Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 18th March 2017, 2:19 PM   #3676
cbb1935

There's an easy way to unlock the new weapons.

Play with friends. Let them be dummies, and literally get nailed so you unlock. Then rinse and repeat the other way around.

Whoever thought of that system for unlocking new weapons is an idiot... it should be based on how long you play like everything else.

New maps are too closed in (in my opinion), Frontlines is way too lengthy (I've seen 1hr 30 minute games), and there are glaring oversights (e.g staying in your spawn zone with tanks and slaughtering your enemy).

Then theres really bad depth of field, quite a few glitches (ability to get stuck in scenery), possibly the shittiest new tank in the history of war games, and a completely pointless behemoth that in pre release was made to look way bigger than it is.

All in all I'd say this first release is a complete letdown.

Also seems like they've broken grenades, tripwire bombs, and made the other tanks weapons completely piss weak.

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 18th March 2017, 6:52 PM   #3677
Rubberband

Just played the French op, bloody brilliant.
Old 19th March 2017, 11:24 AM   #3678
emett

I'm such a hypocrite, ended up getting the maps last night. Had a few OK games.
Does anyone else think the grfx of the new maps seem different. Like kind of pixelated?
Old 20th March 2017, 9:01 AM   #3679
VL_BT1

Do ribbons need to be switched on in the settings somewhere? I havent seen any pop up, but theyre meant to be in the game now?
VL_BT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 9:50 AM   #3680
Dilbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL_BT1 View Post
Do ribbons need to be switched on in the settings somewhere? I havent seen any pop up, but theyre meant to be in the game now?
Mine show up, maybe you're just not getting any ribbons?
PC: i5 6500 / ASRock H170M Pro4 / Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 / EVGA GTX1070FE / 1x256gb Samsung 850 M.2 SSD 1x250gb Crucial MX200 SSD 1xSamsung 1tb HDD/ Silverstone TJ08-E / 850w Silverstone Strider+ PSU /
Dilbery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 1:50 PM   #3681
VL_BT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbery View Post
Mine show up, maybe you're just not getting any ribbons?
Yeah its a possibility, but then I see people on youtube getting 10 kills in a round ribbon and Im not seeing that yet have more than 10 kills
VL_BT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 9:04 AM   #3682
mr_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberband View Post
Loved scout in BF4 as I would be a CQC spotter but it's not the same in BF1.
How satisfying is that iron sights shot at 200m eh?
Aggressive scout is one of my fave playstyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb1935 View Post
T
New maps are too closed in (in my opinion), Frontlines is way too lengthy (I've seen 1hr 30 minute games), and there are glaring oversights (e.g staying in your spawn zone with tanks and slaughtering your enemy).

All in all I'd say this first release is a complete letdown.

Also seems like they've broken grenades, tripwire bombs, and made the other tanks weapons completely piss weak.
Woah, now THERE's a match I can get behind!
I love lengthy matches

As for the releae, lel, you were expecting something different?
It's DICE, OFC release is going to be shite
mr_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 4:25 PM   #3683
josh1990

Just got the rib eye left to unlock, got all the rest. 20 headshots with the mp18 is shitting me up the wall

Rig 2 - i3 4170, Asus z87 Gryphon, 16gb DDR3, Evga GTX 960 4gb, 120gb SSD, 1tb HDD, Seasonic 760, Corsair 100r
josh1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 4:42 PM   #3684
SamboSelecta

I feel like a complete noob in this new expansion. Came back after a few months off and admittedly ive only had a few rounds of the new maps but i havent had any luck unlocking the medic guns which is what ive been aiming for first as thats what i typically play.

The auto loading is shite, 5 round clip, i realise again why i never used it before, struggle to take down more than 1 person at a time as the clips so small. The maps ive played are the one with tunnels which only seems to last 20-25 mins and is so congested i end up with more handgun than rifle kills or the map with the forest on fire which my team either gets steamrolled on or you find yourself getting sniped by some dude on a hill.

