Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 1st August 2017, 9:08 PM   #2296
Pinkeh

"When it's done" is probably the closest estimate.
ASUS P8P67 EVO | I5 2500K @ 3.3GHZ | KINGSTON HYPER FURY 2x8GB DDR3 RAM | GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 512GB + WD CAVIAR BLACK 4X6 TB | NZXT PHANTOM FULL TOWER | 3X DELL U2311H @ 5760X1080 RESOLUTION
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 1st August 2017, 9:17 PM   #2297
soulblade64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchpom View Post
So whats the latest estimate for 3.0 now?
If you're interested in getting the weekly updates the schedule report is the most up to date thing. Their targets are just that, internal company targets. Not guaranteed dates. Their current dates are the end of this month and there has been progress in module completion every time they update their schedule (you can see this by going through the difference links on the past schedule reports).

In saying that, CIG dates are always subject to change. Take this with a grain of salt.
OCAU MetaL Club Member #203 xbox live gamertag: soulblade64
Trades- More than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo54 View Post
I would. But I would eat the other people before I ran out of supplies, therefore quadrupling my food supply, and allowing me to live for ever, as cannibal king of mars.
soulblade64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 2:37 PM   #2298
ADV

From what I understand the only reliable piece of information we have, is Squadron 42 will at some point, end development. Whereas the persistent universe will never stop development, so any dates are just guidelines.
Old 2nd August 2017, 6:07 PM   #2299
gtarmanrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeh View Post
You know i was delaying my PC build for star citizen but at this point.... i'm not waiting till 2020. LOL
hahaha i have been hanging out to get a proper flight stick setup since...2015? havnt really bothered yet since havnt found a real need. but for some reason in the latest couple of builds my joystick acts weird. certain buttons seem to have re-mapped or just dont work. in SC only.
PC: i7 7700K - Gigabyte Z270MX-G5 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte GTX Titan X 12GB - Antec 650w PSU - 1x Crucial M4 SSD 256GB - 1x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB - Antec 1100 - ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27"
Diablo 3: drgonzo86#6698 Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-65FY-3PF7
gtarmanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 10:20 PM   #2300
Azer1234

Theyve removed the estimated date windows, i dont reckon 3.0 will be out before november. I consider myself lucky by not jumping on the bandwagon earlier as I only just got on board. Would have sucked to be an early backer and deal with years of delays lol. Will be sik when it out tho
Azer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 10:28 PM   #2301
josh_676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azer1234 View Post
Theyve removed the estimated date windows, i dont reckon 3.0 will be out before november. I consider myself lucky by not jumping on the bandwagon earlier as I only just got on board. Would have sucked to be an early backer and deal with years of delays lol. Will be sik when it out tho
I bought and forgot about it.
josh_676 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 1:25 AM   #2302
Maneki_Neko

Default That's a bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
I look at it the same way as real life..

When i was born others who were already alive had their houses, cars, boats, bikes etc etc

Should i have just given up and killed myself straight away? Or put in the time to get all those things myself....
Ever heard of the human right to self determination?
At least for the swedes who back up their Euthenasia position based on it; it allows people who were simply dealt a bad hand in life to determine if they want to put up with it (to put it simply and trivially).
The reason why people don't perhaps is more due to the fact that they don't truly get a sense of self or a proper perspective on how the world is till they are out of adolescence. In modern society with life related difficulties increasing we are in fact seeing increased levels of suicide rates.
Perhaps you should of? It's not my call to make and you probably didn't have the scope of mind to even attempt to philosophically ride that gamble of opinion.

To make the assumption of a likeness to a life or death situation in itself is folly because clearly unless you've invested everything you own into the game and thus hinging your future happiness and mental stability on it it's unlikely to be anything more than a damn disappointment at worst.

Last edited by Maneki_Neko; 13th August 2017 at 1:26 AM. Reason: *self not sense
Maneki_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 1:31 PM   #2303
ADV

Quote:
It wasn't all bad. I got a bunch of extra in-game cash and models and other 'things' exclusive to early backers. But they stopped doing that a year or so ago.

Last edited by ADV; 13th August 2017 at 1:33 PM.
ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 1:45 PM   #2304
bassyblue

Quote:
They removed the estimated dates and instead put up the number of bugs required to be fixed before they'll release it since it's now content and feature complete.
bassyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 5:46 PM   #2305
csbalkwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki_Neko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
I look at it the same way as real life..

When i was born others who were already alive had their houses, cars, boats, bikes etc etc

Should i have just given up and killed myself straight away? Or put in the time to get all those things myself....
Ever heard of the human right to self determination?
At least for the swedes who back up their Euthenasia position based on it; it allows people who were simply dealt a bad hand in life to determine if they want to put up with it (to put it simply and trivially).
The reason why people don't perhaps is more due to the fact that they don't truly get a sense of self or a proper perspective on how the world is till they are out of adolescence. In modern society with life related difficulties increasing we are in fact seeing increased levels of suicide rates.
Perhaps you should of? It's not my call to make and you probably didn't have the scope of mind to even attempt to philosophically ride that gamble of opinion.

To make the assumption of a likeness to a life or death situation in itself is folly because clearly unless you've invested everything you own into the game and thus hinging your future happiness and mental stability on it it's unlikely to be anything more than a damn disappointment at worst.
Wow - Trigger Warning! So Basically a month ago Sledge makes a good argument about why starting with a small ship when others have big ships won't be a drama and you are saying maybe he should have killed himself?
You then go on to assume he has invested 'everything he owns' in to the game? If you ARE his accountant and know that he has invested everything he owns it is a pretty unprofessional thing to do to call him out on it on a forum!

Honestly, I don't even know where to start in my thought process to comprehend what was going through your mind when you wrote your post!
csbalkwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 7:37 PM   #2306
Sledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbalkwill View Post
Wow - Trigger Warning! So Basically a month ago Sledge makes a good argument about why starting with a small ship when others have big ships won't be a drama and you are saying maybe he should have killed himself?
You then go on to assume he has invested 'everything he owns' in to the game? If you ARE his accountant and know that he has invested everything he owns it is a pretty unprofessional thing to do to call him out on it on a forum!

Honestly, I don't even know where to start in my thought process to comprehend what was going through your mind when you wrote your post!
Haha yeah i thought WTF..
but couldn't be bothered answering

I'm not offended though.. everyone entitled to their own opinion etc
Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 8:14 PM   #2307
Sphinx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassyblue View Post
They removed the estimated dates and instead put up the number of bugs required to be fixed before they'll release it since it's now content and feature complete.
And this is just the next alpha.... I wonder how bad the bugs could be?
Final release will be forever delayed at this rate..
Sphinx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 10:06 PM   #2308
bassyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
And this is just the next alpha.... I wonder how bad the bugs could be?
Final release will be forever delayed at this rate..
I suppose it depends on what you determine final release to be considering they've repeatedly stated that they'll continue to work on it for however long the money holds out, ie new campaigns, ships, systems, etc.

3.0 is a HUGE patch. Probably the biggest in terms of fundamental tech and systems that we'll ever see. Content-wise it's a little lacking compared to what they said we'd get last gamescom but feature-wise it's a better deal.

Bugs...I can only imagine how bad the bugs could be. The alpha 2.0 release was riddled pretty badly but they were (without giving him credit) having their hand forced a bit by Derek Smart and the rest of the naysayers. This time around, they know they've got even more attention on them and they've spent a fair bit of time on the new user experience on top of the original feature list. I'd say they want it to be rather polished, at least for an alpha, before we get our grubby hands on it.

What's the saying? 99 bugs on the wall...
bassyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 2:36 PM   #2309
Sarsippius

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_676 View Post
I bought and forgot about it.
Pretty much the same here, I just had to log into my account to actually remember the name of the ship I bought, the Aurora (MR+ in April 2014). It was the cheapest pledge to get SC and S42 and rift support was a big factor too which I think had gone by the time I got my DK2

Anyway I think I paid about $45 which I thought was a fair amount to help support the development and get both games once it is eventually released.
Old 14th August 2017, 8:12 PM   #2310
sparz14

Makes me laugh when people complain about extended timelines etc. They really have no idea what it's like to work in software development and how easily things can and will be pushed back. No matter how much time you spend estimating a piece of work, there are so many unknowns. The way of agile - use what information you know at the time and make changes when you have learnt more.

Those that say they expected this years ago need to realise that the scope of the project has grown exponentially. CIG have offered refunds for a long time for those that can't wait any longer.