OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 2nd October 2010, 10:19 PM   #61
Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknRahl View Post
Full crew definitely makes a difference.

Once everyone is 110% and you have your tank all tricked out it is good times. Tier 5-6 is where you will make your easiest money.
woot last battle destroyed a Pirke (BT-2) and damaged 5 other tanks and detected three before i was killed...I am really enjoying this!!

Next battle got Battle heroes as scout! as well as similar performance...this is very addictive

How do I get gold coins though? seem very slow to pick up...?

Last edited by Franc; 2nd October 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Franc is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 3rd October 2010, 9:39 AM   #62
r8response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc View Post
How do I get gold coins though? seem very slow to pick up...?
You get 150 every day. Not 100% sure what time it ticks over, but as long as you play one game a day (sometime after 5pm to be sure) you'll get it.

Save your Gold until you can get a 30 day premium account. Best value
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 2:18 PM   #63
iPeter
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
You get 150 every day...
Correct. You ONLY NEED TO LOGIN each day. Don't have to play a play round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
Save your Gold until you can get a 30 day premium account. Best value
This is what my mate who plays this 24/7 says too. SAVE your gold!
iPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 8:14 AM   #64
Ace Rimmer

Meh, sick of this. Spent AGES grinding exp in a KV to move to a heavier tank. Finally got enough to research a KV-3 but now don't have enough money to buy it. With that, I'm out.
Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 8:42 AM   #65
4wardtristan

Quote:
and is controlled strictly with a mouse, WASD and, occasionally, the number keys
boooo

no, wait, so its ONLY WSAD and cannot be changed???? it does look pretty cool however

OCAU SSD CLUB #226
4wardtristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 9:04 AM   #66
Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
Meh, sick of this. Spent AGES grinding exp in a KV to move to a heavier tank. Finally got enough to research a KV-3 but now don't have enough money to buy it. With that, I'm out.
IMO if your grinding, your not having fun.

Im concentrating on getting my current main vehicle up to spec with an elite 100% crew etc, once you do its a lot easier to be competitive - and much more fun - once there I am using the tank to build up my next -- otherwise its too unfun in a new tank getting owned before you can do much.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:16 AM   #67
DarknRahl Thread Starter

Yeah it took awhile to earn money for my Panther but that was because I had spent millions of credits upgrading my money making tanks with rammers, camo nets and stabilisers.

You want to have a fully upgraded tier 5 tank or two to earn money and also give you a break from playing with a slow un-upgraded primary tank.

I've only played the Germans but you want to run a Stug with a 75mm L/70/Pz. IV with L/70 and definitely want to pick up a Hummel. I've earnt 60k in a single round with a Hummel and had one round where I had 7 kills. The great thing about the Hummel is you actually make the most money when you are at the bottom of the rankings as you are doing major damage to all the Tier 9-10 tanks which are slow fat heavies, perfect arty targets.

There is always a little grinding in this game when you get a new tank and need to get the experience to upgrade it, but if you are spending most of your time grinding then you aren't having fun which defeats the purpose of playing. The experience grind to get the Panther fully upgraded was the longest I've been through and it really is crappy at default spec but once upgraded is awesome.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:42 AM   #68
Ace Rimmer

I was having plenty of fun but sick of my KV. When I sold all my tanks and then realised I couldn't afford the KV-3 that was enough for me.
Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 11:56 AM   #69
Gunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitler View Post
movie

You want to now don't you?

Is it my eyes or does it appear like the tracks are going backwards......
Gunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 11:58 AM   #70
DavyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
I was having plenty of fun but sick of my KV. When I sold all my tanks and then realised I couldn't afford the KV-3 that was enough for me.
Have you tried exchanging gold to credits?
DavyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 12:10 PM   #71
Franc

Quote:
I had spent millions of credits upgrading my money making tanks with rammers, camo nets and stabilisers..
Is it worth it at lower levels?

