Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Old 31st December 2016, 3:37 PM   #121
toje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foliage View Post
I never understood why people try for 100% completion if it isn't fun.
Its just a thing for some people, they really enjoy it.
Ryzen 1700X (Stock), G.SKill 32GB RAM 3200Mhz (2400Mhz, 15-15-15-38), 8GB GTX 1080, ASROCK Fat1lity Gaming K4 X370, 500GB and 1TB Rust Drives, Logitech G15 Woop Woop, 15 year old BenQ 24" LCD, HTC Vive.
Holden Jackaroo, 3.2L V6, 2" Ironman Lift, 32" MTZ, Front AutoLokka, Rear ARB Air Locker, Commodore Injectors, 85L Tank, TJM Alloy Roo Bar. Go Anywhere just not quickly.

Last edited by toje; 31st December 2016 at 4:06 PM.
toje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2016, 3:45 PM   #122
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foliage View Post
I never understood why people try for 100% completion if it isn't fun.
clearly you're not a completionist.
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 9:58 AM   #123
power

Finally got around to finishing this on the weekend and well, my impressions - this is a truly under rated game. Firstly the city, it is every bit as good as R*'s Los Santos, although in many ways it is actually a lot better - they are both great. The story itself is actually not bad at all and visually this game is brilliant - there are things that WD2 does that GTA just didn't. I remember being wowed by GTA5 but WD2 just kicked it up a notch from there. Graphics are actually WD2's best feature.

There was even room for improvement as I would love to run 4K on this but had to settle for 1440P to get a nice framerate - but still at 1440P it looked a lot better than many other games I've been playing lately.

A very solid port too, I played this almost solidly for 2 days and had no crashes at all, to anyone wondering if this is worth picking up - I'd say if you liked any of the GTA games or the first WD this is a no brainer. Just get it.

The only letdown was the really average radio stations and the audio in general wasn't 100% great. The same could be said of the first game actually but in the overall scheme of things that's not a deal breaker but it's a bit disappointing.

I played on an XB1 controller and found everything to control quite well although the in car for using the radio was pretty rubbish. (hold left stick and use right stick!?). I assume this had something to do with using your haxoring while driving but it's worth mentioning.

I had a lot of fun playing and I do hope that they make another one. I did find I was able to game the game on a few occasions but that's ok, it's a sandbox to play with as you see fit.

I'd give it an 8/10 and for reference I'd give GTA5 a 9/10, about as close as you'd get to GTA without being GTA. That's not to say it's a poor mans GTA, it's just a bit different in some ways and not always for the better but in other ways it is better - but overall not quite as good. That's probably the best summation I can give.

Almost forgot, multi - got invaded by noobs a few times and they were just annoying, same as the first game very easy to find and kill invaders.

Last edited by power; 6th March 2017 at 10:03 AM.
power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 12:07 PM   #124
Azrael

This has finally come to the top of my backlog to play, but having issues with it crashing on load. There seemed to be an nVidia bug a while back in the 384.xx driver releases, and an associated hotfix for those drivers. Im running latest (385.41) and still getting the issue.

Anyone have a fix, or will it have to be dumped back into the queue?
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 3:03 PM   #125
NismoR31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
This has finally come to the top of my backlog to play, but having issues with it crashing on load. There seemed to be an nVidia bug a while back in the 384.xx driver releases, and an associated hotfix for those drivers. Im running latest (385.41) and still getting the issue.

Anyone have a fix, or will it have to be dumped back into the queue?
tried this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/44704...80934293171000
NismoR31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 5:54 PM   #126
Azrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoR31 View Post
Yeah, I had. No dice.

Fixed it though, turned out to be an issue with Uplay, as detailed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/uplay/comme...l_of_a_sudden/

Had corrupted some dlls by launching an update routine from within Steam when it was still running natively :S
Old 18th September 2017, 9:41 PM   #127
Azrael

Does this sound familiar to anyone: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-wu-tang-album