launch this year but no solid suggestion/confirmation of date.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:33 PM   #114
Matt_NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT-Irrelevant View Post
Kind of related.

Due to today being 'Star Wars Day', wikipedia hinted this for this year's celebration:

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/countdown.php

The quote is 'all will be revealed'.

I'm going to hazzard a guess that it'll be a/the announcement of SWTOR as it's dated for launch this year but no solid suggestion/confirmation of date.
Yeah, they were promoting that announcement all over the SWG forums as well (before SOE got hacked...) so I doubt it's anything to do with TOR

ASUS P6T SE ~ Intel i7 930 ~ Gigabyte 9800GTS ~ 6gb DDR3 RAM ~ 500gb SATA Seagate HDD ~ LiteScribe ASUS DVD-RW ~ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Currently addicted to: Star Wars Galaxies (Obraik on Chilastra)
Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 4:07 PM   #115
dcyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_NZ View Post
Yeah, they were promoting that announcement all over the SWG forums as well (before SOE got hacked...) so I doubt it's anything to do with TOR
Neither.
It's an announcement that the 6 movies are coming to Blu-Ray and they attached a little video with it.
I find it more and more difficult to purchase electronic consumer goods that are produced outside of China. All because of Kogan. They are the company who started all of this. Thank goodness for apple. I may get charged a fortune, but at least I know the goods are being made by happy, well paid workers.
I am disappointed in my life
dcyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 4:42 PM   #116
Matt_NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyloo View Post
Neither.
It's an announcement that the 6 movies are coming to Blu-Ray and they attached a little video with it.
Oh, I knew it wasn't anything to do with a game, I was just using the fact it was being promoted on the SWG forums to show that it wasn't TOR related

ASUS P6T SE ~ Intel i7 930 ~ Gigabyte 9800GTS ~ 6gb DDR3 RAM ~ 500gb SATA Seagate HDD ~ LiteScribe ASUS DVD-RW ~ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Currently addicted to: Star Wars Galaxies (Obraik on Chilastra)
Matt_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 6:54 PM   #117
Adaris

Really, really, REALLY looking forward to this.

From everything I've heard, they've basically taken the standard MMO model, looked at every little detail and improved on basically every one.

Some funnyish videos explaining the decision making behind some of the 'questionable' design choices.

This Daniel Erickson dude is actually pretty funny.

Adaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 7:42 PM   #118
Pinkeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaris View Post
Really, really, REALLY looking forward to this.

From everything I've heard, they've basically taken the standard MMO model, looked at every little detail and improved on basically every one.

Some funnyish videos explaining the decision making behind some of the 'questionable' design choices.
In other words "we have looked at all the competitors on the market, made attempts to integrate everyone's ideas, and come up with a game that incorporates an IP that we'll surely milk for a few years then move on to the next MMO that'll achieve, yet another successful annual report / forecast" - Bioware Executive Board.

Dont set your hopes too high... You're preparing for disappointment. Every MMORPG in the past has tried to claim the superior innovative advancement in gaming technology that has come before and failed miserably to meet the expectations of gamers.

I rather just let the hype slide, pick the games experienced players recommend and go with the flow. Ignore the marketing bullshit that advertising agencies spread on the internet.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION

Last edited by Pinkeh; 16th May 2011 at 7:45 PM.
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 9:21 PM   #119
Stevros

Yeah the marketing bullshit is all the same for every new game. Starts to make you sick after a while. These days you start to get the feeling like they must be trying to compensate for something when they carry on with how they are "changing the way you think/play mmos" and all the other generic bullshit they come up with.
Old 17th May 2011, 9:45 AM   #120
purehybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
In other words "we have looked at all the competitors on the market, made attempts to integrate everyone's ideas, and come up with a game that incorporates an IP that we'll surely milk for a few years then move on to the next MMO that'll achieve, yet another successful annual report / forecast" - Bioware Executive Board.

Dont set your hopes too high... You're preparing for disappointment. Every MMORPG in the past has tried to claim the superior innovative advancement in gaming technology that has come before and failed miserably to meet the expectations of gamers.

I rather just let the hype slide, pick the games experienced players recommend and go with the flow. Ignore the marketing bullshit that advertising agencies spread on the internet.
Agreed. I've seen almost every trailer... and the only remotely new thing for an mmo, is incoporating the SPRPG style dialogue. Everything else looks like a cheap knockoff of WoW in space.

I've pretty much given up on this one already... hangin out for GW2.