Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 28th May 2010, 6:18 PM   #31
Pinkeh

the art book is awesome. just received mine in the mail.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 28th May 2010, 6:30 PM   #32
Revenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
the art book is awesome. just received mine in the mail.
Cool was half thinking about it.

New screenshots are released a growing collection of them can be found here at mmorpg and article sites like gamespot have other screens etc.

To be honest I dunno if I really like the new graphics.

Sure there better than what we have and better than games like wow but I kinda expected more with the technology and the games available today.

Especially after seeing the first trailer with the warrior under the waterfall I thought the entire graphics would look like that good and something like final fantasy 12 as that is what the trailer showed in graphics especially with the characters.

But now the review sites have some actual screenshots of I presume the new lions arch in kryta etc the graphics look more dull and less shiny and lacking compared to the trailers at full screen though at 320x200 they kinda look alright. Mby the graphics aren't fully optimised yet or they are running to time constraints.

All leaves on the trees vines etc in one screenshot I found seem to be a solid 2d style overlay mesh instead of games like oblivion etc.

I can understand all they have done is upgraded there engine and its free online after purchase and I will still play it but with what is coming out guildwars 2 looks pretty behind compared to the big name games we are all used to with these new screenshots. Even though the trailer was right up there with the best of them.

Hope its just early development at a lower res than what we will use with features lacking such as HDR and various lighting and PP effects etc and they show us some proper screens themselves so we can judge properly.

Last edited by Revenger; 28th May 2010 at 6:57 PM.
Revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 6:47 PM   #33
Frozen454

Actually they didn't upgrade their GW1 engine, they built a new one from scratch just for this game, so it's going to be different for sure.

I liked the graphics in the first one and GW2 looks like it's more 3D which I think will be awesome.
Intel Core i7 920 - 6GB G.Skill Trident Triple Channel Memory - EVGA GTX 275 FTW Edition - EVGA X58 SLI - WD Caviar Black 1TB - LITEON 24X DVD/CD - Corsair HX1000 - CoolerMaster Cosmos S - Samsung SyncMaster Magic 21.5" - Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition - Razer Mamba - Razer Destructor

Steam - Frozen454
Frozen454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 7:07 PM   #34
Revenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen454 View Post
Actually they didn't upgrade their GW1 engine, they built a new one from scratch just for this game, so it's going to be different for sure.

I liked the graphics in the first one and GW2 looks like it's more 3D which I think will be awesome.
Its a upgraded engine though it seems to be totally rebuilt in areas, it wasn't built from scratch.

Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Brien
During the past two years of development we made huge advances to our game engine, adding a persistent world with free-form movement and exploration, day/night cycles, cutting edge support for dungeons and interior environments, numerous graphical advancements including support for more detailed environments and models, better lighting and shadows, new animation and effects systems, plus new audio and cinematics engines, a more flexible combat and skill-casting system, and so on. We also built an array of new content creation tools, enabling us to build a larger and grander world, bring it to life with a wide variety of events always taking place, create more unique and interesting adversaries, and tell stories more compellingly than we ever did before.
Link to another article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
Daniel: Yeah, the fact that our engine has revamped has quite extensively allowed us to tackle ideas that we couldn't pull off the first time around. That pretty much applies across the board; climates, creature design, the size and scale of things. Indeed, the creative freedom we were able to take is leaps and bounds beyond what we did the first time around.

Last edited by Revenger; 29th May 2010 at 7:13 PM.
Revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 3:00 AM   #35
Frozen454

Well looks like I'm wrong, although what I thought I remembered was probably from some early speculation news a few years ago. I haven't been keeping up.
Intel Core i7 920 - 6GB G.Skill Trident Triple Channel Memory - EVGA GTX 275 FTW Edition - EVGA X58 SLI - WD Caviar Black 1TB - LITEON 24X DVD/CD - Corsair HX1000 - CoolerMaster Cosmos S - Samsung SyncMaster Magic 21.5" - Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition - Razer Mamba - Razer Destructor

Steam - Frozen454
Frozen454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 7:30 AM   #36
Pinkeh

the artbook opens up a lot of commentary from the artists working on the concepts and what they are planning to do. should get it if you want to see the marvellous stuff they've got planned. it's only 30 bucks too. well worth it.

makes a great coffee table display book too.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Old 31st May 2010, 8:42 AM   #37
jenzer0

i got it last year hhahah

its an awesome art book for sure

kei's art is insane
jenzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 9:00 AM   #38
Slith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzer0 View Post
kei's art is insane
I just love his style.

Check out his blog if you like http://kekai.blogspot.com/

When I get my own house Im gonna have massive fantasy paintings like his on all the walls, that would be awesome.
Slith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 1:21 PM   #39
Stevros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slith View Post
When I get my own house Im gonna have massive fantasy paintings like his on all the walls, that would be awesome.
Dont bother having a wife or gf then.
Stevros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 1:59 PM   #40
Pinkeh

i like his "quick art before going home".

it's fracking amazing how good some of his "art doodles" are
Old 10th June 2010, 10:26 AM   #41
Slith

Guild wars 2 - Warrior profession skills

Axe or Mace? Rifle or Greatsword? You know, they're all good.

The warrior is a master of weapons who relies on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. A warrior can shrug off blow after blow to stay in the fight, all the while building up adrenaline to fuel his offense.

Slith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 9:46 PM   #42
Desert_Runner

The warrior looks cool, the trait system they have is interesting as well.
Perhaps if they'd worked harder the company wouldn't of failed?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamal
I concede defeat fine sir, your logic is irrefutable.
Desert_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 6:31 PM   #43
Warpy Thread Starter

Thread updated with content*

Warpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 10:33 AM   #44
Killing Time

this game looks like the one to watch for me, love the warrior fight video the animation is awesome and the they have put so much work into the environments, are they going to stick to the release date that is stated at the start of thread?
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 4:44 PM   #45
Stevros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Time View Post
this game looks like the one to watch for me, love the warrior fight video the animation is awesome and the they have put so much work into the environments, are they going to stick to the release date that is stated at the start of thread?
Q1 2011 is possible but as with lots of games there could be a delay.
The way things are looking i think we will see a specific release date soon though. They have been throwing new news on the site every 2 weeks roughly and they are supposed to be showing the game off in August at gamescon.
Stevros is offline   Reply With Quote