Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 4th July 2009, 12:57 AM   #47
kona_boy

ARRRRGH THE LEVEL 10 CHAIN SPELLS (for clerics anyway) ARE SO AWESOME
Old 4th July 2009, 7:40 AM   #48
IPPacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpolk View Post
Anyone able to confirm if this will be subscription free like Guild Wars? I've been told/read mixed information. I'm guessing not, no mention of subscription free on their website suggests to me that it would have a charge.
Looking through the FAQ's it mentions a fee to play.

This looks really good, I'm hoping to give it a shot when its launched here.
IPPacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 9:52 AM   #49
gregpolk

No matter, a miss for me then. I could never get my monies worth from the fees they charge for games like this.
gregpolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 10:01 AM   #50
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKyz View Post
Anyone having problems while playing Aion, minimising and starting a program (like Firefox or iTunes)? Me thinks it's GameGuard's fault.
I can start apps but GameGuard breaks Chrome, the app itself will load but no pages will

IE seems fine, see how you go. Not sure what rendering iTunes uses for its HTML portion but both apps could be having the same problem with GameGuard.
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 10:15 AM   #51
kona_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpolk View Post
No matter, a miss for me then. I could never get my monies worth from the fees they charge for games like this.
It's not gonna break the bank mate. I can understand if you have a family or something and have a shoe string budget and of course not all that much time on top of that to even play, but $20 a month is nothing. most People earn that in one hour of work.

But it's your call, can't criticise you if you don't find personal value in it.

Outside of that, I'm reallllly enjoying it. I still have 0 clue about the attributes and can't find anything on the web about them. My cleric does some respectable moves at the moment but is squishy as (I'm wearing mostly cloth for the stats). I make up for it with heaps of mana and healing.

My armour is partly where I'm struggling to piece together my mechanics. I'm a meleeing caster almost and the only class with Chain armour proficiency but the chain gear at the moment has no stats to actually compliment my class style. However, I have a few quests at the moment which are rewarding me with chain armour that has +magic power on it so perhaps it's just a level thing for now.

ps. flying rocks
Old 5th July 2009, 3:56 PM   #52
Tiberio

Well after a lengthy play session this weekend, I will definately be playing more of this game. It just has a feel that WoW lacks for me, combat seems exciting. Own character stores are cool too, remember those in Ragnarok.

Love the graphics, environments are just beautiful and individual character features works well too. Lets just home more higher levels are released in future tests.
Tiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 8:16 PM   #53
MYSRH

I love the musics
MYSRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 10:26 PM   #54
kona_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberio View Post
Well after a lengthy play session this weekend, I will definately be playing more of this game. It just has a feel that WoW lacks for me, combat seems exciting. Own character stores are cool too, remember those in Ragnarok.

Love the graphics, environments are just beautiful and individual character features works well too. Lets just home more higher levels are released in future tests.
Yea I'm feeling the same ay, I'm really excited for the release. I've been lanning it with a mate since Friday in his studio lol (in between closing shifts at work all freaking weekend ).

I have a handful of gripes though, the 'repair' system needs tweaking. It's VERY expensive we found out, even at level 19/20. Doing some group quests and my mate was tanking and died 3-4 times and cost him nearly 80,000 kinah which was over the top. I spose once you're max level it doesn't really matter as you won't need to 'recover' XP.

I hate that I can't rotate while casting my spells.

They need some clarification on the stats/attributes. My Cleric is essentially a spell caster, yet I'm the only class that can wear mail but none of the gear has ANY spell caster stats on it (ie. MP and Magic Boost) and as a result of wearing cloth to actually be able to hit for a decent amount, I'm VERY squishy.

Also, and unfortunately, some of the things are unlikely to get changed as it's just a localisation of the original Korean game. Lets hope that the western release has a voice as far as the development/tweaks go.

edit: wings are still awesome.

Last edited by kona_boy; 5th July 2009 at 11:32 PM.
kona_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 9:07 AM   #55
DROliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona_boy View Post
I have a handful of gripes though, the 'repair' system needs tweaking. It's VERY expensive we found out, even at level 19/20. Doing some group quests and my mate was tanking and died 3-4 times and cost him nearly 80,000 kinah which was over the top. I spose once you're max level it doesn't really matter as you won't need to 'recover' XP.
You could just not bother recovering the XP. Its only like 5 mob kills to make it back up to where you were anyway.
DROliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 10:48 AM   #56
purehybrid

Please stop making me interested in this game.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:52 AM   #57
kona_boy

My bad
Old 6th July 2009, 11:09 AM   #58
purehybrid

I'll forgive you if you explain these spell chains to me.

No wait... dont... fuck
Old 6th July 2009, 12:22 PM   #59
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehybrid View Post
I'll forgive you if you explain these spell chains to me.

No wait... dont... fuck

Theres a page on your skills panel that lets you set up chains. Only certain abilities are allowed in chains but once you've configured it the abilities change on your bars as you go through the chain. It's noob-friendly enough that once set up, you can spam a single button to go through an entire chain and it's advanced enough that you can create your own chains depending on your playstyle, level and whatever you think looks the coolest.

The game is definitely worth trying if nothing else, if you're not prepared to pay for something you might not play then try get hold of a beta key in one of their many, many giveaways.
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 12:54 PM   #60
purehybrid

Oh... so its basically just a UI for creating /castsequence macro's? That is a little bit disappointing.

Are there actual mechanic advantages to using it? If not, I can't see why I'd put a Nuke -> Stun -> Filler -> Nuke sequence on my bars, instead of just having the 3 abilities... as in pvp, when I use that stun is going to be different in every fight.