Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Old 29th July 2010, 12:09 PM   #61
xtcy

What sort of systems specs do you guys think would be the minimum for a bearable playing experience?
xtcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 1:21 PM   #62
Mr. Blue
(Banned or Deleted)

Apparently you will be able to play it on a 3 year old machine, I hope to god this gets a decent player base so I don't have to revert to wow.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 12:13 PM   #63
damnation

hey this game's beta is pretty shocking from what i've played.

is there any way to remove the joystick style mouselook and have a 0 lag mouselook?
Old 12th August 2010, 6:31 PM   #64
Jarrah

I had high hopes.
I played the beta.
I uninstalled the beta.

Ran like shit on E8400 + GTX275. Ie 20FPS @ 720P res
Jarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 9:08 PM   #65
Mr. Blue
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah View Post
I had high hopes.
I played the beta.
I uninstalled the beta.

Ran like shit on E8400 + GTX275. Ie 20FPS @ 720P res
It's a beta, they always run like shit.
Old 13th August 2010, 10:02 AM   #66
Jarrah

With the game launching in close to 1 month nothing major is going to change. The main thing that bugged me is the camera control which is impossible using a mouse, its so laggy. This has been reported by countless testers for months and still nothing has been done.

Nothing will change between now and launch, it has a very rushed and half completed feel to me.
Jarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 12:56 PM   #67
circus_midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah View Post
With the game launching in close to 1 month nothing major is going to change. The main thing that bugged me is the camera control which is impossible using a mouse, its so laggy. This has been reported by countless testers for months and still nothing has been done.

Nothing will change between now and launch, it has a very rushed and half completed feel to me.
Have you played beta 3? There has been plenty of new changes from beta 2, including improvements to the mouse camera movement and mouse movement in general. It's still not perfect, but they have been listening and trying to make it better.
circus_midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 1:05 PM   #68
Mr. Blue
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus_midget View Post
Have you played beta 3? There has been plenty of new changes from beta 2, including improvements to the mouse camera movement and mouse movement in general. It's still not perfect, but they have been listening and trying to make it better.
Is it a good game though?
Old 13th August 2010, 5:02 PM   #69
circus_midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
Is it a good game though?
It's hard to say, I havent played the beta for hours on end to know the nitty gritty of it all.

I never played FFXI so I cant make a comparison to that, but playing a FF title I expect a decent amount of story line. That side of things isnt exactly available very much in the beta, again because I havent been able to progress too far, and the fact that it's still a content capped beta. Who knows how much more will be going into it.

Right now, to me, it just seems to be a more of a platform to get things working rather than a game, theyre trying to make controls and features that are easy and fun to use. It's a little hard to draw an exact conclusion on how good the game will be as an MMO in its current state.

I enjoy playing it and discovering the new things theyre adding in. If you're making a final decision about a game from playing the beta for 5 minutes, I think you're being a little shortsighted. That's my two cents.
circus_midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 10:05 PM   #70
Pinkeh

Well time to ccratch another MMOG off my list then. If it runs like shit at beta, shit probably wont be fixed for at least another year. Aion's at one year and a large portion of it's player base has left... nothing like starting noob town with only 4 players in the whole Poeta (noob region).

might play it.... bored of aion.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION

Last edited by Pinkeh; 28th August 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 5:17 PM   #71
Frozen454

Just thought I'd throw in that when I first tried it a while ago there was mouse look lag for movement and everything, but now it's been fixed and is perfectly responsive which is great.
Intel Core i7 920 - 6GB G.Skill Trident Triple Channel Memory - EVGA GTX 275 FTW Edition - EVGA X58 SLI - WD Caviar Black 1TB - LITEON 24X DVD/CD - Corsair HX1000 - CoolerMaster Cosmos S - Samsung SyncMaster Magic 21.5" - Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition - Razer Mamba - Razer Destructor

Steam - Frozen454
Frozen454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 6:08 AM   #72
newtonzt

what graphics card would be good to be able to run this game on high
newtonzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 6:38 AM   #73
AussiePokerGod
(Banned or Deleted)

so this is coming on ps3 as well? will be interesting an MMO on ps3 might give it a go.
AussiePokerGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 7:50 AM   #74
billme

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePokerGod View Post
so this is coming on ps3 as well? will be interesting an MMO on ps3 might give it a go.
Yes but not until March I think. I am going to get money for Fathers Day to put towards a pre-order on the CE for PC.

