Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Audio Visual

Notices

Old 3rd February 2012, 11:26 AM   #151
rotas

i just finished my second 6 month 3x sd box on platinum package at $99.
but his time could only get a 12 month run for $0 upgrade to Iq2hd platinum plus 2sd multi for $120 so i took it being a better 12 month run
Old 3rd February 2012, 3:53 PM   #152
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotas View Post
i just finished my second 6 month 3x sd box on platinum package at $99.
but his time could only get a 12 month run for $0 upgrade to Iq2hd platinum plus 2sd multi for $120 so i took it being a better 12 month run
great deal

did you have to threaten to leave etc.?

www.precisetaxsolutions.com.au
Stooge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 11:38 PM   #153
rotas

yes rang to cancel as in 2 other times but they knew it was my 3rd discount run so was more of a price negotiation this last time round
Old 5th February 2012, 4:38 AM   #154
kizzav

Sounds like some people here get some pretty good deals while other have a hard time.

I highly doubt that only having been a Foxtel subscriber since the end of October (Foxtel On 360), would get me any favours/deals.

It wouldn't surprise me either, if they wouldn't wave the install fees, considering I already have Optus Cable internet.

My opinion is, if they want to get me onto Foxtel proper (& make more money), they need to somehow sell it well enough to get me off Foxtel on 360 & then wave the install fees.

If they succeed in that, I'll then push for multiroom. If nothing happens, deal-wise there, both parties lose.

I'd love to get Foxtel. Hell, I've been looking at it for the last 5+ months ffs. Mainly get it for sport. But the total $$$ put me off a bit.
My system: Antec 300 | i5 750 | GA-P55A-UD5 | 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz | WD 1TB Black | 2TB ST2000DL003 | GB 5850 1GB | Corsair HX-650 | BenQ G2420HD 24" | Win 7 Pro (64bit) | MythTV FE/BE: Antec 200 | E6600 | G41MT-S2P | 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz | 4x 2TB ST2000DL003 RAID5/LVM | G210 512MB | 2x Sony Play TV's | Ubuntu Server 10.04 | MythTV FE #1: Asrock ION 330 | 2GB DDR2 800Mhz | 320GB Seagate | Hauppauge MCE remote | Ubuntu 11.04 | MythTV FE #2: Asrock ION 3D | 2GB DDR2 800Mhz | 320GB WD | Ubuntu 11.04

Last edited by kizzav; 5th February 2012 at 4:42 AM.
kizzav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 9:46 AM   #155
rotas

going by the big thread on whirlpool about it. you should be about to get atleast $33 off when ringing to threaten to dissconect.

then its up to you to try for more discount $33 sounds like there standard offer
Old 7th February 2012, 1:28 PM   #156
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurwa View Post
It was my first phone call, and their first offer. I didn't even bother bargaining because I wanted to spend $100 and basically got it (i didn't tell them this, they offered that discount straight away). maybe I should've went for a lower price, haha
Used this as ammo.

Got Platinum HD with 2 HDIQ Boxes for $120 a month.

Also waived one of the costs for the new IQBox as well as the WiFi dongle for it.
You see, you are a person who delights in annoying others, as is clearly evident from your postings thus far. Normally, you have very little to contribute and as such seek only to incite others into an argument.

Last edited by The King; 7th February 2012 at 1:44 PM.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 5:17 PM   #157
ditch_101

Default my foxtel startup deal

After reading this thread I thought fuck it, I'll see what deals I can get on foxtel installation at my place.

I told the bloke pretty straight up my girlfriend has foxtel and she has the Sports and Movies channels, HD, with IQ for something like $80 a month. I said I wanted to get as close to this as possible.

While I was talking to him I was completely ready at any time to say no thanks, too expensive, and after doing this 3 times, ready to hang up, this is the deal he came back with:

MOVIES HD Package w/ IQ.
Start up fee for box and first months foxtel = $191 (I think he mentioned a $50 discount on the box)
Then ongoing price of $91 p/m.

I said I had to discuss the price with my housemates etc and he was NOT willing to let me go, however I insisted we weren't going to go anywhere unless I spoke to them first, so basically he's going to call me back in a couple of hours.

Now, I'm going to tell him there is absolutely no way we can take up the offer unless you waive the cost of the box. At this point we'll be paying $91 p/m which I'm pretty happy with. I might also say they need to add in the Sports channels or I won't go ahead with it - I'm perfectly happy to walk away unless I get a stellar deal (I also understand I'm not going to get a good of a deal as others who have been with them for a significant period).

Any other tips?

Old 7th February 2012, 6:07 PM   #158
Tinian

I had the Sports package ($92pm) and upgraded after telling them I no longer wanted Foxtel, let alone access to channels I never watched, to Sports HD @ $82pm for a year with free upgrade. "Dave" from the Gujarat had to ask his supervisor three times if they could get me a better deal. I just kept pointing out I didn't see the value.

Nail in my hand, from my creator
You gave me life, now show me how to live
Tinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 6:56 PM   #159
kizzav

I've got an idea that would solve alot of work & stress, both with the customer & Foxtel themselves. Foxtel are clearly wanting to make a sale & by the sounds of things, they are willing to throw discounts around left, right & centre.

Why don't they just reassess their pricing? Or, are Foxtel hoping that most people wouldn't question their pricing & cop it on the chin?

I could honestly see myself getting almost nothing from my requests, if I were to sign up.

Waive installation fee (Optus cable internet installed)? I'm a current Foxtel on 360 subscriber - how can they justify the benefit of Foxtel Vs Foxtel on 360? Any discounts?

If things don't seem to be going well, I'll drop the bomb that I might consider getting Multiroom (either an additional 1 or 2 boxes, depends), see if I get a sudden reaction (eg: seller suddenly sees $$$ signs, now they want to make the sale), I ask for new or previously asked discounts again, If i get nowhere, gtfo & stick to Foxtel on 360.

However, miracles could happen.
My system: Antec 300 | i5 750 | GA-P55A-UD5 | 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz | WD 1TB Black | 2TB ST2000DL003 | GB 5850 1GB | Corsair HX-650 | BenQ G2420HD 24" | Win 7 Pro (64bit) | MythTV FE/BE: Antec 200 | E6600 | G41MT-S2P | 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz | 4x 2TB ST2000DL003 RAID5/LVM | G210 512MB | 2x Sony Play TV's | Ubuntu Server 10.04 | MythTV FE #1: Asrock ION 330 | 2GB DDR2 800Mhz | 320GB Seagate | Hauppauge MCE remote | Ubuntu 11.04 | MythTV FE #2: Asrock ION 3D | 2GB DDR2 800Mhz | 320GB WD | Ubuntu 11.04
kizzav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2012, 7:58 PM   #160
5tumpy

I played the "It's too expensive, I've dropped my package to what I can afford to pay, but I miss the channels I don't have, so I want to cancel" card today... The result...

Sports Value Pack with multi-room for $80 on a 6-month contract... Saved $27 a month for the price of a phone call and 10 mins of my time... Very happy with that!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 4:00 PM   #161
ditch_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch_101 View Post
After reading this thread I thought fuck it, I'll see what deals I can get on foxtel installation at my place.

I told the bloke pretty straight up my girlfriend has foxtel and she has the Sports and Movies channels, HD, with IQ for something like $80 a month. I said I wanted to get as close to this as possible.

While I was talking to him I was completely ready at any time to say no thanks, too expensive, and after doing this 3 times, ready to hang up, this is the deal he came back with:

MOVIES HD Package w/ IQ.
Start up fee for box and first months foxtel = $191 (I think he mentioned a $50 discount on the box)

I said I had to discuss the price with my housemates etc and he was NOT willing to let me go, however I insisted we weren't going to go anywhere unless I spoke to them first, so basically he's going to call me back in a couple of hours.

Now, I'm going to tell him there is absolutely no way we can take up the offer unless you waive the cost of the box. At this point we'll be paying $91 p/m which I'm pretty happy with. I might also say they need to add in the Sports channels or I won't go ahead with it - I'm perfectly happy to walk away unless I get a stellar deal (I also understand I'm not going to get a good of a deal as others who have been with them for a significant period).

Any other tips?

Just an update on what happened. I received a call back from the bloke at 730, after some more back and forth from his "manager" he said he could give me the following deal:

MOVIES HD Package w/ IQ. *BUT ONLY WITH AN IQ1 BOX*
FREE startup (box for free)

I pointed out to him straight away this is no good as it defeats the purpose of having HD which is what I wanted. Anyway we ended the convo finally and he sounded very upset poor guy.

I received another call this morning from a girl who was from the cancellation department. She said yesterday somebody was trying to sign me up but I wanted to cancel, anyway, after another massive convo with her going back and forth she said she could get me THIS deal:

- $102 p/m for the usual 'movies HD' package

- $100 start up (box with $50 off)

and she would give me PLATINUM ALL CHANNELS FOR THE FIRST MONTH.

I said I'd call back and we'll see what happens. This still isn't good enough for me after reading what some of you guys are getting. Hopefully I can get it down further.
Old 8th February 2012, 4:45 PM   #162
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch_101 View Post
Just an update on what happened. I received a call back from the bloke at 730, after some more back and forth from his "manager" he said he could give me the following deal:

MOVIES HD Package w/ IQ. *BUT ONLY WITH AN IQ1 BOX*
FREE startup (box for free)

I pointed out to him straight away this is no good as it defeats the purpose of having HD which is what I wanted. Anyway we ended the convo finally and he sounded very upset poor guy.

I received another call this morning from a girl who was from the cancellation department. She said yesterday somebody was trying to sign me up but I wanted to cancel, anyway, after another massive convo with her going back and forth she said she could get me THIS deal:

- $102 p/m for the usual 'movies HD' package

- $100 start up (box with $50 off)

and she would give me PLATINUM ALL CHANNELS FOR THE FIRST MONTH.

I said I'd call back and we'll see what happens. This still isn't good enough for me after reading what some of you guys are getting. Hopefully I can get it down further.
yeah, keep pushing them

i pay $102 p/m for IQ2 and Platinum package (got free install a while back too)

www.precisetaxsolutions.com.au
Stooge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 11:09 PM   #163
Yerolo

Haha I realise you guys are getting good deals....but its totally unfair to the rest of us who dont have the bartering skills to pay anything less than the advertised prices

The only time I have really bartered a deal was a couple of years ago when I found myself in a spot of unemployment. I called up Foxtel to cancel my service as I obviously couldnt afford it. The nice girl on the other end instead suspended by acct for about 3mths at no charge and also chucked in a month free when it came back online. (She figured that would give me enough time to get another job)

I ended up getting a job in about 2mths, I called back and someone else reactivated it and the free month also remained
Yerolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 12:53 AM   #164
demowhc

Got Foxtel IQ2 + HD channels & movie package, aswell as house phone with free telstra mobile and local calls, bigpond ultimate cable 200GB in a bundle for $189 per month.

I had 100GB cable before and less channels, rang up to see if I could reduce some costs (less channels, less data etc) and they said they could give me the 200GB plan for cheaper? wtf? I didnt argue..
demowhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 8:11 PM   #165
nordica-k2
(Banned or Deleted)

Been with them for about 4 years now, going to cancel unless we can arrange a nice IQ/HD package...

So many useless channels though - all I want is comedy/fox8/discovery damnit ><
nordica-k2 is offline   Reply With Quote