Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 9th July 2009, 9:40 AM   #76
sdub78

Awesome thanks for the info, I might wait a little longer and keep an eye on this thread for peoples feedback to the game so far.
sdub78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 9th July 2009, 10:33 AM   #77
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdub78 View Post
can someone please clarify, do you get a beta key with your preorder?
I bought it from the NC online store and never got a physical key, they use an account system similar to Steam and the game was enabled on the account, I played last weekends beta no problem. If you purchase in a store you'll get a key however they won't give you a date when you'll receive the key and from what others are saying, it seems a bit hit a miss as to whether you'll get it in time for the next beta.
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 11:30 AM   #78
DROliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs-cam View Post
I bought it from the NC online store and never got a physical key, they use an account system similar to Steam and the game was enabled on the account, I played last weekends beta no problem. If you purchase in a store you'll get a key however they won't give you a date when you'll receive the key and from what others are saying, it seems a bit hit a miss as to whether you'll get it in time for the next beta.
Yeah, the NC online store is really good to use. I upgraded from a MMORPG beta key to a preorder beta key so I could play the 3rd closed beta weekend. As soon as you buy the key its just one click to add it to your NC soft account.
DROliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 11:41 AM   #79
Aion

this game is mad

me a few mates giot sick of waiting for the us/eu closed beta weekends so started playing the chinese aion fully translated now to english 1-50

80 hrs of game time cost $10 you only get charged for the time you use beats $14 a month will do us fine till the us launch might even stay in the chinese version if our guild comes over from wow plenty of english speakers on the server we are on

these are the guides i used to get it all up an running mirrored by node as well

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/So...il-some-videos

http://www.themondrated.com/showthread.php?t=4110

ill be uploading the updated english patch 1-50 to megauploaded in a few mins the one listed in those guides only goes to lvl 25
Aion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 12:38 PM   #80
jay.tee

I am quite looking forward to this game. There appears to be bucket loads of content too
Old 9th July 2009, 1:59 PM   #81
influx

question for the people playing the beta(s): the class descriptions available are pretty gay, can you tell us what class you are playing and what its like
influx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 2:35 PM   #82
DJester

Played a gladiator on the beta weekend, so far its a fairly standard mdps; get close and hit things with a big sword/polearm. Later on it apparently gets a lot of stuns/decent aoe. Also able to offtank. No 'omfg cool' abilities so far (wtb charge!)

Awesome thread with tons of good pvp info:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...=240629&bhcp=1
Old 9th July 2009, 3:25 PM   #83
sKyz

Played a cleric, basically magic, heal, chain armour and your choice of more melee dps or a shield. Appears to heals quite well though I'm still new to the whole healing class. They do quite a bit of magic damage too; pretty nice class. Anyone got opinions on the Templars? I want to try them next.
Successful dealings [ pSYc0de ] [ !okey! ] [ ChEEkY ChiNo ] [ tez ] [ CHINNO ] [ thewingbot ] [ Snow Crash ] [ AussieM8 ] [ newmankl ] [ Orions ] [ WOOFLE ] [ FreshPrince ] [ MadMatt ] [ masterpayne ]
Fortune Cookie: "I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."
sKyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 5:10 PM   #84
DROliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by influx View Post
question for the people playing the beta(s): the class descriptions available are pretty gay, can you tell us what class you are playing and what its like

This summed the classes up nicely IMO:

Quote:
Assassin (Scout) melee DPS:
Shhh! Hide behind a rock or a Templar and jump out to one-shot your enemies. Hazaaah you just one-shotted that Sorcerer, but his Sorcerer friend sees you and it's game over unless you have a Cleric. Think of yourself as a sawed off shotgun with one-three bullets. You basically pop in kill, run away and reload, and wait for your next chance to pop in and kill. You're pretty much that sneaky player who always says "Did you see that crit?" Unlike others who enjoy face-to-face combat you enjoy face-to-back, yes, if wish to excel you must love the backside.

Chanter (Priest) melee DPS/Healer:
Hmmm, what if a gladiator and a Cleric had a baby? Poof, a baby chanter is born. You cannot hit as hard as a Gladiator or heal as much as a Cleric, but hey at least you can dps and heal. Although it may sound bad, people will seek you, as you offer buffs for whichever group takes you. Against other players you prove to be a formidable opponent, but one false move can send you to your death.

Cleric (Priest) Healer:
Likes to be surrounded by friends all the time and is always wanted in a group or legion. Can save people from anything . . . including death. You aren't crazy about high damage or high crits you just want to keep your friends alive by keeping their hp up. You will often be targeted by the enemy, but it's ok as long as you have friends and if it is a 1v1 fight your high armor and heals will save you. You will make friends quick, but enemies quicker if you refuse to waste your MP buffing strangers saying "Hey, buff me now! kthxbye!" Also, your friends will be quick to turn on you. If the tank dies, it's your fault, if the Assassin dies, it's your fault, if you beat the boss the credit goes to others, but you know they love you . . . deep down.

