Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Business & Enterprise Computing

Notices

Old Yesterday, 2:51 PM   #26446
Frozen_Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by looktall View Post
screenshot the desktop, print it out and stick it on the wall.
Wipe/re-install his computer and enforce the screenshot as his new desktop background via GP.
Old Yesterday, 6:14 PM   #26447
looktall
Working Class Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Hell View Post
Wipe/re-install his computer and enforce the screenshot as his new desktop background via GP.
I have a screenshot set as my wallpaper on my desktop and the same thing printed out and stuck on my wall.
The screenshot is of a comment made by one coworker to another about having trouble working out how to do something that I used to do but no longer do and it was something this person used to always complain about the way I did it.

I use it to remind me that people are dickheads and often speak with no basis in fact or knowledge.
looktall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:25 PM   #26448
Pepito

I honestly don't understand the urgency of the average (ie. non IT industry) person to upgrade their iDevices to the latest software upgrade as soon as it comes out.

I usually advise people to wait a few days before upgrading, especially to a xx.0 version, unless they have a critical issue expected to be fixed by the update.

But no .... less than 30 seconds after they see that available update icon they're tap tap tapping on that install button.

Then when they suddenly discover they can't send emails they're on the phone moaning about "bloody technology"

Ahh .. that feels better

==
Old Yesterday, 7:28 PM   #26449
wintermute000

wintermute000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:01 PM   #26450
waltermitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepito View Post
I honestly don't understand the urgency of the average (ie. non IT industry) person to upgrade their iDevices to the latest software upgrade as soon as it comes out.

I usually advise people to wait a few days before upgrading, especially to a xx.0 version, unless they have a critical issue expected to be fixed by the update.

But no .... less than 30 seconds after they see that available update icon they're tap tap tapping on that install button.

Then when they suddenly discover they can't send emails they're on the phone moaning about "bloody technology"

Ahh .. that feels better

==
Why do technical people running bleeding edge rolling release distros build packages straight from git as soon as the dev pushes something?

It's part of the human condition.
waltermitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:57 PM   #26451
elvis Thread Starter
Old school old fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^catalyst View Post
I'll just leave this here

Heh, nice timeline.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:26 AM   #26452
elvis Thread Starter
Old school old fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcann View Post
Just use SRP with anyone of the million templates out there and block access to TOR.

Then you really can give zero fucks because Crypto just won't happen. and any app that still runs in appdata can go and get fu&*ed as far as i am concerned, damn lazy programmers.
I already block TOR (and VPNs, and remote proxies, and adhosts, and P2P, and a tonne of other shit) at both the network and DNS level.

We might be majority Linux/Mac, but they aren't risk free. We also have a lot of guests and tenants in our network that I can't directly manage. So I need security between them and the unwashed masses, agnostic to any platform or OS.

Last edited by elvis; Today at 9:28 AM.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote