Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Audio Visual

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 18th March 2017, 6:24 PM   #1501
wolfie81

Finally got around to renegotiation with Foxtel. 55 bucks with the essentials, sport, movies, and HD.
wolfie81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 21st March 2017, 8:24 AM   #1502
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie81 View Post
Finally got around to renegotiation with Foxtel. 55 bucks with the essentials, sport, movies, and HD.
Sounds about right for what you are getting.
Old 21st March 2017, 8:39 AM   #1503
Radley

Is it worth a new customer ringing Foxtel and asking for a deal? I'd go for $50 or $55 a month for HD sports pack.
6800K | ASUS X99 ROG Strix | 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz | GTX1080 ROG Strix | Samsung 512Gb M.2 NVMe | Razer Leviathan | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Enthoo Primo | Custom water loop | 2 x Dell U2713H
[ Intel Owners Club Member [#93]
$3830 in sales on OCAU.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 8:43 AM   #1504
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley View Post
Is it worth a new customer ringing Foxtel and asking for a deal? I'd go for $50 or $55 a month for HD sports pack.
TBH, outside of the usual new customer promotion deals they do I don't think they will negotiate pricing with new customers. Happy to be corrected but all negotiated deals I see seem to come from existing customers.

You might need to just sign up for a minimum period and then when that expires, threaten to cancel/leave.
Old 21st March 2017, 9:16 AM   #1505
Radley

Thanks mate, that's what I was sort of expecting. Since there is only a 1 month minimum this isn't too bad. I might give them a call and see how I go.
6800K | ASUS X99 ROG Strix | 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz | GTX1080 ROG Strix | Samsung 512Gb M.2 NVMe | Razer Leviathan | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Enthoo Primo | Custom water loop | 2 x Dell U2713H
[ Intel Owners Club Member [#93]
$3830 in sales on OCAU.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 9:00 AM   #1506
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley View Post
Thanks mate, that's what I was sort of expecting. Since there is only a 1 month minimum this isn't too bad. I might give them a call and see how I go.
Please do let us know how you go, especially if you do decide to ditch it after a month and try to negotiate at that point in time. Would be interesting to see how far you got after only one month of being with them and threatened to cancel.
Old 22nd March 2017, 10:52 PM   #1507
holdennutta

With my favourite streaming guy not doing F1 again this season I'm half seriously looking at Foxtel...

I'm on FTTP NBN and trying to make sense of their pricing crap.

I'm presuming the offer period is 12mo? Not the first month only? It says lower down the first month fee is $45 for some reason...

Do you have to use the Foxtel Hub thing if you have all your own network stuff happily set up already (Ubnt gear)?

The video streams are over the fibre, right? I can't see anything mentioning sat dishes etc so presumably it's IPTV.

It'll probably be cheaper/better to go one of the less straight and narrow overseas IPTV services that carry SkyF1 but the fiance wanted me to at least investigate the legal way

Thanks all
holdennutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:01 PM   #1508
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdennutta View Post
I'm presuming the offer period is 12mo?
The way I read that was that it's $160/month for twelve months (the offer period) on contract i presume, then after that expires you pay month to month, no contract, $180/month.
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:53 AM   #1509
broccoli

Quote:
that package is for broadband as well, do uyou want to swap providers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
I expected this to be bad, but they really put the effort in and took it to a whole new level of atrocious.
broccoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:20 PM   #1510
holdennutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CHILLED View Post
The way I read that was that it's $160/month for twelve months (the offer period) on contract i presume, then after that expires you pay month to month, no contract, $180/month.
Cool - that's how I interpreted it as well. But I think last time I looked then had some decent first month price then it sky rocketed after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccoli View Post
that package is for broadband as well, do uyou want to swap providers?
I have Skymesh atm 600gb @ 100mbit for $90/mo. Foxtel seems to have better Youtube HD stats that skymesh so I'm not opposed to swapping ISP as part of it.

I just don't want to have to use Telstra's silly hub thing when I got ubnt stuff set up nicely.
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:33 PM   #1511
broccoli

Quote:
I just don't want to have to use Telstra's silly hub thing when I got ubnt stuff set up nicely.
I would think you'd have to use "their" box because it would have their connection info in it. The IQ box has a card in it, perhaps the broadband does too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
I expected this to be bad, but they really put the effort in and took it to a whole new level of atrocious.
broccoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 1:42 PM   #1512
xplod140

Quote:
Cool - that's how I interpreted it as well. But I think last time I looked then had some decent first month price then it sky rocketed after that.

I have Skymesh atm 600gb @ 100mbit for $90/mo. Foxtel seems to have better Youtube HD stats that skymesh so I'm not opposed to swapping ISP as part of it.

I don't really have any issues with YT through skymesh ever.
Old 23rd March 2017, 2:00 PM   #1513
holdennutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplod140 View Post
I don't really have any issues with YT through skymesh ever.
I went through about a month where it was impossible for anything above 240p to stream. Was a QLD issue I think. Resolved now.

I've no issues with Skymesh.
Old 24th March 2017, 4:12 PM   #1514
miicah

Quote:
With my favourite streaming guy not doing F1 again this season I'm half seriously looking at Foxtel...

I'm presuming the offer period is 12mo? Not the first month only? It says lower down the first month fee is $45 for some reason...

Do you have to use the Foxtel Hub thing if you have all your own network stuff happily set up already (Ubnt gear)?

The video streams are over the fibre, right? I can't see anything mentioning sat dishes etc so presumably it's IPTV.

It'll probably be cheaper/better to go one of the less straight and narrow overseas IPTV services that carry SkyF1 but the fiance wanted me to at least investigate the legal way

Thanks all
https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn

???

CS:GO Videos | Motorcycle Videos
miicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 1:29 PM   #1515
TheBear21

Default Post your Foxtel deal

About this time last year I called* to cancel my subscription. I was moving house and didn't really want to keep it, especially if it involved paying for a new install.

End result was free install, basic, movies and HD for $36/month.

This has just expired. Time to cancel again.

* I called and told the automated system I wanted to cancel my account. Informed of a roughly hour and a half wait. Hung up and rang again. This time said to change package. Waited no more than 1 minute to be served. Lol.