Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games

Notices


Sign up for a free OCAU account and this ad will go away!
Search our forums with Google:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 8th November 2016, 5:17 PM   #61
ni9ht_5ta1k3r
Member
 
ni9ht_5ta1k3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney: it sucks!
Posts: 29,841
Default

I haven't seen much of this game but really enjoyed the first 3 games.
__________________
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 8th November 2016, 5:21 PM   #62
2SHY
Member
 
2SHY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney NSW AU
Posts: 6,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
EA pre-order cancer raises it's ugly head:
https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/sto...deluxe-edition

- Exclusive armour skins..
- XP Boosters (wtf?)
- Exclusive casual outfits..
- Exclusive Weapon sets (?)
- Space monkey pets?
- Weekly co-op play weapons, equipment and other boost packs to your progress.. (!??)

Since it's mostly cosmetic items, It won't hurt game play. Can see it being DLC behind a cash store.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis View Post
People are idiots.
Steam ID: 2SHY_N8 / Origin: N8HIAN/Rockstar Social Club: 2shy_n8
OCAU Trades
Computer Sepcifications
2SHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 5:22 PM   #63
Sphinx2000
Member
 
Sphinx2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SHY View Post
Since it's mostly cosmetic items, It won't hurt game play. Can see it being DLC behind a cash store.
I wonder if these "booster packs" will be micro-trans...
Sphinx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 6:58 AM   #64
MrBS
Member
 
MrBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,474
Default

Booster packs will be for the coop multiplayer mode. I'm looking forward to going back to that. I had a lot of fun with the multi last time.
MrBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 8:22 AM   #65
samos
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
there'll be references - with lore this deep there'll have to be.

but they'll do it in such a way that it's not integral.

but honestly you've got ages to play them, why not just buy 'em?
I'm too far gone dude. My brother played them and it's a big investment in time I am not sure I will be able to commit to. One of my mates said you could read/YouTube the story for the first and start from the second if necessary. I actually did start playing it and got distracted with life. Looked awesome.
samos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 10:18 AM   #66
power
Member
 
power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: brisbane
Posts: 49,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
I'm too far gone dude. My brother played them and it's a big investment in time I am not sure I will be able to commit to. One of my mates said you could read/YouTube the story for the first and start from the second if necessary. I actually did start playing it and got distracted with life. Looked awesome.
shame, I can't think of a trilogy I've ever been more invested in that's no word of a lie. Absolutely brilliant series and I've give anything to experience them again for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
EA pre-order cancer raises it's ugly head:
https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/sto...deluxe-edition

- Exclusive armour skins..
- XP Boosters (wtf?)
- Exclusive casual outfits..
- Exclusive Weapon sets (?)
- Space monkey pets?
- Weekly co-op play weapons, equipment and other boost packs to your progress.. (!??)

What a load of just junk, I wish they would take CDPR's lead and make an expansion pass. But all that shit just ensures all I buy is a standard version.
__________________
this is who we are.
power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 10:50 AM   #67
kreegor
Member
 
kreegor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
shame, I can't think of a trilogy I've ever been more invested in that's no word of a lie. Absolutely brilliant series and I've give anything to experience them again for the first time.
I love Mass Effect. The first time you go to the Citadel is just... wow! I know the graphics weren't great but the sense of scale was incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
What a load of just junk, I wish they would take CDPR's lead and make an expansion pass. But all that shit just ensures all I buy is a standard version.
CDPR gave away 16 (I think) pieces of free DLC for Witcher 3 that were a mix cosmetic items and extra quests. LOL @ EA for charging for that crap.
kreegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 12:58 PM   #68
Calindor
Member
 
Calindor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: brisbane.qld.au
Posts: 4,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
I haven't played the others damnit. is this independent or a follow on from the others?
Agree with Power, there'll definitely be references.

There's a "sign up for the Andromeda Initiative" on the Mass Effect website, and when you complete all 6 steps, you get a funky helmet. Looks like a marketing schtick to hype up interest.

Anyway, on that site, they give a timeline for the ME universe.
  1. 1969 - Moon Landing with Apollo 11
  2. 1997 - Sojourner rover explores Mars for the first time
  3. 2015 - SpaceX successfully lands Falcon9
  4. 2069 - First human settlement established on Luna
  5. 2103 - ESA founds Lowell City on Mars
  6. 2148 - Prothean cache found on Mars, Mass Effect Fields science discovered.
  7. 2149 - Charon Mass Relay discovered orbiting Pluto. John Grissom leads first mission through the relay.
  8. 2152 - First extrasolar colony established on Demeter. Terra Nova and Eden Prime follow soon after.
  9. 2157 - First Contact War with Turians.
  10. 2165 - Human embassy established on the Citadel.
  11. 2185 - Andromeda Initiative - 600 year journey to the Andromeda Galaxy.

According to the ME Wikia, Alenko and Williams enlist with the Alliance military around 2173/74. The Skyllian Blitz by the Batarians on Elysium was 2176.

Mass Effect 1 kicks off on Eden Prime with Saren Arterius, Commander Shepard and Corporal Jenkins in 2183. ME2 was 2184-85, with the expansion Lair of the Shadow Broker (one of the best imo) in happening in late 2185.