Apparently your character will work on both PS3 and PC (Hopefully same subscription/account so no extra fees). So if that is the case further down the track I can pickup a cheap copy of the game and try it out on the PS3. Have 2 PS3's here and would be great to try it on the big screen in the lounge room but the kids and the boss always have that .

My PS3 and PC use the same setup - Same monitor/speakers/headphones/desk/chair etc. So PC version is probably going to be easier so I just use my normal keyboard/mouse. I had tested a KVM with the PS3 before but not sure if the PS3 version is going to have full USB mouse and Keyboard support. Really need to research on it, but at this stage the PC version will do.

Anyone know how much the monthly fee's are going to be for Aus and if we can pre-purchase 12 month or lifetime subscriptions etc?

-----
EDIT:
Collectors edition is gone from EB's site, can still view it via Google Cache (here)

EB Standard and Collectors has a bonus in game item called "Garlond Goggles!". Not sure if they are any good or not.

I expect maybe one of the bargin gaming sites to do a price roundup but I just did a quick look for the PC versions.

EB:
Both versions come with the bonus item
Collectors - gone from site - $108
Standard $88

Game:
Collectors - $104 online, $109.95 in store
Standard - $79 online, $89.95 in store

JB:
Note a pic/link elsewhere on site shows collectors for $109
Collectors - $98.99
Standard - $89

Fishpond:
Has some good info on the collectors edition, with missing letters though!
Also the standard includes the Garlond Goggles!

Collectors - $99.97
Stamdard - $79.97

WTB: Games - PC/PS1/PS2/PS3 - RPG/Action & others!
WTB: 775 CPU, Small SSD, PCI/E card, DDR2

Last edited by billme; 29th August 2010 at 8:43 AM.
billme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 8:48 AM   #75
AussiePokerGod
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billme View Post
Yes but not until March I think. I am going to get money for Fathers Day to put towards a pre-order on the CE for PC.

Apparently your character will work on both PS3 and PC (Hopefully same subscription/account so no extra fees). So if that is the case further down the track I can pickup a cheap copy of the game and try it out on the PS3. Have 2 PS3's here and would be great to try it on the big screen in the lounge room but the kids and the boss always have that .

My PS3 and PC use the same setup - Same monitor/speakers/headphones/desk/chair etc. So PC version is probably going to be easier so I just use my normal keyboard/mouse. I had tested a KVM with the PS3 before but not sure if the PS3 version is going to have full USB mouse and Keyboard support. Really need to research on it, but at this stage the PC version will do.

Anyone know how much the monthly fee's are going to be for Aus and if we can pre-purchase 12 month or lifetime subscriptions etc?

-----
EDIT:
Collectors edition is gone from EB's site, can still view it via Google Cache (here)

EB Standard and Collectors has a bonus in game item called "Garlond Goggles!". Not sure if they are any good or not.

I expect maybe one of the bargin gaming sites to do a price roundup but I just did a quick look for the PC versions.

EB:
Both versions come with the bonus item
Collectors - gone from site - $108
Standard $88

Game:
Collectors - $104 online, $109.95 in store
Standard - $79 online, $89.95 in store

JB:
Note a pic/link elsewhere on site shows collectors for $109
Collectors - $98.99
Standard - $89

Fishpond:
Has some good info on the collectors edition, with missing letters though!
Also the standard includes the Garlond Goggles!

Collectors - $99.97
Stamdard - $79.97
haha excact same as my setup, got a ps3 and htpc in the lounge with XBMC on the htpc that the missus usually always uses along with the wii and ps3.

i got my mancave with my ps3 and pc hooked up to the same monitor and speakers as well lol.

i might do the same thing, since i prefer using mouse and keyboard in these style games anyway.
AussiePokerGod is offline   Reply With Quote