Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > PC Audio

Notices

Old 13th October 2017, 8:33 AM   #1
UnCoNoob Thread Starter

Default Crackling in headset

Hey.

I have a weird issue with my headset getting crackling when ever there is any sound played on the PC.

Now the strange part is they worked fine 2 days ago but Windows was taking 15mins to load and couldn't pin point the problem so I done a fresh install of Windows which fixed my booting issue but when I installed all the drivers for the headset now I get crackling every time any noise is made which never happened before.

So I thought ok the drivers might be the issue though they are the same version and all I was using before as still had the file on my other drive. So I uninstalled them and reinstalled them but no luck same issue. Then thought maybe some how the USB port is now faulty so I tried every USB port on my PC.

At this point I am looking at the USB single as a culprit so use the onboard audio I get the same crackling out of that. Ok so it must be the headset right? Go to the other PC plug it in use default drivers Windows dishes out play a movie and crisp clear sound. Ok so it must be the driver I installed again? I uninstall the drivers for it and let Windows install its own driver. The issue gets slightly better I mean it's still there and it really annoys me but its some what bearable from what it was.

Ok that is not all I done I changed powerboards, changed power sockets, turn off amp and sub to TV, took PC apart and fully cleaned PC too out all in needed cables as had 3 other hard drives in at a point and just left cables in.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the USB drivers? Seems far fetched but its the only thing I didn't try.

As I say the only thing that changed was fresh install of Windows.

Headset is sennheiset 363d
OS is Windows 10 pro 64bit
Old 13th October 2017, 12:58 PM   #2
UnCoNoob Thread Starter

Ok fixed it dunno what it was I uninstalled USB drivers and installed them from motherboard website and same problem so I uninstalled all drivers for headset and still done it so installed the sennheiser drivers again. Then I reset BIOS to default but when I applied it said there were no settings to be saved so nothing changed. Now it works now but for how long!!!!.

Very strange issue as I have done a fresh install of Windows 3 times this year as I hate clutter and usually can do it in 30mins and be running again. But first time thats happened although I did install new BIOS version same time I formatted so maybe why. But I reset it to default before installing Windows so I dunno