OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors
|20th July 2012, 8:27 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2003
All sorts of pics from a recent trip. All for C&C
1. This was the view of one of our camp sites. Simple. The white gums against the red rocks of the hills behind ...
DSC_0728 copy by kcpics73, on Flickr
2. Dingo ... they get pretty close to camp.
DSC_0896 copy by kcpics73, on Flickr
3. Pool of water in front of camp. Some earlier shots (from the WB thread) featured the trees on the left.
DSC_0910 copy by kcpics73, on Flickr
4. This shot has kind of a "japanese" feel to it. Similar look to the next shot, orange is the major colour in this pic. The colours looked much brighter before uploading to flickr ... ?
DSC_0914 copy by kcpics73, on Flickr
5. Wider view of the shot above. Red, purples and blues dominate rather than the orange. I'm not sure which shot i like best. The trees reflections were the big attraction for me.
DSC_0941 copy by kcpics73, on Flickr
6. One of my favourite shots ... simpson desert flower ... red sand in the back ground ... i remember using my 35mm/f1.8 lens for this shot. I always tend to go to extremes (ie only using the 10mm end of my sigma 10-20mm), i took a number of shots of this flower only using the 1.8 end of the lens. In hindsight, i think f8.0 and having more of the flower in focus would have been better ... kicking myself now.
Flower by kcpics73, on Flickr
7. This little hawk swooped me at 6:45 in the morning, before sun up. It landed on the tree stump not far away. I continued to take pics and get closer to the hawk. I took a shot, moved closer, took another shot, turned ISO up because the sun still hadnt risen. Eventually i got really close. He wasnt worried about me at all. I remember his big green eyes looking at me, but they dont show up as much in this shot.
Hawk by kcpics73, on Flickr
|Join OCAU to remove this ad!|
|21st July 2012, 1:22 PM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2004
1. Red rock would have been nice to see in shot
2. Dingo needs to be in focus, the bench and tree are very distracting, perhaps a dropping to the dingoís level might have bought him into frame better
3. Chopped off trees donít work, this shot is screaming for portrait or more wide
4. Love it
5. Something is askew?
6. Love it but could do a bit more crop
7. Good shot but slightly plain and underexposed.. horizon is also bent
V8 engine with a fuel injection 283 that's my ounce of perfection
Take that rod out when it's very late, haven't gotten round to gettin' license plates
Sign up for a free OCAU account and this ad will go away!