Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Retro & Arcade

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th September 2011, 7:00 PM   #106
ThunderbirdMoz

I'm cringing at your GT price sticker which looks to be unremovable without a lot of delicate work. Nice purchases though. I had a lot of fun blasting away in HoTD many many moons ago.
ThunderbirdMoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th September 2011, 9:41 PM   #107
xsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusCore View Post

All the gear was relatively cheap surprisingly. The NES was a rare find. It's not often you can get them still in the box. I've still got the zapper gun, Mario/Duck Hunt, Mario 2, Mario 3, Trog, Dr Mario and TMNT on laybuy. But should have them soon.
Nice. How much were the individual bits?
xsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 8:34 AM   #108
DeusCore

NES - $60
Snes - $50
Dreamcast + Gun and HOTD2 - $90
Super Mario World - $50
Other Dreamcast games - $30
Top Loader NES - $50
Old 30th September 2011, 8:45 AM   #109
HumbleBum

Quote:

All the gear was relatively cheap surprisingly. The NES was a rare find. It's not often you can get them still in the box. I've still got the zapper gun, Mario/Duck Hunt, Mario 2, Mario 3, Trog, Dr Mario and TMNT on laybuy. But should have them soon.
There is a shop that sells old shit in Warnambool VIC (its like a junk sale shop) they have 4 in boxes.. and a metric truckload of games.
Old 30th September 2011, 1:02 PM   #110
DeusCore

See, that is the reason I need to head down to Brisbane or something and find a bunch of stores like Cashies etc and buy up what they have. Do you know the name of the shop in Warnambul, coz I've got cousins in Craigieburn and Bayswater.
Old 30th September 2011, 1:43 PM   #111
Daft_Munt

Quote:
See, that is the reason I need to head down to Brisbane or something and find a bunch of stores like Cashies etc and buy up what they have. Do you know the name of the shop in Warnambul, coz I've got cousins in Craigieburn and Bayswater.
Christ, I am going to have to get my rellies to head there tomorrow...Humble has given me the location, he said mostly nes and snes gear...gets on phone!
Daft_Munt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 10:13 PM   #112
xsive

Quote:
NES - $60
Snes - $50
Dreamcast + Gun and HOTD2 - $90
Super Mario World - $50
Other Dreamcast games - $30
Top Loader NES - $50
Good work Though SMW was kind of pricey. Were you just like "No, I'm not leaving that behind"?
xsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:07 PM   #113
pasey25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft_Munt View Post
Christ, I am going to have to get my rellies to head there tomorrow...Humble has given me the location, he said mostly nes and snes gear...gets on phone!
good luck with it. if you get all the NES gear, I have a list of games that I had stolen that I need to replace. If you don't get everything there let me know as I'll be in Warnambool next week
Nintendo Club member #13
Plenty of good trades, send me a PM if you want any details.
pasey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:02 AM   #114
Daft_Munt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasey25 View Post
good luck with it. if you get all the NES gear, I have a list of games that I had stolen that I need to replace. If you don't get everything there let me know as I'll be in Warnambool next week
Bloody cousins were too busy to look. Cannot blame as most have young kids.
Daft_Munt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 2:16 AM   #115
DeusCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsive View Post
Good work Though SMW was kind of pricey. Were you just like "No, I'm not leaving that behind"?
Basically, yeah I was.
Old 7th October 2011, 12:43 AM   #116
Cannula

I just won this auction on a newly listed item.
I've got four NEC Yamaha midi daughterboard clones and have been hanging out for a while to get a Roland midi card. Quite a steal I think.
OCAU Diablo 3:Reaper Of Souls - Cannula#6861
| 486 | Pentium MMX 233 | Pentium Pro 200 | K6-2+ 550 | Celeron 300A | Pentium III 850 | Pentium III-S 1.4 | Dual Pentium III-S 1.4 | Pentium M 730 |
Hoarding; not a sickness, a way of life.
Cannula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 8:52 AM   #117
DonutKing

Nice, I picked one of those up recently too, in a bulk lot with a few other cards. It sounds like the same sample set as my Roland SC-55 but it seems to have less chorus/reverb effects? either way it sounds pretty similar.

Personally though - I think the Yamaha synth (even the XR385 clones) sound a lot better in most games. Only exception so far is X-wing, where the Roland sounds better.
DonutKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 9:14 AM   #118
cpl punish

Shame I dont have a Gameboy to test it anymore
Old 7th October 2011, 10:14 AM   #119
Cannula

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutKing View Post
Personally though - I think the Yamaha synth (even the XR385 clones) sound a lot better in most games. Only exception so far is X-wing, where the Roland sounds better.
I agree with you on that, my clones are all XR385's and I love the ballsy sound of Yamaha synths.
I did find a list of about forty games from Moby Games that have native support for the digital playback of RAP-10's which is necessary due to not being SB16 compatible. About a third of the games I already have too.
I was going to use it along side my SB16 which has an XR385 and use a customised dos startup for either, SB16 with XR385, RAP-10, RAP-10 midi only and SB16.
OCAU Diablo 3:Reaper Of Souls - Cannula#6861
| 486 | Pentium MMX 233 | Pentium Pro 200 | K6-2+ 550 | Celeron 300A | Pentium III 850 | Pentium III-S 1.4 | Dual Pentium III-S 1.4 | Pentium M 730 |
Hoarding; not a sickness, a way of life.
Cannula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 10:51 AM   #120
DonutKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannula View Post
I was going to use it along side my SB16 which has an XR385 and use a customised dos startup for either, SB16 with XR385, RAP-10, RAP-10 midi only and SB16.
I've currently got my SB16, GUS and RAP-10 set to different MIDI IO ports and just change the games setup to point to a different device. Its not the most elegant solution.... running so many sound cards in one machine gets pretty ugly

I don't have any drivers for the RAP-10, it pretty much just works. What are you planning to do with your config.sys/autoexec.bat?
DonutKing is offline   Reply With Quote