Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th September 2010, 10:33 AM   #46
iPeter
(Banned or Deleted)

I have a spare key for anyone wishing to join this beta but missed the cut. First in, best dressed!
iPeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th September 2010, 11:54 AM   #47
Xenomorph

I will grab they key.
Been wanting to try this out.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:10 PM   #48
Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknRahl View Post
The latest patch has been out for a few days. Loads of free gold and all your experience back so you can get the tank you want.

The main difference is the match making system combined with everyone having way too much experience and gold to spend with not all the tech trees for all the countries available. It basically means you will be involved in battles with ludicrous amounts of super heavies at times. Although if you are on lower tier tanks these battles are still meant to be fairly well rounded.

The game is now playing on a US server so the ping has dropped down around 150-200ms for us Australian folk. The US tanks will be released soon as well.

Edit: This is sad, I've been replying to my own thread three times in a row. Internet shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
I will grab they key.
me too if theres another - is there any other way to get a key nowdays?

I used to play bf1942 heaps just coz of the tank battles - still pay bf1943 on the xbox for the same reason...this is just up my alley
Old 29th September 2010, 12:26 PM   #49
iPeter
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
I will grab they key.
Done. PM sent

Quote:
Edit: This is sad, I've been replying to my own thread three times in a row. Internet shame.
Indeed that is amusing!
Old 29th September 2010, 5:41 PM   #50
Xenomorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeter View Post
Done. PM sent

Indeed that is amusing!
Downloading now...

Last edited by Xenomorph; 29th September 2010 at 6:29 PM.
Xenomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 7:26 AM   #51
Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeter View Post
I have a spare key for anyone wishing to join this beta but missed the cut. First in, best dressed!
Just letting you know you can still subscribe and get a key from the link at the start of this thread
Old 30th September 2010, 12:02 PM   #52
iPeter
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc View Post
Just letting you know you can still subscribe and get a key from the link at the start of this thread
Alright, cool man, thanks for that! I have tried pimping this game to friends but only a few jumped onboard.
Old 1st October 2010, 2:51 PM   #53
DarknRahl Thread Starter

I'll be joining the fun again in a few weeks once exams are over. Looks like we might have enough punters to platoon up.

Would be good if another couple of people had Panthers, once those things platoon up they become pretty scary.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:10 PM   #54
iPeter
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
I'll be joining the fun again in a few weeks once exams are over. Looks like we might have enough punters to platoon up.

Would be good if another couple of people had Panthers, once those things platoon up they become pretty scary.
Dude, I still don't know what I'm doing. I just drive around shooting stuff, then repair and restock my ammo and I battle again!

I do know this; login everyday and recieve 150 gold, the more I play the more experience my 3 dudes get (they're like 67% now) and that's it. My mate setup my tank so I do not know how to upgrade it or anything but I do know it's a PZII.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:42 PM   #55
zeegermans

hit research to get more better stuff for ur tank, then when ur in depot you can click on the turrent/tracks/gun etc to buy a new one that youve researched. Research is where you can unlock more tanks too to buy. Using tect tree gives you an idea where you can go with research.
zeegermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 2:43 PM   #56
DarknRahl Thread Starter

Get your crew up to 100% and always pay the money to train new crews to 75% if you can.
Old 2nd October 2010, 3:06 PM   #57
Xenomorph

Its damn addictive this game.
Bit depressing coming up against KV or better though, can't penetrate their armour and they 1 shot you.
Enjoying a T-46 at the moment, didn't like the SPG or TD much.

Do you find crew training makes that much difference? 50% vs 75% ?
Old 2nd October 2010, 6:15 PM   #58
r8response

Quote:
Bit depressing coming up against KV or better though, can't penetrate their armour and they 1 shot you.
Speed is the key. Get around behind and shoot em up the arse. Better yet, circle them. Most idiots use "Auto-Aim" and the turret will just spin around chasing you
r8response is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2010, 9:46 PM   #59
Franc

I love this game.

Got only the first panzer I could buy PzKpfw II full engine upgrades...good for scouting anyway.

Havent actually blown up a single tank yet but certainly a few know they have been hit.
Old 2nd October 2010, 10:17 PM   #60
DarknRahl Thread Starter

Full crew definitely makes a difference.

Once everyone is 110% and you have your tank all tricked out it is good times. Tier 5-6 is where you will make your easiest money.