Gladiator (Warrior) melee DPS/off Tank:
You like big swords? You like hitting 20 people in one swing? You like wearing bulky heavy armor? Oh yea, you know what I'm talking about. You've seen the movie, now you can be one too! You may not do the most damage or even be the best tank, but hey you are still a force to be reckoned with. You will find yourself doing less damage than a Sorcerer or Assassin, but unlike them you can actually take more than 5 hits without dying. You are a weaponmaster with the ability to wield almost anything.

Ranger (Scout) ranged DPS:
Shoot a Gladiator in the face with an arrow and watch gleefully as he sprints at you falling into your well-placed glue trap. You then transform into a Mau Templar and it's game over for the gladiator. But oh no, a Sorcerer is coming at you, no worries, you have a longer attack range so you can get the first hit and plan another assault. Your fast attacks make you a force to be reckoned with, but if someone gets in your face, you better head for the hills.

Sorcerer (Mage) ranged DPS:
20 enemies all in one place . . . perfect. You will nuke them with your awesome area effect spell greatly damaging them, but you have to be careful because when they come at you it's gonna hurt . . . bad. You also have many crowd controlling spells in your arsenal that allow you to gtfo when in trouble. One false move or evaded spell can send you to your grave. You better enjoy the "attack from afar" strategy as that is all you will doing. BOOM, SIZZLE, awwwww yea, you will enjoy your awesome magic effects and explosions.

Spiritmaster (Mage) ranged DPS:
Hmph! You don't feel like killing this flamingo looking thing, so you bust out a massive Fire Spirit to do it for you. Ah yes, elementals to carry out your tasks mwahaha! Although you only have one at a time, your elemental can make leveling seem like a joke with minimal downtime. Unlike your Sorcerer brethren you choose to not live in solitude and sure he can probably beat you 1v1 but with an elemental on your side the outcome is unpredictable, perhaps even in your favor.

Templar (Warrior) Tank:
Rwaaarrr! You are invincible . . . kinda. You can even survive big hits from elite mobs. Your best friend is a healer, but others will seek you out to help them take down even larger bosses. When you see your friends get beat up you can dash in and stun your enemy allowing your friends to escape safely. You are pretty weak though. Most classes will be able to do more damage than you, maybe even the Cleric. Someone at some point will call you a "meat shield".
Source & more class info at: http://www.aionsource.com/forum/class-guides/
DROliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 7:34 PM   #85
cs-cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKyz View Post
Anyone got opinions on the Templars? I want to try them next.
I played a Templar, standard tank class. Damage was noticeably lower than my roommate who played a Sorcerer but not so low that soloing got boring. Skill chains are nice with a few shield-based damage attacks. You can equip a 2Her but I didn't notice any extra damage doing so and with a shield on I pretty much couldn't die.
cs-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 7:40 PM   #86
Chris H

Hey guys

Reallllly looking forward to this game
NCsoft are perfectionists at MMO's, lineage 2 by far is the best MMO created (in my opinion) and Aion looks spectacular.

Ill pre order soon off NC's website.
Dling the beta client now even tho i dont have a beta key

Torn between rolling an assasin of Chanter. Any opinions?

Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 9:01 PM   #87
Pinkeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
Hey guys

Reallllly looking forward to this game
NCsoft are perfectionists at MMO's, lineage 2 by far is the best MMO created (in my opinion) and Aion looks spectacular.

Ill pre order soon off NC's website.
Dling the beta client now even tho i dont have a beta key

Torn between rolling an assasin of Chanter. Any opinions?
Not sure about perfection, but have been improving

They did shutdown Tabula Rasa recently.
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 11:48 PM   #88
flinchy

Chanter (Paladin) melee DPS/Healer:

Spiritmaster (Warlock) ranged DPS:

--fixed.

going by those descriptions.

sounds like an interesting game, will follow.

ED:
oh, Lineage 2 is far from perfection, it's 110% grinding
yes. 110%.

tabula rasa however ohhh man, i played the trial of it and it was the peak of mmos... thirdpersonshooterrpg more like it!

why did the noobs shut it down, it may have been the best mmo ever made.
Originally Posted by Taceo Corpus View Post
BRB - building a Faraday Cage.
Thinly veiled "I'm wrapping myself in chicken wire".
flinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 7:37 AM   #89
Reflexion

Been keen on this game for a while, didn't realise you could preorder and get a beta key right from the NCSoft site. When's the next beta weekend? Would be great timing for me if it's this weekend!
Reflexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 7:42 AM   #90
Chris H

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Chanter (Paladin) melee DPS/Healer:

Spiritmaster (Warlock) ranged DPS:

--fixed.

going by those descriptions.

sounds like an interesting game, will follow.

ED:
oh, Lineage 2 is far from perfection, it's 110% grinding
yes. 110%.

tabula rasa however ohhh man, i played the trial of it and it was the peak of mmos... thirdpersonshooterrpg more like it!

why did the noobs shut it down, it may have been the best mmo ever made.
I played lineage2 on and off since closed beta, but if you had a friend the grind wasnt that bad.
If you played recently you would have noticed its not so much grind any more. I went from C grade to A grade in a few weeks (double exp + exp booster drops)
The game required skill and alot of luck (drops). Required playing the market

Maybe im just trying to explain this to yet another WoW fanboi

Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote