Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Old 15th September 2017, 3:25 PM   #31
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantner View Post
There's the complaining
Wasting your time mate ; ) power is an expert software engineer who has worked on OS's that span the globe, as such he would have this fixed the very next day

I'm still wondering if he sent his resume in to them yet, this is a minor problem and should have been fixed months ago!
Old 15th September 2017, 3:26 PM   #32
Bold Eagle

WTF why roast Power - it was a very meaningful post that apparently has only just been patched (after this post was made mind you!!!!). We are still to see many confirm this patch has actually resolved the issue! No one can confirm this issue has been outright resolved unless we have insight into the actual coding that was causing the issue and many posters have stated it is resolved for them after prolonged testing.

It is a current topic that has been doing many peoples heads in - and some want to shoot the messenger undeservedly!!

Last edited by Bold Eagle; 15th September 2017 at 3:29 PM.
Bold Eagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 3:28 PM   #33
miicah

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
if only they'd test before release....
There was testing, by the public. It's how MS roll now

CS:GO Videos | Motorcycle Videos
miicah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 3:33 PM   #34
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Eagle View Post
WTF why roast Power - it was a very meaningful post that apparently has only just been patched (after this post was made mind you!!!!).
People need to understand how complex and time consuming troubleshooting is for an organisation such as MS with a large piece of complex global software running on many platforms with many many different combination of issues possible. I think it's one thing to bring the issue to people's attention but it's quite another to go off at a company, as a complete layperson external to their company, at them for not fixing in the time he has decided is appropriate. Do MS want to have an issue? Of course not. They will get it fixed.
Old 15th September 2017, 3:35 PM   #35
Bertross

Quote:
how inconvenient - game mode eh?

BAHAHAHAHA!

movie
yep i laughed hard too when i saw this a few days ago. Nice of them to finally admit it lol.

EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 | RYZEN 1700 3.9GHZ+H100I | ASUS ROG BIG HERO 6+SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 | 32GB CORSAIR VEN 3200 | PHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV TG | EVGA SUPERNNOVA 750
DELL U3415W 34" | WACOM CINTIQ 24HD | IPAD PRO 12.9"+PENCIL
Bertross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 3:45 PM   #36
pantner

Quote:
How many bug reports and logs did you submit to Microsoft?
Quote:
pointing out how crap something is is not complaining.

you are basically just giving them a free pass because "oooh software and stuff is hard wot if this that and the other".
So, 0 then?

and, it is link

justified or not, it is still complaining.

I'm just saying that I understand that things take time and stuff doesn't always happen as quick as I, you or someone else might think.

Quote:
WTF why roast Power - it was a very meaningful post that apparently has only just been patched (after this post was made mind you!!!!). We are still to see many confirm this patch has actually resolved the issue! No one can confirm this issue has been outright resolved unless we have insight into the actual coding that was causing the issue and many posters have stated it is resolved for them after prolonged testing.

It is a current topic that has been doing many peoples heads in - and some want to shoot the messenger undeservedly!!
I'm not "shooting" him so to say because of the message.
As I said, I believe I was one of the people that experienced the issue.

It's his behaviour and actions after delivering said message that I have a problem with.
Intel i7 860, Gigabyte PA55-UD5, 2x4GB DDR3, 300GB Velociraptor, 2x2TB Seagate SATA in RAID 0, NVIDIA GTX580, Pioneer DVD burner, Silverstone OP850W, ASUS 23" LCD, Acer 23" LCD, Microsoft X6, Microsoft Intellimouse, Noctua NH-D14
pantner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 3:46 PM   #37
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
I'm not "shooting" him so to say because of the message.
Actually he called us fanbois
Old 15th September 2017, 3:47 PM   #38
Bold Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CHILLED View Post
People need to understand how complex and time consuming troubleshooting is for an organisation such as MS with a large piece of complex global software running on many platforms with many many different combination of issues possible. I think it's one thing to bring the issue to people's attention but it's quite another to go off at a company, as a complete layperson external to their company, at them for not fixing in the time he has decided is appropriate. Do MS want to have an issue? Of course not. They will get it fixed.
When they outsource everything to maximise profit return from QC (Insiders ring) then duck and weave for QA (denying issue until the evidence becomes overwhelming) they deserve to be roasted.........

I am not sure you realise how significant the issue actually was - many said their games became unplayable and spent many hours trying to analyse and isolate. Basically it is the same as releasing a software patch for a car that then kept stalling and spluttering and making the thing non-drivable.

Last edited by Bold Eagle; 15th September 2017 at 3:59 PM.
Bold Eagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 3:51 PM   #39
power Thread Starter

I guess not everyone has your unwavering faith in MS, this is honestly what's going through my head.

Old 15th September 2017, 4:34 PM   #40
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
I am not sure you realise how significant the issue actually was - many said their games became unplayable and spent many hours trying to analyse and isolate. Basically it is the same as releasing a software patch for a car that then kept stalling and spluttering and making the thing non-drivable.
Again. How many are estimated to be effected? You mention "many" and keep repeating that phrase. How "many"?

But regardless, I don't think you realise, no one here has not said it's not an issue.

Last edited by MR CHILLED; 15th September 2017 at 4:40 PM.
MR CHILLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 4:55 PM   #41
radeon_freak

For Microsoft to admit there is an issue and work on a fix it must be a fair whack of users.
Sales: Hung Mung01, arnica, goodguy82, pshnfry, Pic, XTREME OC'ER, lui_gough, alexanderino, phil_is_mrx, Noonoo, lionman, snoozeys, callen_1, iCrunk, craigoss, CHemical, V1C7012, mtot, Miggod, protecon, Chop92per, Copie, stedyedy, Pipster, Peteodeath, Blue_muppet, dingdong555, baby_ute, fredhoon, WuzzA21, ElBeasto, lostdude, endo, disa1377,TwistedTripper, SoniQx, MorgzMods, gigabyte123, lostdude, vinnie, iNoob, colinskies, Wombycat, jamieyn, Linkin, aln, Little Man, linsi, AdsfromOz + many more
radeon_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 5:03 PM   #42
Bold Eagle

Quote:
Again. How many are estimated to be effected? You mention "many" and keep repeating that phrase. How "many"?

But regardless, I don't think you realise, no one here has not said it's not an issue.
Fair comment - it did not affect me but I wasn't playing the titles that had been listed.

I get frustrated when outsourcing and profit gouging leads to significant quality erosion it's not like MS is tight for money and the motives are purely greed based.
Old 15th September 2017, 6:35 PM   #43
pantner

Quote:
I guess not everyone has your unwavering faith in MS, this is honestly what's going through my head.

and this is what is going through mine

Quote:
Actually he called us fanbois

did he make an assumption about my gender????
Intel i7 860, Gigabyte PA55-UD5, 2x4GB DDR3, 300GB Velociraptor, 2x2TB Seagate SATA in RAID 0, NVIDIA GTX580, Pioneer DVD burner, Silverstone OP850W, ASUS 23" LCD, Acer 23" LCD, Microsoft X6, Microsoft Intellimouse, Noctua NH-D14
pantner is offline   Reply With Quote