Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Retro & Arcade

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 23rd September 2011, 9:58 PM   #91
xsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut View Post
Ah fair enough. I still haven't visited Canberra so might be worth a trip to check it out as well as those markets
They're not great but I have been lucky a few times.

Quote:
Wow, those are awesome deals. Which gametraders store did you go to? I rang the Parramatta one today actually and asked a price for a NES. $150
There used to be a great one at Castle Hill but it closed down. I found Alien Soldier at Parramatta (iirc); I suspect they didn't actually do their homework and find out what it is. Otherwise I woud have expected it to be priced much higher -- and I probably wouldn't have bought it
xsive is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:21 PM   #92
Krumm

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut View Post
Wow, those are awesome deals. Which gametraders store did you go to? I rang the Parramatta one today actually and asked a price for a NES. $150
Maybe it was one of those super rare NES-001
Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 7:34 AM   #93
cavanor

eBay on iphone app has ruined bargains for me...

I've gone to garage sales and the seller has quickly looked up their items on eBay to see if my offer was fair. I have basically given up finding things in the while as the amount of time it takes is not worth the effort these days. I used to do garage sales every weekend and op-shops twice weekly. Now I get nothing out of either as people either own nothing, save it for eBay or actually work at the op shop and cherry pick the goods before they go out.
cavanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 5:30 PM   #94
supernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavanor View Post
eBay on iphone app has ruined bargains for me...

I've gone to garage sales and the seller has quickly looked up their items on eBay to see if my offer was fair. I have basically given up finding things in the while as the amount of time it takes is not worth the effort these days. I used to do garage sales every weekend and op-shops twice weekly. Now I get nothing out of either as people either own nothing, save it for eBay or actually work at the op shop and cherry pick the goods before they go out.
eBay does seem to have taken over. What really annoys me is that having to resort to eBay means you're also paying postage prices. Yet there's not much point finding older games the traditional way because the price is jacked up even higher anyway. Particularly gametraders etc.
supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 5:37 PM   #95
Krumm

Worst thing ive been getting with ebay of late is lack of combined postage so they can try and milk every cent. You see a decent cheap $1, $5, $10 game with $5 postage you think I can get a few at that price as it will fit in a 500g prepaid and then they all like hoho thats $30 postage thanks...

If someone wants a minimum of $10 a game they should list it at $10 and not try to scam you / weasel out of fees by getting it from postage.

Last edited by Krumm; 26th September 2011 at 5:41 PM.
Old 27th September 2011, 8:19 PM   #96
supernaut

Agreed. I find the only way to really get around it is to find a seller that is selling a bunch of games together in the one auction. Although you then have the trouble of getting a lot of games you already have.
supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 8:31 PM   #97
gazman27

Just ordered mech warrior two and a joystick ftw
Old 27th September 2011, 9:11 PM   #98
Chewhacca

Scored a Power Macintosh 6100/66 off eBay.
Chewhacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 9:21 AM   #99
xsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Worst thing ive been getting with ebay of late is lack of combined postage so they can try and milk every cent. You see a decent cheap $1, $5, $10 game with $5 postage you think I can get a few at that price as it will fit in a 500g prepaid and then they all like hoho thats $30 postage thanks...

If someone wants a minimum of $10 a game they should list it at $10 and not try to scam you / weasel out of fees by getting it from postage.
Stop wasting your time with eBay. You can hunt down most stuff locally if you're willing to wait -- which I think is more fun anyway. I'd only go to eBay for titles I know I have no chance of ever finding in the wild.
xsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 2:13 AM   #100
Draxx

Just purchased 16MB of 20pin ZIP memory for my Amiga 3000 - 32 chips in total.

Here is what one looks like:

I previously had a ZIP -> SIMM adapter with 2x 8MB SIMM's in it, however the A3640 CPU card I purchased a while ago wont fit with the adapter installed, hence the ZIP's!

A3640:
Draxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 10:35 AM   #101
cpl punish

Just found one of these in a big lot of toys from an op-shop, works great!

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tandy/Pinball.htm
Old 29th September 2011, 3:08 PM   #102
PsychoSmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
$50 is a steal. I think I saw one go on eBay-AU a few months back for $300+!
Seriously?! I better contact my brother and find out if he still has our R.O.B. Our old NES set that came with Duckhunt (original grey gun!) and Gyromite (with R.O.B.) has been kicking around our family for a while. Last thing I want is it to get turfed.
Old 29th September 2011, 5:05 PM   #103
DeusCore

All the gear was relatively cheap surprisingly. The NES was a rare find. It's not often you can get them still in the box. I've still got the zapper gun, Mario/Duck Hunt, Mario 2, Mario 3, Trog, Dr Mario and TMNT on laybuy. But should have them soon.
Old 29th September 2011, 6:33 PM   #104
Krumm

found at a local gametraders then? I wouldnt mind getting a toploader nes one of these days
Old 29th September 2011, 6:38 PM   #105
DeusCore

Local pawn shop for the majority of it. Dreamcast and Top Loader from GT.