OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old Today, 4:04 PM   #136
Arctic_Silver08

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokman View Post
I dont understand how anyone with a high end setup is having issues... Im using a single Titan XP with a 6700K and never had any FPS dips.
because the game isn't optimized... It's not very pretty and yet only yields 70fps? I get more on BF1 which is way better graphically lol.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old Today, 4:22 PM   #137
aokman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Silver08 View Post
because the game isn't optimized... It's not very pretty and yet only yields 70fps? I get more on BF1 which is way better graphically lol.
LOL BF1 is not remotely comparable when it comes to map sizes etc, there is a lot more going on in this game with persistent items etc compared to relatively simple point and shoot games.

Nothing says the engine they are using is even ideal for the what they are doing with it but ARMA was equally as demanding and much easier to hack

#neverstopchasing - weatheradventures.net
aokman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:27 PM   #138
Arctic_Silver08

Quote:
I dont understand how anyone with a high end setup is having issues... Im using a single Titan XP with a 6700K and never had any FPS dips.

Quote:
LOL BF1 is not remotely comparable when it comes to map sizes etc, there is a lot more going on in this game with persistent items etc compared to relatively simple point and shoot games.

Nothing says the engine they are using is even ideal for the what they are doing with it but ARMA was equally as demanding and much easier to hack

You said you don't get how anyone is having issues with a high end set up.

I'll put it as simply as I can in 3 words.

Lack of Optimization.

BF1 might have been a bad example, so how's GTA5 then?
Old Today, 4:31 PM   #139
aokman

Then why am I not having issues? I just just jump in and play, I can understand people having issues with medium and lower end setups but high end should be fine.

Old Today, 4:38 PM   #140
m0n4g3

I'm not having any MAJOR issues on my end either. 4k with screen scale down to 85, everything low, except for textures and view distance on ultra. 120+fps on the regular.

My only issue with the game atm... is lag is hardcore bad when playing in WA.

Quite a few times i'm having to empty entire clips of the pump action shotty into people as it registers as a hit on my end (eg blood splatters and shit), and on the server end, not a hit (eg hitting team mate accidentally, and they survived with NO damage what so ever, purely down to lag).
i7-5930k @ 4.0ghz with EK Supreme-HF | Asus X99 Sabertooth TUF | 2x 980TI SLI with EK CU Blocks | 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 | 256gb Samsung 840pro | Xigmatek Elysium | Danger Den Monsoon D5 Dual Res bay, Koolance PMP-450 Pump | 2x XSPC RX360 Rads with 3xScythe Slipstream 1900rpm each | 3/8" Danger Den Black UV tubing | Red Monsoon Compression fittings
m0n4g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:40 PM   #141
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoPD View Post
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds | Titan X Pascal | 3440x1440 | Acer Predator x34 | 60FPS

movie

He's got a 6950K though.
would run better with 7700k.. tempted to go from 3960x to 7700k (or the next refresh) seems 6 cores will never matter in gaming, all per-core perf.

Quote:
Then why am I not having issues? I just just jump in and play, I can understand people having issues with medium and lower end setups but high end should be fine.
You 60hz? that's probably why, game is fine for 60fps and thereabouts, seems people with 100hz+ are biggest complainers (inc me)
Old Today, 4:41 PM   #142
aokman

I am running everything on ULTRA on mine at 2560x1440

The game definately likes CPU usage but mine runs at 4.7ghz

Old Today, 4:47 PM   #143
Arctic_Silver08

Quote:
No idea, maybe it favors different hardware/drivers/whatever - but if a game is lagging on a 7700k and a 1080Ti in my case (On a fresh install, latest drivers) then it probably suggests the game has flaws. Especially if i'm not the only one experiencing hiccups as these.

- Note: When I say lagging, I don't mean continuous shit frames, I can run this at 4k Ultra Maxxed out and still not drop a sweat until certain points where it will drop for a sec or two.
Old Today, 5:07 PM   #144
^catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Silver08 View Post
No idea, maybe it favors different hardware/drivers/whatever - but if a game is lagging on a 7700k and a 1080Ti in my case (On a fresh install, latest drivers) then it probably suggests the game has flaws. Especially if i'm not the only one experiencing hiccups as these.

- Note: When I say lagging, I don't mean continuous shit frames, I can run this at 4k Ultra Maxxed out and still not drop a sweat until certain points where it will drop for a sec or two.
This, the devs have already mentioned that game has inconsistent performance. For some people its been 100% fine from day one. Other users not so much.

The latest patch was primarily targeted at improving minimum FPS on lower-end hardware; this had a nice side-effect of making the game less 'stuttery' which I presume was related to asset load.

Also, don't spend too much time arguing with aokman, he's not real good with the logic and reasoning.
^catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 6:18 PM   #145
aokman

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker_2003 View Post
would run better with 7700k.. tempted to go from 3960x to 7700k (or the next refresh) seems 6 cores will never matter in gaming, all per-core perf.

You 60hz? that's probably why, game is fine for 60fps and thereabouts, seems people with 100hz+ are biggest complainers (inc me)
Yup 60hz, never noticed any slow downs except for the usual game lag which is the biggest problem. Everything is clunky from throwing grenades to getting in dam cars.