Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 16th July 2009, 9:24 AM   #136
Reflexion

For what it's worth I got the error on Vista Ultimate.
Reflexion is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 16th July 2009, 9:37 AM   #137
sKyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofkhan View Post
Hi All, Just download & installed the game from the NCsoft site, and yes I know the live beta doesnt start yet but when I try to play game I get the following come up.
Gamegaurd error:114.
And then a lot of Chinese type writing.

Do I have a problem. I hope not as it took just over 24hrs to get it.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AionSource
Error 114 - Unfortunately a specific solution to this error is unavailable. In general, it is indicating that some software on your PC is preventing NProtect from loading. Please verify that you have administrative access to the PC you are using, and that you have shut down all nonessential software. Also, you may wish to end any unnecessary system services or processes if you feel comfortable doing so. You may also wish to try teporarily disabling any virus scanning, firewall, or security software on your PC.
http://www.aionsource.com/forum/beta...own-fixes.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by AionSource
14. "Gameguard error : 114"
As stated by NCSoft Technical Support, typically this error appears as a result of a conflict between Gameguard and an installed security application on the PC. It is recommended to consider the following common solutions:
  • Windows Vista users must ensure they are running the NCSoft Launcher as the "Administrator".
  • Windows XP users must ensure they are logged in with Administrator privileges.
  • Windows Vista users should try disabling "User Account Controls". Instructions for how to do this from NCSoft Technical Support can be found --> here.
  • Test whether your firewall or antivirus software is causing the issue by temporarily disabling them.
  • If you find the issue is your security software, you may need to spend some time working out how to set Gameguard, the NCSoft Launcher and Aion as trusted applications within them. Instructions on what files you need to add as exceptions can be found from NCSoft Technical Support -->here.
  • If you are using COMODO Firewall, you may need to set the "Defense+ security level" to "Disabled". Instructions for how to do this can be found -->here. Alternately, some users have found that adding the files "Gameguard.des", "GameMon.des" and "Aion.bin" as trusted processes in the configuration have bypassed this issue.
  • Try deleting the entire folder "C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\bin32" then running Aion again. This will force a fresh download of Gameguard.
  • Disable all startup items to ensure that no background programs or processes are causing a conflict. Instructions from NCSoft Technical Support can be found -->here.
  • *NEW* If you also play the game "Rappelz", which uses another version of Gameguard, this has reported to conflict directly with the Aion installation of Gameguard (after the Aion Gamguard update released for Closed Beta #3). To turn this off you will need to disable it on startup. Instructions for disabling all start up items can be found here. Using these same instructions, locate process called "nProtect Gameguard" listed on the "services" tab and disable it. This is the Rappelz installation of Gameguard and should be disabled before running Aion.
  • *NEW* Failure to have all the required Microsoft Core Fonts in your system (in particular Ariel and Verdanda) has also been seen to cause this error. To obtain Microsoft Core Fonts, please visit --> here.
  • *NEW* Some users have reported that the security application called "Kaspersky Security Suite" causes a conflict with Gameguard even when it is disabled. So far the only working solution found is to uninstall Kaspersky Security Suite completely.

If none of the above solutions help with Gameguard Error 114, it is recommended that you raise a support ticket with NCSoft Technical Support and/or ask for help in this discussion thread.
http://www.aionsource.com/forum/ques...oting-faq.html

Hope that helps.
Successful dealings [ pSYc0de ] [ !okey! ] [ ChEEkY ChiNo ] [ tez ] [ CHINNO ] [ thewingbot ] [ Snow Crash ] [ AussieM8 ] [ newmankl ] [ Orions ] [ WOOFLE ] [ FreshPrince ] [ MadMatt ] [ masterpayne ]
Fortune Cookie: "I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."
sKyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 10:04 AM   #138
wrathofkhan

Default More help please

Thanks Skyz for the help but I cannot open the site that goes to aionsorce that you indicated to go to.
Every time I click on it I get an error saying internet explorer couldnt open the site.

Your help apprecieated
wrathofkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 5:16 PM   #139
sKyz

Quote:
Thanks Skyz for the help but I cannot open the site that goes to aionsorce that you indicated to go to.
Every time I click on it I get an error saying internet explorer couldnt open the site.

Your help apprecieated
Strange, I can open them fine at work and at home. Hmm...
Successful dealings [ pSYc0de ] [ !okey! ] [ ChEEkY ChiNo ] [ tez ] [ CHINNO ] [ thewingbot ] [ Snow Crash ] [ AussieM8 ] [ newmankl ] [ Orions ] [ WOOFLE ] [ FreshPrince ] [ MadMatt ] [ masterpayne ]
Fortune Cookie: "I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."
sKyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 7:41 PM   #140
SamBoio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKyz View Post
Strange, I can open them fine at work and at home. Hmm...
links work fine for me too
SamBoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 2:25 AM   #141
Pherex

I downloaded the Aion zip off 3FL and when I tried installing it tells me to insert Disk 1. Anyone know why this is happening? =/
Pherex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 2:28 PM   #142
scon

Ok... so i was convinced to get this game. Will download and see you in the beta. Are there separate servers to log into? Or is it an all-in affair?
scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 5:55 PM   #143
wrathofkhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherex View Post
I downloaded the Aion zip off 3FL and when I tried installing it tells me to insert Disk 1. Anyone know why this is happening? =/
My son did it that way & he had problems. He ended up doing same as me & getting it from the NCsoft site.
Me thinks this is the best & perhaps the only way
Old 18th July 2009, 7:03 AM   #144
scon

Alright... well... i downloaded from 3FL last night. Installing now, I'll let you know how it goes.
scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 10:07 AM   #145
Anathema Jones
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I saw the ads for this. It looks nice.

Is there any legal way of getting into the Beta for free, or do i need to pro-order the game?
Anathema Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 11:23 AM   #146
Chris H

guys problem

When i click 'ok' after entering my details nothing happens.
it just kinda locks up and i cant click on any of the options???

Edit:
Wow thats REDICULOUS.
i thought the game had been crashing. Just wait 3-4 minutes before moving on to the char creation screen

Last edited by Chris H; 18th July 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 12:56 PM   #147
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathema Jones View Post
Is there any legal way of getting into the Beta for free, or do i need to pro-order the game?
They're doing a series of beta "events" on weekends, they go for 4 days each and are a couple of weeks apart. If you preorder you get access to all of them but occasionally on their Facebook group or Twitter they give away keys to single weekend events. Fansites also sometimes have keys to give away, aiononline.com.au had some for this weekend and aionsource.com had some for the last event (I think).

If you do some hunting around you can get into a weekend event for free.
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 12:44 AM   #148
Hitman

Any kind person who preordered the game and no longer wants to bother with the beta weekend or even just this weekend mind lending me their account. I am borderline deciding to buy this but I don't buy mmos without trying them first. I've bought a beta key from 2 sites, both of which I'm trying to get my money back through paypal because they wanted more info then I was willing to give.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 10:08 AM   #149
wrathofkhan

Default how do you delete

Hi Guys,
Playing the beta weekend, anyone know how to delete a caracter. Tried everything so i wonder if have made so you cant just for the beta.
Seems like you can only join one server. once picked the others are not avail.
game is not bad but needs to get more involded like warhammer.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:47 AM   #150
cs-cam

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Playing the beta weekend, anyone know how to delete a caracter. Tried everything so i wonder if have made so you cant just for the beta.
Err on the character selection screen there is a Delete button...
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote