OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 16th December 2008, 8:34 AM   #16
purehybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embercide View Post
I see they allow 24/7 macroing. Good good.
What are skillgains like? Hopefully not slow. Stat/Skill caps?
Does this basically mean you are allowed to bot? lol... why don't they just give you a method to allocate X skillpoints and be done with it >.<

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 16th December 2008, 9:05 AM   #17
Elyzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embercide View Post
whoa haven't played UO in years, did try zulu at one stage but since they didnt run on sphereserver I couldn't exploit!
Pfft every emulator had exploits...

My favourite was Novus Opiate.

I worked out (even tho there were 500 other players) that if you create a new character as a carpenter, and crafted a dyetub with newbied wood, it would generate a random colour. So you could have fancy dye tubs that usually would be given out in tournaments.

I created about 250 accounts on a free email provider and crafted about 180 different tubs, between 1-5 of each (depending on how many it took to successfully craft, if you did bow fletching you could craft coloured bows ) and i gave out heaps of tubs, i had about 120 in my house and some GM nuked my house.

I then went around everyones houses and anyone who had dye tubs in their house locked down, i casted a wall of fire to burn it. Caused lots of threads on the forum of people whinging.

Oh i miss the good old days of UO.
Elyzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 9:16 AM   #18
TheAvatar

I grabbed all the stuff last night, created an account but I cant connect

I log in, select the shard and it just sits there on the connecting screen. Anyone else have this issue? I am running vista x64.
TheAvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 10:33 AM   #19
damnation

you must either use injection, razor or a non-encrypted client. I use razor personally, however with vista64 i had to dl dotnet framework 1.1 and install it (no joke!) before it would work.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:29 AM   #20
cptxander

skill gains are slow. but they have sped things up alot by allowing you to goto directly to the first level of your class. thats definatly going to save a bit of time. mines are well protected to get started, the more players the better i reckon. back to the oldschooooooool
cptxander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 3:57 PM   #21
Orion... Thread Starter

Yeah it's alot of fun and the protected mine they've introduced allows you to macro 24/7 to earn money.

You can also obtain a house to macro in quite easy by doing the quest in the newbie area where you first zone in.

The server has only been up for < a month and it's already got > 100 people online at prime time. Obvioulsy some of these people are the same person with multiple clients but it's still a good sign.

You also get mounts which means you're lightning fast if you have a decent connection (I ping at 30ms from Brisnane) so the PvP is very fast / reflex / skill based (just how it's meant to be).
Orion... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 4:01 PM   #22
rubba-chikin

dammit someone tell me which client this is running on

Hrm I actually have access to the forum link, UO:ML... fail

Last edited by rubba-chikin; 16th December 2008 at 4:07 PM.
rubba-chikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 9:16 PM   #23
Daexkor

Well, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this...

But here I am again, macroing away with a bunch of characters...

At least we're level 1 already.
Old 16th December 2008, 9:32 PM   #24
officer waffles

Well I've never tried UO before, but I've heard many a good things about it. I think I'll give this a crack. Downloading the client as we speak. Would anyone be able to give me a run-down in game to get me started? I'm sure I'll probably be rather clueless to being with =[
officer waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 9:44 PM   #25
Pinkeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer waffles View Post
Well I've never tried UO before, but I've heard many a good things about it. I think I'll give this a crack. Downloading the client as we speak. Would anyone be able to give me a run-down in game to get me started? I'm sure I'll probably be rather clueless to being with =[
macro wars. that's the first step :P
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 9:40 AM   #26
purehybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptxander View Post
skill gains are slow. but they have sped things up alot by allowing you to goto directly to the first level of your class. thats definatly going to save a bit of time. mines are well protected to get started, the more players the better i reckon. back to the oldschooooooool
wahh? I thought UO was classless? and you just trained the skills u wanted?

Also, whats all this talk of "macro'ing"... is it basically just botting?

Also.. whats a 'power player' ?

Last edited by purehybrid; 17th December 2008 at 9:44 AM.
purehybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 10:18 AM   #27
Daexkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehybrid View Post
wahh? I thought UO was classless? and you just trained the skills u wanted?

Also, whats all this talk of "macro'ing"... is it basically just botting?

Also.. whats a 'power player' ?
Zulu Hotel has various classes, ie: you become the "mage" class if you have a collection of magic skills up to a certain point, theres pros/cons for each class, ie: mage does more spell damage, takes less spell damage but takes more physical damage.

Macroing is using scripts in 3rd party things such as injection to perform tasks. Most free servers let people macro as the server life spans are much shorter and people want to enjoy the game now rather than months later at OSI standards. So yes... botting.

Power Player is a class that the character has advanced most if not all the skills to a high rank. Basically means your character is an all rounder.

With that said, anyone got a good SOS sorting script? I've got a few scripts that I'd be willing to trade
Old 17th December 2008, 11:54 AM   #28
Slidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion... View Post
Macroing 24/7 is allowed so it's really easy to get started, earn money and skill up etc.

Just follow these instructions to get up and running:

go to http://www.findfiles.com/list.php?st...ch=All&search=

then:

step 1 : install uo, do not patch
step 2 : delete speech.mul in your uo directory.

step 3 : go to http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~tho...downloads.html and get the appropriate zulu files.

step 4 : overwrite hues/skills etc in your uo directory with the ones you just downloaded.

step 5 : download injection and extract it to your uo directory.

step 6 : run the injection launcher, set client dir to your uo directory (important: clients must go in the uo root folder or they wont work.), edit the server list, create an entry for zha with address 119.63.206.24,5001
set client to the zha client, set the ignition path to your injection directory, launch and play with the login you have set up at http://119.63.206.24:6060/accounts.htm
nvm got it running

Last edited by Slidey; 17th December 2008 at 12:05 PM.
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 4:22 PM   #29
Iceickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion... View Post
You can also obtain a house to macro in quite easy by doing the quest in the newbie area where you first zone in.
Try as I might, I could not figure out how to finish this quest - I cleared out the newbie area (not the newbie dungeon - that place is freaking impossible) and got lots of quest point, but nothing? Anyone care to enlighten me?
Iceickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 7:44 PM   #30
Orion... Thread Starter

Have you registered for the quest firstly?

The first step is to zone into the newbie dungeon and run as far as you can until you see a green light on the floor - run over it and you get around 500 points. There's another one further up in the dungeon - run over this one also. You should get around 1,000 points for running over both and it takes around 1 minute.

To get the remaining points, kill rabbits, skeletons and anything else you can find in that dungeon.

Another way to make money is to kill yourself at the dragon/res area and sell the death robes to the tailor south from the res area. You can keep killing yourself over and over and retain each robe on you so it's a very quick way of making money when you first start out.
Orion... is offline   Reply With Quote