Andromeda Initiative sets off in late 2185, before the events of ME3 kick off in 2186.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

I may or may not love Mass Effect. A lot.
__________________
I am not young enough to know everything. J. M. Barrie.
PSN: CasualJan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odourless View Post
Don't worry Jim, next season we will make it a Premier League Discussion Thread so you won't see it.
Calindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 7:21 PM   #69
samos
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
shame, I can't think of a trilogy I've ever been more invested in that's no word of a lie. Absolutely brilliant series and I've give anything to experience them again for the first time.



What a load of just junk, I wish they would take CDPR's lead and make an expansion pass. But all that shit just ensures all I buy is a standard version.
Hmmm damn man. OK how long does each game take roughly if you just want to play the main story?
samos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 7:43 PM   #70
power
Member
 
power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: brisbane
Posts: 49,147
Default

Rushed? Maybe 20 to 25 each?
__________________
this is who we are.
power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 8:14 PM   #71
ni9ht_5ta1k3r
Member
 
ni9ht_5ta1k3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney: it sucks!
Posts: 29,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calindor View Post
Agree with Power, there'll definitely be references.

There's a "sign up for the Andromeda Initiative" on the Mass Effect website, and when you complete all 6 steps, you get a funky helmet. Looks like a marketing schtick to hype up interest.

Anyway, on that site, they give a timeline for the ME universe.
  1. 1969 - Moon Landing with Apollo 11
  2. 1997 - Sojourner rover explores Mars for the first time
  3. 2015 - SpaceX successfully lands Falcon9
  4. 2069 - First human settlement established on Luna
  5. 2103 - ESA founds Lowell City on Mars
  6. 2148 - Prothean cache found on Mars, Mass Effect Fields science discovered.
  7. 2149 - Charon Mass Relay discovered orbiting Pluto. John Grissom leads first mission through the relay.
  8. 2152 - First extrasolar colony established on Demeter. Terra Nova and Eden Prime follow soon after.
  9. 2157 - First Contact War with Turians.
  10. 2165 - Human embassy established on the Citadel.
  11. 2185 - Andromeda Initiative - 600 year journey to the Andromeda Galaxy.

According to the ME Wikia, Alenko and Williams enlist with the Alliance military around 2173/74. The Skyllian Blitz by the Batarians on Elysium was 2176.

Mass Effect 1 kicks off on Eden Prime with Saren Arterius, Commander Shepard and Corporal Jenkins in 2183. ME2 was 2184-85, with the expansion Lair of the Shadow Broker (one of the best imo) in happening in late 2185.

Andromeda Initiative sets off in late 2185, before the events of ME3 kick off in 2186.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

I may or may not love Mass Effect. A lot.
so it just splits off eh?
__________________
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 10:26 PM   #72
Ck21
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SA
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Hmmm damn man. OK how long does each game take roughly if you just want to play the main story?
ME1 took me roughly just under 18hrs
ME2 took my roughly 23hrs~ (last play though i did everything including DLC, total time was 32hrs, but total completion was like 94%)
ME3 took me 26hrs

Played a sniper for 95% of the time.

You have heaps of time to play and finish all 3 before Andromeda is released, its already been delayed to q2 next year
__________________
My beastly Watercooled PC:
Intel e5 2640 v4 (Broadwell-E)
32GB DDR4 ECC RAM
Geforce GTX1070 8GB
Ck21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 10:32 PM   #73
ni9ht_5ta1k3r
Member
 
ni9ht_5ta1k3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney: it sucks!
Posts: 29,841
Default

this'll be a PC buy
__________________
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 12:36 PM   #74
power
Member
 
power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: brisbane
Posts: 49,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni9ht_5ta1k3r View Post
this'll be a PC buy
I'll also buy for PC, but I'm very impressed with the work EA have been doing on Frostbite for consoles (BF1 1080P 60 dynamic resolution), shame that with the resolution bumps (4K on PS4 Pro for ME Andromeda remember) you don't get a bigger bump in framerate - 30fps just kills the experience (Skyrim SE must just suck running like that). I expect a dynamic resolution at 4K and hopefully for console gamers 60fps target for this on PS4 Pro, more likely to be 4K dynamic 30 though.
__________________
this is who we are.
power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 12:53 PM   #75
ni9ht_5ta1k3r
Member
 
ni9ht_5ta1k3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney: it sucks!
Posts: 29,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
I'll also buy for PC, but I'm very impressed with the work EA have been doing on Frostbite for consoles (BF1 1080P 60 dynamic resolution), shame that with the resolution bumps (4K on PS4 Pro for ME Andromeda remember) you don't get a bigger bump in framerate - 30fps just kills the experience (Skyrim SE must just suck running like that). I expect a dynamic resolution at 4K and hopefully for console gamers 60fps target for this on PS4 Pro, more likely to be 4K dynamic 30 though.
From what I've heard it's not native 4k.
__________________
XBOX Live: The Gh0sts | Steam: Th3_Gh0sts | PSN: TheGhosts (AU) - TheGh0sts_CA (CA) | Origin: Th3_Gh0sts - RSSC: Chillawhat | UPlay: spartan33 | Battle.Net: Th3Gh0sts#1131
Current PC: Metabox Prime-X P870DM-G with a GTX 1070N GPU
My Web & Graphic Design Portfolio | My EBay Listings | Overwatch Vids
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Sign up for a free OCAU account and this ad will go away!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.
OCAU is hosted by Micron21!