Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Old 14th October 2017, 1:30 PM   #661
FerrisXB9R

yeah ping me in game, I won't surface for a while, busy fishing.

grimdraken is me if you want a clan invite.
Old 14th October 2017, 6:21 PM   #662
droopz

Took ages but finally got a perfect 40kg.

droopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 8:14 PM   #663
dcyloo

So today I did my sorties and this was the first time I got one of these!

Haven't tried to go to the plains yet. I'll give it some time later.

Not sure about it but there seems to have been some things done recently in the game - I'm no longer getting a constant 100fps. Not sure what is goingon there...

I find it more and more difficult to purchase electronic consumer goods that are produced outside of China. All because of Kogan. They are the company who started all of this. Thank goodness for apple. I may get charged a fortune, but at least I know the goods are being made by happy, well paid workers.
I am disappointed in my life
dcyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 9:34 PM   #664
droopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyloo View Post

Not sure about it but there seems to have been some things done recently in the game - I'm no longer getting a constant 100fps. Not sure what is goingon there...
Where were you playing? I understand that the new earth tileset update took a swipe and many peoples FPS numbers.
Old 14th October 2017, 10:47 PM   #665
dcyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopz View Post
Where were you playing? I understand that the new earth tileset update took a swipe and many peoples FPS numbers.
The Plains area dipped me down to the 30fps range. I had a few other smaller tilesets which has been dipping my FPS.

I think I'll have to make that order for the i5-8400 earlier. It'll probably speed up things for me. There's at least a 40% increase in power to my i7-2600 currently. Probably mates up better to the GTX980 too.
I find it more and more difficult to purchase electronic consumer goods that are produced outside of China. All because of Kogan. They are the company who started all of this. Thank goodness for apple. I may get charged a fortune, but at least I know the goods are being made by happy, well paid workers.
Old 15th October 2017, 2:45 AM   #666
droopz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyloo View Post
The Plains area dipped me down to the 30fps range. I had a few other smaller tilesets which has been dipping my FPS.

I think I'll have to make that order for the i5-8400 earlier. It'll probably speed up things for me. There's at least a 40% increase in power to my i7-2600 currently. Probably mates up better to the GTX980 too.
I recently replaced my i7-2600. It's held it's own for a long time, but I noticed it was showing its age as well. I went the Ryzen 1500x route and have been thrilled with its performance.
Old 16th October 2017, 12:37 PM   #667
dcyloo

My computer gave up the magic smoke yesterday afternoon.

Right after I completed Sortie 1, the kids dragged me away for a couple of minutes. I came back and it was sitting in crash state showing there was a shut down due to power surge detected.

Couldn't boot the thing back up. Motherboard fubar.

Waiting now on stock for the i5-8400 to come in before I can resurrect the computer. Hopefully the single core that can ramp up to 4GHz will give it a better go on the computer.

I read somewhere someone managed to get the single core performance up to 5GHz as well. I have no idea how it's done but I guess I'll give it a go when I get it to see.

Arguably it'll be a decent upgrade. Games functioning on the single core will use the fast core for processing leaving me 5 cores for the multi tasking side of things.

Only bummer so far is the stock is low for the new CPUs. I've been told an ETA of 31st October for stock arrival.
Old 16th October 2017, 7:36 PM   #668
droopz

In the plains, with everything maxed during a fight in a camp for example, i'm sitting around 150-190fps. Only thing I have off is Motion Blur. (Yes I even like the colour correction setting :P )

Ryzen 5 1500x and a 1080 with everything on a SSD.
Old 17th October 2017, 2:37 AM   #669
FerrisXB9R

Well, we now have the Eidolon on farm in Killers Network. This is a screenshot during a recording for the test build for Chroma and the Opticor which I used to help successfully take down the Eidolon with the rest of the guys.

Yeah, that's 1.7 million dmg.

Last edited by FerrisXB9R; 17th October 2017 at 3:01 AM.
FerrisXB9R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 9:38 AM   #670
dcyloo

Take the shot!

Don't miss!!!