Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Other Toys/Hobbies

Notices

Old 29th January 2008, 10:25 AM   #46
Greenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeLuKi View Post
You don't like aussie swords or are you after something in particular?
Going over in July to a couple of really big Viking events in Denmark (Trelleborg and Mosegaard). I'm hoping to get something really special made by one of the European members of our group There's a guy in Ballarat who's work I love, but his waiting list is getting pretty long (>18mths now I think), so I might just get a nice one while I'm there.

I'm also going to be buying all sort of late 10thC viking jewellry and gear.. beads and belt fittings, as well as a more appropriate seax (I recently joined a 950-1050 eastern viking group, having moved from 11thC Norman). That'll mean I'll be coming back with probably 1-2 swords (might be getting one for the mrs), at leaat one sharp knife or dagger (the seax), a bunch of other stuff, likely to include wood, fur, horn... If you add that I'll be camping most of the time (so will have been around livestock), I'll have to tick a lot of boxes on the customs form

Hoping to afford some stuff from this guy
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 10:35 AM   #47
iNeLuKi
(Banned or Deleted)

Yeah didn't realise Craig had such a huge backlog.

Would love to go to something like that. Being able to wear a gambison without overheating would be a nice change. You may have to pay to get fur and horns fumigated worth checking up on beforehand.
iNeLuKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 10:43 AM   #48
Greenman

Quote:
Yeah didn't realise Craig had such a huge backlog.
Yeah, last I heard it was getting that way.. I have a nice pattern-welded norman/saxon seax he did, but I know it took quite a while before that was done (was a present from my fiance).

Quote:
Would love to go to something like that. Being able to wear a gambison without overheating would be a nice change. You may have to pay to get fur and horns fumigated worth checking up on beforehand.
Apparently with the horns, if it's all worked and finished (which these would be) it's ok. I think they may zap the fur (irradiate, like a big microwave I guess?), and I don't think that costs anything.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 11:03 AM   #49
Lardman

I take it that Laser pointers will soon make it in here...
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:54 PM   #50
mike-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardman View Post
I take it that Laser pointers will soon make it in here...
Looks like it
link 1
link 2
link 3

Last edited by mike-s; 22nd April 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: tidying urls
mike-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 7:18 PM   #51
ywn

i know this is a old thread but has any one got any new info on having samuari swords legal in nsw

i have a set of 3 sword that are mounted up on the wall ( and then tied to the mounting bracket so they cant be removed easily also they are not sharpened ) but i want to know what the legal status in nsw is regarding them
ywn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 5:41 AM   #52
apsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywn View Post
i know this is a old thread but has any one got any new info on having samuari swords legal in nsw

i have a set of 3 sword that are mounted up on the wall ( and then tied to the mounting bracket so they cant be removed easily also they are not sharpened ) but i want to know what the legal status in nsw is regarding them
There is no issue. Legal to own but like all blades you can't carry them in public without a good reason, not that you'd want to carry wall hangers around anyway.
apsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 6:51 PM   #53
c0de

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemicalx View Post
why on earth can't we wear bullet proof vests and stuff
Because you are a mere subject, protection is only reserved for your lords and masters.
c0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 9:20 PM   #54
sgtraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de View Post
Because you are a mere subject, protection is only reserved for your lords and masters.
because you need to be a level 52
fap intensely over your uber manliness
sgtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 5:20 PM   #55
ChaosMaster

I'm looking for some advice for VIC. I'm looking at grabbing some ColdSteel knives and Machete's. I dont' know much about Knives and such, but I do believe Katana's are banned in victoria (god damn it). Was wonder if such bans applied on the other stuff. Also, any advice on these would be appreciated, as I don't know much about then, just heard that they were the good stuff. Got a lot of plants in the backyard that my parents like to go at once a year to deal with the overgrowth, and stuff I grab from Bunnings blunt way too easily (especially on the sugarcane).
1. Lian LI A71FB | Asus P6X58D Premium | i7-930 @ 3.99 1.2v | Corsair H50 | Corsair XMS 3x2GB DDR3 1800 C8 1.66v | Gigabyte GTX570 | OCZ V2 120GB + 5x 1TB WD Black+ 2x 7K3000 + 1.5TB + 750GB| QFAN 750w | Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe | Sennheiser HD555 | G9 + Topre RealForce + G35 |
Check out my FLICKR FB Page
ChaosMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 9:32 AM   #56
Airquarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
I'm looking
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....84.m1423.l2649
Old 18th July 2012, 3:19 PM   #57
limecore

Quote:
(4) An Urban Skinner push dagger or any other device that consists of a single-edged or multi-edged blade or spike that has a handle fitted transversely to the blade or spike and allows the blade or spike to be supported by the palm of the hand so that stabbing blows or slashes can be inflicted by a punching or pushing action
Wait a second. The tiny blade next to the corkscrew (I believe it is a can opener) on a swiss army knife can be used in this way. I don't think they are illegal

Click to view full size!

Edit - a little off subject I guess
Old 18th July 2012, 5:59 PM   #58
apsilon

Well you'd be in trouble if you were found using one that way that's for sure. You'd also have to have tiny hands. If I hold one of mine that way I have less than 5mm of the awl sticking out between my fingers and most of the blade is against my skin so doesn't seem like a good idea at all.
apsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 10:25 PM   #59
kd22
(Banned or Deleted)

Default help with ka bar mule

[ HyRax1 edit: Aside from the fact that this is not a what/where to buy thread, prohibited weapons cannot be advertised for on OCAU. If you pursue the matter, you will receive a ban. I also suggest you have a good read of the forum rules that I remind you that you agreed to abide by when you joined OCAU. ]

Last edited by HyRax1; 26th December 2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Breach of forum rules.
kd22 is offline   Reply With Quote