Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 31st January 2014, 2:46 AM   #1441
winderic

Hi, any aussie legion I can join? Me on tiamat. Cheers

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 10th February 2014, 1:11 AM   #1442
Nightwish

Back into this game now. New class introduced. Giant mech riding Daeva. Interesting class
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 3:59 PM   #1443
ernie

New content update to Aion (4.7) comes out this Wednesday.

Quote:
The INVASION is coming. Asmodian and Elyos armies, both bolstered by the additions of the Aethertech class, have continued their battle against each other and the Balaur forces. But now, Beritra has marshalled his forces and renews his attempts at conquest. Meanwhile, new lands have been discovered and new opportunities lie in wait for those Daevas courageous and capable enough to rise to new challenges.

Over the past few weeks, we’ve shown you some of what will be coming with this new content update, including:

The New Zone of Kaldor
Two New Instances: Linkgate Foundry and Idgel Dome
The brand-new Atreian Passport
New systems and changes

But there’s so much more to come!

We’ll keep updating this section with links to more of what we reveal in the time left until the INVASION hits the servers. Until then, keep checking back here for the latest information on Aion’s newest content update coming November 5, 2014.
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...d.php?t=134126

The OCAU legion is dead as most players moved over to GW2 when it came out. Those of us left on Siel moved over to a new legion called <Aussie Alliance> and play most week nights.

- Ernie.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 7:51 PM   #1444
Zabba

Thanks for reminding me, I need to log in to pay the rent on my house
Zabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 4:15 PM   #1445
ernie

Quote:
After the maintenance tomorrow, we will be upgrading our account systems soon to provide you with better service and enhanced features. Most players will not have to do anything to take advantage of the upgrade.

However, some players are still playing on older accounts (“NCSOFT Master Accounts”). If you are using a “user name” to log into the game, you will need to migrate over to our new system to continue the use of your accounts and to play NCSOFT games. Migrating your account is easy, completely free, and takes only a few minutes. And, as a special bonus for all our longtime players, people who complete their account migrations before May 1, 2015 will receive 400 NCoin to spend in-game.

Don’t wait too long. If you do not migrate your account, it will be deleted from our system. Once this happens, we will be unable to recover your account and any associated characters, items, or data.

We realize that this probably doesn’t apply to current players who use their email to log in to the game, but if you have friends or family members, who might not be aware of this, please pass the information along.

To migrate your account, log in at https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/plaync_login.pl and you will be guided through the process.
This is really important, and you should do it even if you are not quite sure you are going to play Aion again, just in case.

- Ernie.

/EDIT You don't have to install/run the game to do this if you have removed it, just go to the link above.

Last edited by ernie; 13th March 2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 13th March 2015, 4:44 PM   #1446
Alqemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
This is really important, and you should do it even if you are not quite sure you are going to play Aion again, just in case.

- Ernie.
I played in 2010, wonder if I should
OCAU Musicians Guild Member #20

OCAU Guitar Players Club Member #One BILLION

Core Rig: USA Strat > Vox Tonelab > PA of any kind
Alqemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 6:13 PM   #1447
ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alqemist View Post
I played in 2010, wonder if I should
If you haven't played Aion since 2010 you should give it a go, there is a stack more content now. A lot of the early level grind is gone. They have been doing two content updates a year roughly, that is adding new maps, instances, etc. they even added 3 new character classes since 2010, and of course now there are no subscription fees, it's all free to play.

- Ernie.

Last edited by ernie; 13th March 2015 at 6:15 PM.
Old 17th May 2015, 12:07 PM   #1448
Nightwish

So being bored of wow and waiting for heavensward my bro and I have jumped back into aion. I have finally seen another dungeon other than haramel

I know this is probably going to get me some hate but I like that they removed the grind. Another thing that is helping me is I found a class I like. I recreated for the 3rd time and am now a songweaver and loving it
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2015, 8:24 PM   #1449
ernie

Aion 4.8 update goes live tonight.

Here is a link to the official patch notes:

http://static.ncsoft.com/aion/store/...tes_061715.pdf

Lots of changes, some 47 pages of them!

SongWeaver class looks like the one to go for, lots of improvements.

- Ernie.

Last edited by ernie; 26th June 2015 at 1:07 PM.
Old 12th July 2015, 5:48 PM   #1450
shippuuden

Wow these guys are pretty good when it comes to updating this game, Keeping it alive all this time.
Old 22nd July 2016, 2:49 PM   #1451
ernie

Default Aion 5.0 - Echoes of Eternity

Aion 5.0 - Echoes of Eternity - came out last week.

Patch notes are here:

http://static.ncsoft.com/aion/store/...tes_071316.pdf

The level cap has been raised from 65 to 75, but it gets exponentially harder as you level, kind of like Diablo II. It will take many months to get to L75.

I think the idea is to stop people playing a dozen alt characters, and stick to developing their main toon.

- Ernie.