Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Manufacturer-specific Forums > AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets

Notices

Old 9th March 2017, 9:52 PM   #1
leaper1 Thread Starter

Default FX-6300 Overclock Test

Hi Everyone,

So i decided to upgrade my old rig with a new case, PSU and installed water cooling for my AM3+ Platform coming from a generic basic setup using everything stock including CPU HSF.
Well, it turned out to be a great overclock and everything went well considering my current setup with only a water AIO and no case fans. Case cover was left open.

I went with a Thermaltake Water 3.0 S 240mm AIO and i found this to work extremely good.
I am quite happy how this basic board could handle the 4.8ghz overclock. Please see the link bellow for all the screen shots.

Let me know what you guys think Just felt like i wanted to get this out there and see if anyone else with a similar setup had good fortune.
I ran a baseline test with everything stock including case and no water cooling to start it off. Not sure i want to push any further especially with this board.

Feel free to ask questions. Thanks.

http://www.users.on.net/~dizzydan/Overclocking/

FX-6300 @ 4.8 GHZ on Water 3.0 S 240mm
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 6
16gig Corsair @ 1333mhz
GTX 670
Thermaltake 650W PSU 80PLUS
Old 10th March 2017, 5:50 AM   #2
TaroT

that's pretty impressive on that board just keep an eye on the vrm temps as they can get very toasty