Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 9th June 2017, 4:47 PM   #31
im late

Much appreciated all for the info.

@ginger_nuts, I have:

i7-5960X | Gigabyte X99-SOC Force LN2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3733 C17 | Lite-On LCT-128M3S | Asus GT710 | Corsair AX1200i | PrimoChill Praxis Wet Bench | Phobya Xtreme SUPERNOVA 1260 | EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial

I have three separate SSDs, each with different OS's, Win 10 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 7 Pro SP1. I also have a Win XP ISO that I can bung on a forth SSD. I suppose this is standard fare anyhow.
Intel i7-5960X | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C14 | EVGA GTX 1080Ti FE | Intel 750 Series 400GB | 3 x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB Raid 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 | Corsair 750D | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
im late is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 9th June 2017, 4:58 PM   #32
shane41 Thread Starter

XP can go very well on modern hardware. Did find drivers tough to line up.
The Nvidia ones are tricky to search & some obscure ones out there work well.

Many of the Top guys benching in the world run Win7. It just works,
plenty of support on mb manufacturer's websites.

I'm rubbish though on running Ati......I have to learn those gpu's yet.

You have good hardware man. Newlifes link on volt " how to's "
Look at that one with the small low cost gpu. Certain combo's do hit good points.
Haha ...........might be a bit rude that picture.
shane41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 5:45 PM   #33
headin2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by im late View Post
Much appreciated all for the info.

@ginger_nuts, I have:

i7-5960X | Gigabyte X99-SOC Force LN2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3733 C17 | Lite-On LCT-128M3S | Asus GT710 | Corsair AX1200i | PrimoChill Praxis Wet Bench | Phobya Xtreme SUPERNOVA 1260 | EK-SBAY Dual DDC 3.2 PWM Serial

I have three separate SSDs, each with different OS's, Win 10 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 7 Pro SP1. I also have a Win XP ISO that I can bung on a forth SSD. I suppose this is standard fare anyhow.
A good W7 install trimmed is a mighty option in most benches still. Plus, unless on Skylake/Kaby, it's a pre-requisite due to time/clock variance.

IE, if you don't run Kaby/SL, only use W7 or older. Full stop. I believe even Ryzen needs to be W7 for anyone running.
headin2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 5:57 PM   #34
shane41 Thread Starter

What can be done for cbjaust & his Ryzen @ 4Ghz & x8 cores?
I have asked twice in pm's to High ranked members.......

Message him, see what he can speed up please. Get them points moving
Old 9th June 2017, 6:02 PM   #35
headin2001

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/ryzen_7_1800x/

Look at the ones with highest points next to it, check the rankings and see. These are only HWpoints. You have to go in and look at the others to see if there is globals available.
headin2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 6:11 PM   #36
Sgt Bilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane41 View Post
What can be done for cbjaust & his Ryzen @ 4Ghz & x8 cores?
I have asked twice in pm's to High ranked members.......

Message him, see what he can speed up please. Get them points moving
Ryzen excels at anything Multi-Threaded so for HWBOT you've got:

HWBOT Prime, Cinebench 11.5, 2003, R15, Geekbench 3 + 4, 3DMark11 Physics, wPrime, GPUPI for CPU, HWBOT x265 Benchmark among others.

Even if it isn't the best score sub it anyway.

But overall I agree with Zero and Karta in this, You can scream from the rooftops all day about more people need to join but you can't make them, if someone comes along and wants to learn then they will get help but beyond that there isn't much you can do.

Comments are my own unless stated otherwise.
Sgt Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 6:23 PM   #37
shane41 Thread Starter

It's still fine bilko I don't have grappling hook these guys to do stuff.

You guys have seen plenty of my writing over the years........That theme is the same, my goal is the same, nothing has changed.

We are discussing, members are reading.

Shout it from the rooftops I will ......... every city if I must. Get our guys trained up, pump out the points.

All in here have very unique skills & we find something we are good at. Then we do it well. Members modding computers beautifully.
Others competing on the world scene. Then many reading outside of OCAU for the information they need on a particular problem.

But we all have a common bond. We love computers

So if we have some members re-invigorated from reading here, to decide to give it a go. That's half the battle one.
Help your team mates to go faster. We all score well then
Old 9th June 2017, 7:49 PM   #38
im late

Noted on the W7
Intel i7-5960X | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C14 | EVGA GTX 1080Ti FE | Intel 750 Series 400GB | 3 x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB Raid 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 | Corsair 750D | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
im late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 9:07 PM   #39
Paulie_AU

Gigabyte won't let me compete in HWBot comps with the LN2 board so I am currently in a huff.

Bought gear to compete in Div3, now cannot find the motivation. But a few weeks to go so will see.

I run a tight PC budget....... when I break something it makes me sad.

Mr_McPoo
Paulie_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 10:28 PM   #40
newlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie_AU View Post
Gigabyte won't let me compete in HWBot comps with the LN2 board so I am currently in a huff.

Bought gear to compete in Div3, now cannot find the motivation. But a few weeks to go so will see.

i don't think it's gigabytes fault on this one because they allow ES but more so hwbot as it's unreleased

Awhile ago I lost about $1400 in 24 hours so and given money is tight with me that hurt and found myself moving to cheap AMD hardware with when it dies it's only like $200 max for new cpu or board although it came at the cost of getting pretty much hwbot points but massman/hwbot have promoted my AMD stuff a few times
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 11:11 PM   #41
Chilli-Man

Quote:

ES is allowed in the Challenger divisions.

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/roadto...316/discussion

Give it a crack, I will be. Even though there's not a whole lot of time left, still enough to get some results in and learn something new
Chilli-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 11:56 PM   #42
shane41 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
Awhile ago I lost about $1400 in 24 hours so and given money is tight with me that hurt and found myself moving to cheap AMD hardware with when it dies it's only like $200 max for new cpu or board although it came at the cost of getting pretty much hwbot points but massman/hwbot have promoted my AMD stuff a few times
.......and that there is the bigger picture Newlife. That real cost is massive. All your best parts put on the line.

So how can we support these guys in here. Ask to help them on purchasing new parts.
If a gpu comes up for sale & an overclocker in the team will need it for Country cup.
Let him have it, cheaper even That tally of broken parts last country cup was enormous $$$$

All these Overclockers in here do not have sponsorship. They pay like the rest of us. So they need your help too.

Want to do a reveal on something my friend has worked on tirelessly this whole year.
Loaded on the Haswell beasty computer tonight.

Yes that's right a tiny working Win7 64. Apparently he could do under 2GB
Sweet as to quote mic

Old 9th June 2017, 11:58 PM   #43
Paulie_AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli-Man View Post
ES is allowed in the Challenger divisions.

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/roadto...316/discussion

Give it a crack, I will be. Even though there's not a whole lot of time left, still enough to get some results in and learn something new
Yeah..... need to source a PSU. Put my backup into daughters little rig.

Mr_McPoo
Paulie_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 12:15 AM   #44
Ratzz

Quote:
Yeah..... need to source a PSU. Put my backup into daughters little rig.
I'm sure she will love it when Daddy has finally declared it good enough, or gotten bored with upgrading it..

Wifey hates it when I see cheap Haswell stuff, she knows the only Haswell machine around here is hers... "FFS leave it alone, I like it just as it is"

I'm thinking of upgrading her to Kaby one day while she is out having coffee and just not telling her....
Quote:
Originally Posted by seizium View Post
I did visit the NBN van today at Westfields North Lakes, but their internet connection wasn't working so they couldn't give me any information
My Rig
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 1:19 PM   #45
newlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane41 View Post
.......and that there is the bigger picture Newlife. That real cost is massive. All your best parts put on the line.

So how can we support these guys in here. Ask to help them on purchasing new parts.
If a gpu comes up for sale & an overclocker in the team will need it for Country cup.
Let him have it, cheaper even That tally of broken parts last country cup was enormous $$$$

All these Overclockers in here do not have sponsorship. They pay like the rest of us. So they need your help too.

With the past CC's if someone needed hardware they got it for free and might be important to point out very few people here get free hardware and those that do still buy most of their hardware

Oh and if you ever want to get free hardware you basically need to sell your soul and hardcore sell the brand on social media and such or set WR's
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote