Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old Yesterday, 8:26 AM   #3556
Aussiejuggalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nCrypt View Post
the cm hyper led seems to do a decent job. got that on my 7350K system now, handles 4.8Ghz.

also used it on my 1800x whilst my loop was down waiting a waterblock for the 1080 Ti.
Yeah I know the CM does a good job, just bugs me that it has red LED's on the fans and the red top plate thing (which on mine I cant remove, damn things fused to the cooling fins).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroT View Post
its only really a problem with longevity and the vrms in my opinion if you keeps the volts down i can't see it being an issue long term.
think about the price 400 for the chip use a stock cooler give it say 3.5 with no extra juice and cheapish ram maybe some of the ryzen certified stuff and you have a very nice very cheap machine.
Yeah I have a feeling that board will burn out pretty quickly unless it has a chunky heatsink on it also the chipset heatsink probably isn't going to cut it either.

Think that board will go perfect with a 6 core, 16GB RAM, cheap SSD for Windows and a HDD for everything else .

Soon... AMD 1800X / MSI B350M Mortar Arctic (temp) / G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz C14 / Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (Vega later) / Samsung 960 Evo 250GB / Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA G2 850w / Caselabs SM5 / Dell U2414H x2 & Asus VG248QE
Aussiejuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #3557
Digit

I got everything on Monday, and put it all together last night. I've done a fresh install of Win10, when I tried booting to the old install it just said boot disk inaccessible. I can boot up fine and everything, but the system just seems to hang randomly with no apparent cause. Still running the f2 bios Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 7. Corsair lpx 2666 ram running at 2133. AMD 1700.

Anyone come across this before?
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #3558
OJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
I got everything on Monday, and put it all together last night. I've done a fresh install of Win10, when I tried booting to the old install it just said boot disk inaccessible. I can boot up fine and everything, but the system just seems to hang randomly with no apparent cause. Still running the f2 bios Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 7. Corsair lpx 2666 ram running at 2133. AMD 1700.

Is it doing this on the fresh install or the old one?
OJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:29 PM   #3559
Digit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJR View Post
Is it doing this on the fresh install or the old one?
Fresh install
Old Yesterday, 3:38 PM   #3560
OJR

Quote:
Fresh install
Grab F3b, and see if it still does it:

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Motherboa...-10#support-dl
OJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:38 PM   #3561
Bertross

Quote:

I'm a little confused, you have installed a fresh copy of windows on a new hard drive.

Then you tried to boot onto an older install (previous build?). I'm assuming this is different Hard Drive connected to the Motherboard after your fresh install.

After this stage your system is hanging randomly in the OS or prior during boot up?

ASUS R7 240 2GB |RYZEN 1700+H100I | ASUS ROG BIG HERO 6+SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 | 32GB TRIDENT Z RGB 3000 | PHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV TEMPERED |
EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 | CINTIQ 24HD+U2711 | SWAN M200MKIII+DT770 PRO+D1 DAC

Last edited by Bertross; Yesterday at 3:41 PM.
Bertross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:00 PM   #3562
Digit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertross View Post
I'm a little confused, you have installed a fresh copy of windows on a new hard drive.

Then you tried to boot onto an older install (previous build?). I'm assuming this is different Hard Drive connected to the Motherboard after your fresh install.

After this stage your system is hanging randomly in the OS or prior during boot up?
I see why you're confused, even with English as my only language, I'm still shit at it haha.

So I got the hardware in, tried to boot to my old drive (Sammy SSD), no dice. I then put a fresh install on and got it to work (couldn't repair the old install or anything, it just errored saying hdd inaccessible). Now the fresh install is on, (same drive), it hangs randomly, though potentially when using the internet.

@OJR yep will be trying the new bios very soon. Couldn't get it to flash late last night but will give it a crack today (q-flash couldn't see it saved to my USB and I couldn't navigate to it). Not game to do it through windows while it hangs.
Old Yesterday, 4:26 PM   #3563
M4g3X0r

Quote:

Are you booting from the bootloader or the actual disk? You need to boot from the bootloader on the disk.

I was able to migrate from the i7-2700K system straight to Ryzen on Windows 10 using the same system disk (didn't have to re-install, which was fantastic!)
Old Yesterday, 6:47 PM   #3564
TaroT

temps
volts
psu

few more details
what model is the ssd do you have other drives attached
unplug them
what slots is the ram in
the re are so many thing that can cause lockups the most common is power issues like are all the connectors in and plugged in firmly 12v atx etc etc.

other thing is heat what temp in the bios.
is it possible you did not check to make sure the cpu was firmly in the socket(there have been reports of the cpu not going in all the way without a little love)
Old Yesterday, 8:57 PM   #3565
Aussiejuggalo

Well I put it off for a few days but I'm ready to rebuild tomorrow, drained my loop just before and left a few plugs out so hopefully some more will either drain out of evaporate (my rooms always hot).

Going to be interesting to see how Ryzen really goes .

Soon... AMD 1800X / MSI B350M Mortar Arctic (temp) / G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz C14 / Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (Vega later) / Samsung 960 Evo 250GB / Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA G2 850w / Caselabs SM5 / Dell U2414H x2 & Asus VG248QE
Aussiejuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:20 PM   #3566
Digit

So after all that, I just changed which LAN port I was plugged into and so far it seems pretty good... Haven't had heaps of time to load it up and test it yet but, better than before for sure.

Fingers crossed that doesn't mean RMA to get the intel LAN port playing...
Old Today, 4:59 AM   #3567
TaroT

check the drivers for the lan mine was pretty flaky as well(not explode computer ermergerd world ending) but pretty annoying.