Quote:
You want to have a fully upgraded tier 5 tank or two to earn money and also give you a break from playing with a slow un-upgraded primary tank..
Whats Tier 5? I just got my first medium tank (Panzer in Maus line) and its mostly fully upgraded...I miss my III A though, as that kicked ass with its elite crew starting to hit the 80 percenters

Quote:
I've only played the Germans but you want to run a Stug with a 75mm L/70/Pz..
Youve convinced me!

Oh, and I have found for anyone new like myself - that when you are against laggy opponents (pretty much the only way you can hit them) or driving fast using the auto gunner can be a really good idea. As can switching shells based on your opponent.

One thing that I have noticed (that is really quite aggravating) is the lack of spatial awareness by some of the players. If I get damaged tracks again from some idiot going at right angles to everyone else without looking at the start....nothing like going at 2/3 speed from the outset because a teammate cant drive

Last edited by Franc; 4th October 2010 at 12:19 PM.
Franc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 12:47 PM   #72
DavyG

Quote:
Whats Tier 5? I just got my first medium tank (Panzer in Maus line) and its mostly fully upgraded...I miss my III A though, as that kicked ass with its elite crew starting to hit the 80 percenters
Tiers are levels. You see which tier is which in the tech tree on the numeral circled in red.

Click to view full size!

Quote:
One thing that I have noticed (that is really quite aggravating) is the lack of spatial awareness by some of the players. If I get damaged tracks again from some idiot going at right angles to everyone else without looking at the start....nothing like going at 2/3 speed from the outset because a teammate cant drive
They could just be lagging. I break tracks all the time when I'm lagging in my BT-2, when I swear another tank wasn't anywhere near me. Explosive acceleration doesn't mix with lag .
Old 4th October 2010, 2:08 PM   #73
Franc

Quote:
They could just be lagging. I break tracks all the time when I'm lagging in my BT-2, when I swear another tank wasn't anywhere near me. Explosive acceleration doesn't mix with lag .
I dunno, its not usually that sort of problem. Its when at the start, you are all moving along the road, when some people just drive like theres no one else there -at whatever direction they are headed towards at top speed without looking to see who is in the way. Yeah, not everyones perfect (ive done it myself by accident, apologised afterwards of course) but some people....

I can understand the issues when people are manuvering under gunfire (though sometimes you get people who are clueless like the guy who drove into my line of fire then got wasted blocking the way as well as blocking my fire) grrr

NB it doesnt appear to be lag - If I avoid the collision, theres no hit - i see the hit as it happens otherwise. Love the scaping sound when a tank scrapes past another one lol!
Old 4th October 2010, 2:57 PM   #74
DavyG

Quote:
I dunno, its not usually that sort of problem. Its when at the start, you are all moving along the road, when some people just drive like theres no one else there -at whatever direction they are headed towards at top speed without looking to see who is in the way. Yeah, not everyones perfect (ive done it myself by accident, apologised afterwards of course) but some people....

I can understand the issues when people are manuvering under gunfire (though sometimes you get people who are clueless like the guy who drove into my line of fire then got wasted blocking the way as well as blocking my fire) grrr

NB it doesnt appear to be lag - If I avoid the collision, theres no hit - i see the hit as it happens otherwise. Love the scaping sound when a tank scrapes past another one lol!
lol @ quote.
Are these light "scout" tanks like VK1602s' and BTs? They might just be trying to rush artillery by flanking or in the most efficient path.
Track breaking collisions in the beginning of matches end when you're in a decent, high tier tank.
Old 4th October 2010, 3:37 PM   #75
Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
lol @ quote.
Are these light "scout" tanks like VK1602s' and BTs? They might just be trying to rush artillery by flanking or in the most efficient path.
Track breaking collisions in the beginning of matches end when you're in a decent, high tier tank.
Mostly, yes.

Hmm I wonder how much fun this game would be with TS/Vent