Early days though i suppose.
SamboSelecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 6:17 PM   #3685
t8y

iirc the autoloading 8.xmm medic gun has one of the quickest time-to-kills upto medium range, up there with the automatico. just that 5 shot limit holds it back big time. fun gun to use, forces you into an (even) less aggressive playstyle than my usual medic style, i tend to play 2nd line or only provide more firepower in a frontline attack (never go alone). that one guy you can engage at a time though - that guy gets wasted, lol. you cover or fall behind a team-mate meatshield, heal up and then melt another face, rinse repeat.
sticking in 2nd line keeps those heals and revives coming too, makes you an all-round more useful team player.

handgun choice very important with that gun for when you get caught out though.
and your dance moves lol

my impressions on the DLC: meh.
the recent changes and the upcoming ammo 2.0: nope nope nope nope

im also going off the game in general already.. waay quicker than bf4 (which was my least played bf game ever) but more longevity than battlefront, for sure..

will be buying rising storm 2 vietnam day one, and battlegrounds.
i still play red orchestra 2 from time to time, that shit came out before bf: bc2 era. i need my FPS to take itself slightly more seriously methinks. some more meat to it, something i can sink hundreds of hours into.

fucking dice man

Last edited by t8y; 22nd March 2017 at 7:01 PM.
t8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 6:49 PM   #3686
aussie-revhead

wow, I havent played in 2 weeks, since then I sold my cpu and there has been the big patch. I dont know if the patch has slowed things up but I find the game much jerkier than it was, either that or my backup gamer is worse than I remembered .... much game lag, missed shots and poor experience all round. Im going to hold off until I get my big rig running again.
Bench 1- Asrock x99m Killer - 5960x - 32gb of Samsung E die DDR4- evga GTX 1080Ti FTW (I wish..) - Intel 600P m.2 512GB - Enermax Revo1250 - water cooled tech bench - QNIX 2560x1440 screen @ 100Hz - Aten 120Hz KVM
Netbox - Dell 990 SFF - 2500 - 16GB ram - gtx750Ti - 240GB SSD - 2TB green
Current vehicles- Black 2007 ZX14 - VE V8 Calais (wifes car) - VN SS (for sale)
aussie-revhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:52 AM   #3687
pittster

Bought this at launch got a bit bored after 100 hours due to repetition, on the fence about getting the DLC is it worth it?

BF1 hasn't had the longevity of BF2 BC2 BF3 & BF4. first game I haven't bought the DLC for straight away
i7 2600K@4.5 1.31V,Noctua NH-D14/Thermalright TY-140's, Asus P8Z68-V Pro, 2x8GB GSKILL F3-2133C11D-16GZL, MSI Gtx1070 Gaming 2100MHz Core 9000MHz Mem, Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, Seagate Barracuda 2Tb & 2x 2Tb Seagate Green Raid 1, CoolerMaster HAF 912/Corsair AF120 & AF140, CoolerMaster 850W Real Power Pro,Audio Technica ATH-AD700,Xonar DX [Logitech 'G' Owners Club Member #110] [MY HAF 912 BUILD]
pittster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:12 AM   #3688
[AOB]TommO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittster View Post
Bought this at launch got a bit bored after 100 hours due to repetition, on the fence about getting the DLC is it worth it?

BF1 hasn't had the longevity of BF2 BC2 BF3 & BF4. first game I haven't bought the DLC for straight away
I'm finding the same - it's so perfect that I want to absolutely keep playing it over and over but I'm just finding myself so bored; when when squading up with friends.
[AOB]TommO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:20 AM   #3689
mr_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8y View Post
solid advice
the recent changes and the upcoming ammo 2.0: nope nope nope nope

will be buying rising storm 2 vietnam day one, and battlegrounds.
i still play red orchestra 2 from time to time,
My Man!
What's your Steam ID?
I Love RO2 but can never find peeps to play it with.
I too am getting Day 1 Vietnam
Also, what is the ammo change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie-revhead View Post
wow, I havent played in 2 weeks, since then I sold my cpu and there has been the big patch. I dont know if the patch has slowed things up but I find the game much jerkier than it was, either that or my backup gamer is worse than I remembered .... much game lag, missed shots and poor experience all round. Im going to hold off until I get my big rig running again.
Sold ur CPU? Wut?
mr_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:38 PM   #3690
joshasaurus

Any deals available for premium at the moment? About to pull the trigger and get it.
joshasaurus is online now   Reply With Quote