Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 2nd July 2009, 3:47 PM   #31
kona_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberio View Post
cmon Friday... hurry up
Lol i know, I'm biting at the bit. Probs gonna set my alarm nice and early to jump on. I'm re-rolling Elyos with my mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
NCSoft usually market game releases in Australia as part of the EU group. Guild Wars and CoH both set me in the EU region until i changed them to North American servers.

With that said i'm still a bit on the sidelines on whether to play Aion or not. The visuals dont phase me all that much.
It's an MMO, not really visual oriented. That said it's a lot more than what most MMO's currently have.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 2nd July 2009, 4:12 PM   #32
sKyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
NCSoft usually market game releases in Australia as part of the EU group. Guild Wars and CoH both set me in the EU region until i changed them to North American servers.

With that said i'm still a bit on the sidelines on whether to play Aion or not. The visuals dont phase me all that much.

lmao

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...ionearring.jpg
Thanks for that. I really don't know what server I'll be playing on. I guess I'll wait and see where OCAU players gravitate to.

IMO I like the visual style and graphics. I was playing in the starting area one time and saw this huge ass sting ray flew by. I was like damn... wow...

Black Cloud Earring... enhances health, mana and bust size.
Successful dealings [ pSYc0de ] [ !okey! ] [ ChEEkY ChiNo ] [ tez ] [ CHINNO ] [ thewingbot ] [ Snow Crash ] [ AussieM8 ] [ newmankl ] [ Orions ] [ WOOFLE ] [ FreshPrince ] [ MadMatt ] [ masterpayne ]
Fortune Cookie: "I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."
sKyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 7:52 PM   #33
Tiberio

i guess we can just choose a server state our char names here, faction, class etc.

add to friends list (if theres one)
Tiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 8:15 AM   #34
kona_boy

Gah!

Just loaded up the launcher and installed the updates. Won't load now Mate is having the same problem
Old 3rd July 2009, 8:32 AM   #35
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona_boy View Post
Gah!

Just loaded up the launcher and installed the updates. Won't load now Mate is having the same problem
Be more specific? There are some known problems with Windows 7 that are fairly easily worked around if thats it.

Made me late for work this morning Started a Elyos warrior on Seil named Maintank. Game looks nice, fairly well polished for a beta but I guess thats because its been retail in China for a while now. One thing I couldn't find was a latency indicator, while I'm not expecting Oceanic servers and I didn't pick up on any noticable lag, it would be nice to get a rough idea on how handicapped we'll be in Abyss PvP.
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:48 AM   #36
kona_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs-cam View Post
Be more specific? There are some known problems with Windows 7 that are fairly easily worked around if thats it.

Made me late for work this morning Started a Elyos warrior on Seil named Maintank. Game looks nice, fairly well polished for a beta but I guess thats because its been retail in China for a while now. One thing I couldn't find was a latency indicator, while I'm not expecting Oceanic servers and I didn't pick up on any noticable lag, it would be nice to get a rough idea on how handicapped we'll be in Abyss PvP.
Yea that's annoying too, not having a latency icon.

It's allfixed for me now, most people were saying it's a Gameguard problem so I disabled my firewall and it's all sweet. Gameguard though srsly, so bad.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:13 PM   #37
kona_boy

wowzer, spell chains are awesome.

The casting/combat system was VERY meh until level 7 when you get your first chain move. Pretty cool mechanic
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:56 PM   #38
cs-cam

Quote:
wowzer, spell chains are awesome.

The casting/combat system was VERY meh until level 7 when you get your first chain move. Pretty cool mechanic
Nice, I played for about 45mins at 6am this morning but I'm stuck at work all day today Got to level 5 and was fairly impressed so now I'm really looking forward to getting home and having a crack at the chain abilities
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 1:46 PM   #39
kona_boy

Oh, and a hint at level 9, drop everything and do the new campaign quest. It gives you a whole level. ie. it gives you however much XP you need to hit 10. So no point doing anything else besides it.

ps. you get a nice weapon at the end too and off to a new zone.
Old 3rd July 2009, 1:49 PM   #40
sKyz

Anyone having problems while playing Aion, minimising and starting a program (like Firefox or iTunes)? Me thinks it's GameGuard's fault.
Successful dealings [ pSYc0de ] [ !okey! ] [ ChEEkY ChiNo ] [ tez ] [ CHINNO ] [ thewingbot ] [ Snow Crash ] [ AussieM8 ] [ newmankl ] [ Orions ] [ WOOFLE ] [ FreshPrince ] [ MadMatt ] [ masterpayne ]
Old 3rd July 2009, 1:56 PM   #41
kona_boy

To the mods, can we perhaps get this made into the offical Aion thread? With a prefix maybe?

There's some good preliminary info in here so I don't wanna lose that with a new thread if possible.
Old 3rd July 2009, 1:57 PM   #42
kona_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKyz View Post
Anyone having problems while playing Aion, minimising and starting a program (like Firefox or iTunes)? Me thinks it's GameGuard's fault.
Nah I'm fine with alt tabbing etc. Are you running it in windowed (fullscreen) mode? It usually helps if you do.
Old 3rd July 2009, 3:39 PM   #43
Xyph Thread Starter

Quote:
It's an MMO, not really visual oriented. That said it's a lot more than what most MMO's currently have.
lol most of their marketing is based on the visual aspects. The only reason why people were attracted to the game initially was due to visuals which, as time permitted, promoted more in depth knowledge on the content itself.

Imo the visuals arent as good as TERA, but they do the job and are better than a lot of mmorpgs out there. That said, the content itself seems to be polished and looks like a great game to sink your teeth into. Ill be playing TERA and KOTR as well, good few years for mmorpg gaming.
Xyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 5:54 PM   #44
sKyz

Quote:
Nah I'm fine with alt tabbing etc. Are you running it in windowed (fullscreen) mode? It usually helps if you do.
Sorry if I wasn't being clear but I have no problem with the alt-tabbing itself. It's if you start a program, such as Firefox, while Aion is up. Try it for yourself, start Aion with nothing else opened, minimise then try to start something. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Outlook, and iTunes don't start if Aion is active (at least for me anyway).
Old 3rd July 2009, 6:01 PM   #45
gregpolk

Anyone able to confirm if this will be subscription free like Guild Wars? I've been told/read mixed information. I'm guessing not, no mention of subscription free on their website suggests to me that it would have a charge.
gregpolk is offline   Reply With Quote