Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Retro & Arcade

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 24th March 2017, 9:03 AM   #5236
gdjacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutKing View Post
If I was building a new office or home extension I'd get it cabled for sure. Cables > wireless any day of the week.
Wireless repeaters basically halve your wifi bandwidth.

If you read up on some of the technology behind wifi and the problems they needed to solve - its a real miracle that it works at all.
Moving away from CDMA/CA for backhaul helps.
gdjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 24th March 2017, 10:39 AM   #5237
adz Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmofo View Post
Thanks adz I'll keep that in mind - I've suggested that I can do the trench so I'll see what this guy says to that idea. He's mates with the builder doing the rest of the work so want to use him if possible - at least I know these guys get along. Dealing with tradies can be an ordeal
No worries Tell him where he can stick his WiFi booster because at the end of the day, you're the one paying

Victoria - The $afety State
adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 2:51 PM   #5238
FIREWIRE1394

I sorted through more piles of the things I rescused.
Found some more xbox hardware (original and 360) and a couple of game boy advances in a million piece s.

spent an hour putting one GBA together. it turns on, makes the bl-ing sound and shows the logo, but no games to test..

yet another original xbox, this one in one piece, with an AV cable.. still no controllers.
Old Yesterday, 3:38 PM   #5239
cbjaust

Default Old School is Best School

My fleabay GeForce2 Ti turned up today. Going to see if I can give the Socket A/GeForce2/3DMark 2001 SE score a nudge later on in the
Old School is Best School Season 3 Round 4 - 3DMark01 comp on hwbot.

Last edited by cbjaust; Today at 12:03 AM.
cbjaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:39 PM   #5240
power

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWIRE1394 View Post
yet another original xbox, this one in one piece, with an AV cable.. still no controllers.
I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these but don't know if they are worth it - PS2/Xbox just didn't seem to have enough good exclusives.
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #5241
cbjaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjaust View Post
My fleabay GeForce2 Ti turned up today. Going to see if I can give the Socket A/GeForce2/3DMark 2001 SE score a nudge later on in the
Old School is Best School Season 3 Round 4 - 3DMark01 comp on hwbot.

Unfortunately it's a bust. Card was working initially but before I got around to running 3DMark2001SE on it, the card packed up with artifacts and hardlocking the PC on boot.
Old Today, 6:18 AM   #5242
BuuBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjaust View Post
Unfortunately it's a bust. Card was working initially but before I got around to running 3DMark2001SE on it, the card packed up with artifacts and hardlocking the PC on boot.
Damn.

Hopefully someone on here has an eligible Geforce 2 and can help you out?

Shame they didn't pick the Geforce 3, much easier to find.
BuuBox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:21 AM   #5243
cbjaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox View Post
Damn.

Hopefully someone on here has an eligible Geforce 2 and can help you out?

Shame they didn't pick the Geforce 3, much easier to find.
I already asked and there were none forthcoming,I thought old mate Shane41 would've had one somewhere. It pretty much needs to be the Ti or Ultra to have a shot.

In the Cinebench2003 stage they brought out their dual socket boards so that was that for me. I do have a Geode NX coming so I can get a better % overclock for stage 1 so we'll see, but without a good GeForce2 I'm only looking at a good showing in one of the three stages which is not enough.

Other hardware I have is GeForce3 Ti and GeForce4 Ti 4200 64MB so it would have been fine if they chose a slightly newer generation.

Last edited by cbjaust; Today at 8:24 AM.