OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 25th March 2015, 12:52 PM   #751
|jay|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerolo View Post
Are you sure ? I know JB Hifi are quite happy to take your money for 'coming soon' titles
It use to be the case, that's what use to happen with games like duablo 2 and 3, it didn't matter how inaccurate it was, as long as it had a date listed. Surely jb have to have some type of dates listed.

Edit had a look online and they do have dates listed, even uncharted pre order says available end of 2016

Last edited by |jay|; 25th March 2015 at 12:55 PM.
|jay| is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 25th March 2015, 1:00 PM   #752
Yerolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by |jay| View Post
Edit had a look online and they do have dates listed, even uncharted pre order says available end of 2016
'end of 2016' isnt really a date though .... and re GTAV it firstly had a release date of Nov 16th, again Jan 27th and then Mar 24th. Im sure Aus retailers were happy to take your money the entire time

Happy to be proven wrong on the illegality of it, if it is now illegal...it would have to be pretty recent.
Yerolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2015, 1:03 PM   #753
|jay|

Quote:
'end of 2016' isnt really a date though .... and re GTAV it firstly had a release date of Nov 16th, again Jan 27th and then Mar 24th. Im sure Aus retailers were happy to take your money the entire time

Happy to be proven wrong on the illegality of it, if it is now illegal...it would have to be pretty recent.
It did have an exact date I just can't remember it. GTA 5 has had a date, even if it is delayed. Exact thing happened with diablo 2 and 3. If you look at the jb site every ore order has an exact date listed, even if they could be wrong or changed at a later date.
Old 25th March 2015, 1:08 PM   #754
Yerolo

Quote:
It did have an exact date I just can't remember it. GTA 5 has had a date, even if it is delayed. Exact thing happened with diablo 2 and 3. If you look at the jb site every ore order has an exact date listed, even if they could be wrong or changed at a later date.
Who is setting those dates though ? Unless the publisher officially states a release date, any retailer can smack a date next to a game.

Taking pre-order money against estimated release dates is the same as taking money for a game 'coming soon'
Old 25th March 2015, 3:19 PM   #755
|jay|

Quote:
Who is setting those dates though ? Unless the publisher officially states a release date, any retailer can smack a date next to a game.

Taking pre-order money against estimated release dates is the same as taking money for a game 'coming soon'
I understand your point. I guess the retailer puts any date, as I said it doesn't need to be accurate, it doesn't need to be supplied from the publisher. They just need a date listed
Old 25th March 2015, 3:35 PM   #756
gregpolk

Quote:
JB often just put December 31st in the year they expect it to be launched.

Quote:
Id like to add I know in Australia its actually illegal to take pre-orders without a release date.
I don't see why it would be or should be. It's stupid to preorder a game before it actually has a proper release date, but just because its stupid doesn't mean we should pass pointless laws to protect people from their stupidity. You can order plenty of products without a firm shipping date, including video games, cars, electronic devices.

Didn't EB have preorders up for the Nintendo NX? That thing isn't even announced, named, dated or revealed in any way. We just know a code name.

Last edited by gregpolk; 25th March 2015 at 3:38 PM.
gregpolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 11:52 AM   #757
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

14th GTAV gift done
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 2:45 PM   #758
KUNGFU_RABBI

I don't want to take away night_stalkers thunder however Humble Bundle have the game for $60US - after conversion it's ~$79. Form my understanding it's a Steam copy - that's the next best thing...
Old 26th March 2015, 2:55 PM   #759
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUNGFU_RABBI View Post
I don't want to take away night_stalkers thunder however Humble Bundle have the game for $60US - after conversion it's ~$79. Form my understanding it's a Steam copy - that's the next best thing...
only $4 more! though the exchange rate will be lower when you're charged so it's going to be a bit more than $79 AUD.
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 3:15 PM   #760
KUNGFU_RABBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni9ht_5ta1k3r View Post
only $4 more! though the exchange rate will be lower when you're charged so it's going to be a bit more than $79 AUD.
Good Point! I'm not sure what cut Paypal takes out.
Old 26th March 2015, 3:46 PM   #761
NismoR31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUNGFU_RABBI View Post
it's not a steam copy. It's via RGSC
Quote:
Grand Theft Auto V is provided via a Rockstar Games Social Club key. For key redemption, a free Rockstar Games Social Club account is required to play.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/gtav_storefront

Cheaper to get it via gmg with a discount code. I got a unique 27% code from them recently which dropped it to about US$54. I'd like it in my steam library but it's not a deal breaker
NismoR31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 6:56 PM   #762
cyia

Hey,

I'm thinking of saving some cash (as I'm blowing way too much cash on a PC to run this beast of a game).

I've found it on Nuuvem for ~$35 AUD. I presume that's just the key- then I download it from Social Club?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/208...d-theft-auto-v

Can that be trusted? Could I run into any issues with regional restrictions?
cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 6:58 PM   #763
yorky

The issue is the game can't be downloaded from the Social Club, its a register of cd keys and your account, not a content delivery system.

That is why people getting Rockstar keys only are up crap creek without physical media, or a steam key.

Last edited by yorky; 5th May 2015 at 11:49 AM.
yorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 7:05 PM   #764
Yerolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorky View Post
The issue is the game can't be downloaded from the Social Club, its a register of cd keys and your account, not a content delivery system.

That is why people getting Rockstar keys only are up crap creek without physical media, or a steam key.
The Rockstar Warehouse is their content delivery system...where I assume the client will be available for download using a RGSC key
Old 26th March 2015, 8:34 PM   #765
Foliage

Getting it gifted from night stalker is by far the best option, fast, Cheap and it is a steam version with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks again!