Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20th September 2017, 4:46 PM   #91
TaroT Thread Starter
Member
 
TaroT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hazelbrook nsw 2779
Posts: 8,524
Default

stop jumpin ya Mexican
run corona 1.3 bench for me...you with that ram and that clock should be able to nab 1st.

now as i said i the other thread...why did no one tell me to retighten the compression fittings when the tubes heated up...i nearly feinted 3 turns on one of them .

also a bit worried about the threadripper block near the screws i,m not sure if it is seeping...is that common? and if i pull it do i need any compound sealant or will just ultra clean and tighten do? assuming i pull it part that is

once i actually*filled *the reservoir and got the bubbles out the thing is near dead quiet and a lot cooler.

forgot all about my car/bike fixing days and radiators
__________________
AMD Threadripper 1950X@stock:corsair H115i cooler: Asrock Taichi X399Gskilll Flarex 3200 ddr4 @3200 cas14XFX Vega 64 8 gig
TaroT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 5:48 PM   #92
Sgt Bilko
Member
 
Sgt Bilko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canberra(ish) 2581
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroT View Post
stop jumpin ya Mexican
run corona 1.3 bench for me...you with that ram and that clock should be able to nab 1st.

now as i said i the other thread...why did no one tell me to retighten the compression fittings when the tubes heated up...i nearly feinted 3 turns on one of them .

also a bit worried about the threadripper block near the screws i,m not sure if it is seeping...is that common? and if i pull it do i need any compound sealant or will just ultra clean and tighten do? assuming i pull it part that is

once i actually*filled *the reservoir and got the bubbles out the thing is near dead quiet and a lot cooler.

forgot all about my car/bike fixing days and radiators
Done!



I really need a fresh OS install at some point....

As for compression fittings I can't say I've had that happen, I've normally used barbs exclusively in the past.

Which TR block did you go for?
__________________
AMD Community Manager

Comments are my own unless stated otherwise.
Sgt Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 10:19 PM   #93
TaroT Thread Starter
Member
 
TaroT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hazelbrook nsw 2779
Posts: 8,524
Default

wow that's a bit of a high score....weird with the clocks your running.

i just grabbed the cheaper ek block for now till the better ones drop.

i have a handle on it now just waiting for a couple of little bits like angled fittings it will be a bit of a chore jamming the 420 in but it will fit
__________________
AMD Threadripper 1950X@stock:corsair H115i cooler: Asrock Taichi X399Gskilll Flarex 3200 ddr4 @3200 cas14XFX Vega 64 8 gig
TaroT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 10:43 PM   #94
Sgt Bilko
Member
 
Sgt Bilko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canberra(ish) 2581
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroT View Post
wow that's a bit of a high score....weird with the clocks your running.

i just grabbed the cheaper ek block for now till the better ones drop.

i have a handle on it now just waiting for a couple of little bits like angled fittings it will be a bit of a chore jamming the 420 in but it will fit
As I said I really need a fresh OS install.

I'm using the EK block on mine, handling it very well imo
__________________
AMD Community Manager

Comments are my own unless stated otherwise.
Sgt Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #95
TaroT Thread Starter
Member
 
TaroT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hazelbrook nsw 2779
Posts: 8,524
Default

i caved...went mad and ordered more stuff i can't afford
found the adapter i got to fit in the outlet port was too big so ordered a couple of smaller diameter ones i hope fit.
then i got scared the 420 wouldn't be enough so went extra mad and decided i would do 2 loops one for the veg and one for the threadripper.
now i, m staring at my case dremmel in one hand hammer in the other....damn thing will fir dammit...

so wait a bit more for the new 140 rad pump and other things to arrive and get into it.

in other news

bit of a competition going on at oc.net
http://www.kraytracing.com/kray3benchmark2017/

see what you can get and see if you can bump us down a few notches....so far only thing beating the threadrippers is 48 and above core intels.

so line up your intel amd rigs and have at it

by they way it is also a really good overclock test it will murder you if you aren't stable

this is the current leader (well with les than a million cores that is

https://www.kraytracing.com/kraybenc...cid=70&lang=en
__________________
AMD Threadripper 1950X@stock:corsair H115i cooler: Asrock Taichi X399Gskilll Flarex 3200 ddr4 @3200 cas14XFX Vega 64 8 gig
TaroT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #96
Scarecow
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroT View Post
i caved...went mad and ordered more stuff i can't afford
found the adapter i got to fit in the outlet port was too big so ordered a couple of smaller diameter ones i hope fit.
then i got scared the 420 wouldn't be enough so went extra mad and decided i would do 2 loops one for the veg and one for the threadripper.
now i, m staring at my case dremmel in one hand hammer in the other....damn thing will fir dammit...

so wait a bit more for the new 140 rad pump and other things to arrive and get into it.

in other news

bit of a competition going on at oc.net
http://www.kraytracing.com/kray3benchmark2017/

see what you can get and see if you can bump us down a few notches....so far only thing beating the threadrippers is 48 and above core intels.

so line up your intel amd rigs and have at it

by they way it is also a really good overclock test it will murder you if you aren't stable

this is the current leader (well with les than a million cores that is

https://www.kraytracing.com/kraybenc...cid=70&lang=en
Correction, I'm the current leader of a thing that is under 48 cores
https://www.kraytracing.com/kraybenc...cid=72&lang=en

also

Scarecow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 1:15 PM   #97
PureFire
Member
 
PureFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,221
Default

Another good comparison of my current PC for when I plan to upgrade to the 1950X.

https://www.kraytracing.com/kraybenc...cid=75&lang=en

In terms of CPU usage it isnt that aggressive of a render where it bounces from 85% to 100% for each small batch it runs. I have other programs that smash 100% usage and the program appears to not be responding in task manager.
__________________
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 6900K | Asus X99-A II | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX1080 FTW | Samsung 4K JU7500 | Samsung 950 Pro 512MB|
Diablo 3 - puafia#1295
PureFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 9:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.
OCAU is hosted by Micron21!