Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Old 15th September 2017, 6:24 PM   #331
power

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles666 View Post
I think between the campaign, world quests, adventures, strikes and the raid you'd be getting to 40 hours, which is about what I paid GTA V for.
that is good, i keep hearing 20
Old 15th September 2017, 6:25 PM   #332
giles666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed_kid View Post
You’ll hit the 265 soft cap and it becomes harder after that. Only exotics and Luminous engrams will give you higher light
I though legendaries dropped up to 280? I have definitely had them drop at more than 265.
giles666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 11:48 AM   #333
CordlezToaster

anyone else having issues logging in this morning?
I'm constantly getting connection lost to the destiny 2 servers check connection or permissions
CordlezToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 2:41 PM   #334
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordlezToaster View Post
anyone else having issues logging in this morning?
I'm constantly getting connection lost to the destiny 2 servers check connection or permissions
According to their Twitter account they have issues with the authentication servers.
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 1:54 AM   #335
droopz

Caved in and bought it for the PS4 Pro yesterday. After about 6 hours in, i just got flattened with buyer's remorse lol

I was a huge Destiny fan through most of the D1 life cycle, but I just couldn't mesh with it again after having my expectations raised by Warframe so much.

I'm keen to see the new story play out, but I really feel like I'm choring my way through currently.
droopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 12:01 PM   #336
gtarmanrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopz View Post
Caved in and bought it for the PS4 Pro yesterday. After about 6 hours in, i just got flattened with buyer's remorse lol

I was a huge Destiny fan through most of the D1 life cycle, but I just couldn't mesh with it again after having my expectations raised by Warframe so much.

I'm keen to see the new story play out, but I really feel like I'm choring my way through currently.
Haha man after re-discovering Warframe other month, i know what you mean. Gameplay feels SLOOOW in comparison. I still main WF and play d2 when i can. Apparently the raid is really interesting
PC: i7 7700K - Gigabyte Z270MX-G5 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte GTX Titan X 12GB - Antec 650w PSU - 1x Crucial M4 SSD 256GB - 1x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB - Antec 1100 - ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27"
Diablo 3: drgonzo86#6698 Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-65FY-3PF7
gtarmanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 7:41 AM   #337
MrBS

Power level 270 now and its getting harder to move up. Time to finish off world quests than move on to an alt. Will have to do nightfall & raid at some point then I can put this to bed, until I do it all again on PC
MrBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 8:01 AM   #338
giles666

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopz View Post

Find a few people to play with, vastly improves the game. Even the campaign is way more fun co-op.
Old 18th September 2017, 8:03 AM   #339
giles666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBS View Post
Power level 270 now and its getting harder to move up. Time to finish off world quests than move on to an alt. Will have to do nightfall & raid at some point then I can put this to bed, until I do it all again on PC
I found getting to 285 fairly easy. Just play the game. There is a bit of a block at 265 where blues stop dropping higher, but that seems to go away after 270, and I just bridged it with milestones.

Once you hit 280, you can burn glimmer to make legendary mods which give +5 to everything. I'm pretty much stuck now though until the weekly reset.
Old 18th September 2017, 10:01 AM   #340
zed_kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles666 View Post
I though legendaries dropped up to 280? I have definitely had them drop at more than 265.
They do from luminous engrams and the powerful loot rewards from weekly activities. Regular legendries drop up to 265, sometimes they can have a legendary mod in there taking them to 270. All exotics have a legendary mod in them.
zed_kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:18 AM   #341
gtarmanrob

imo the best and most efficient way to level when lower is Public Events. all you need is at least 1 other team mate, make them heroic, heaps of loot. yesterday i went from 204 - 239 very, very easily.

i am getting bored a bit quicker though. it looks great, has great concepts etc but it really does feel like its the same game patched to how we always wanted it, rather than full blown sequel. i just cant shake that atm. will probably still get on PC, i cant fukn stand PvP in Destiny but maybe back with the old m+kb might feel better. my internet is pretty terrible anyway but yeah, hated it since D1 too.
PC: i7 7700K - Gigabyte Z270MX-G5 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte GTX Titan X 12GB - Antec 650w PSU - 1x Crucial M4 SSD 256GB - 1x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB - Antec 1100 - ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27"
Diablo 3: drgonzo86#6698 Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-65FY-3PF7
gtarmanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:00 AM   #342
giles666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
imo the best and most efficient way to level when lower is Public Events. all you need is at least 1 other team mate, make them heroic, heaps of loot. yesterday i went from 204 - 239 very, very easily.

i am getting bored a bit quicker though. it looks great, has great concepts etc but it really does feel like its the same game patched to how we always wanted it, rather than full blown sequel. i just cant shake that atm. will probably still get on PC, i cant fukn stand PvP in Destiny but maybe back with the old m+kb might feel better. my internet is pretty terrible anyway but yeah, hated it since D1 too.
I'm loving the current crucible. Is more balanced and tactical than the old whack a mole, one shot kill crucible from D1. Consistently having fun games, with most ending up pretty close.

Slowing it down while keeping moment speeds high means people can get in and out of engagements easily, which makes outplaying your opponent more of a factor.
Old Today, 9:42 AM   #343
MrBS

At 273 power level at the moment. In an effort to get some powerful gear from the current weekly bonuses I finally played some crucible. It's okay. Playing it through with the sound off watching Netflix on a second screen made it fun I will have to start on an alt once I get the weekly bonus for crucible.
MrBS is offline   Reply With Quote