Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > PC Audio

Notices

Old 15th August 2017, 5:19 PM   #91
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Wonder if wee will ever get another driver update on the Z series?

Although they are fine right now I have to admit.
Old 6th September 2017, 9:22 PM   #92
jET_M@X

Doubt it with their attention focussed on the gaming RGB striplights card.
jET_M@X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 6:12 PM   #93
{V|PER}

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CHILLED View Post
Wonder if wee will ever get another driver update on the Z series?

Although they are fine right now I have to admit.
I dunno, I've been having an issue in a couple games where itl just decide to sound like its underwater and static.
I'd rather enjoy a driver update right now, even if it's just for shits n giggles.
i7 3770K @ 4.3 | Noctua NH-D14 | ASUS P5Q | Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16GB Quad | Gigabyte Xtreme 1080 | SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD | 2TB Seagate | Sound Blaster ZXR | Corsair HX750 PSU | Silverstone Fortress FT02B | BenQ 32" 4K BL3201PT | Logitech G15 | Corsair Sabre RGB | Sennheiser HD555
{V|PER} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 7:37 PM   #94
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by {V|PER} View Post
I dunno, I've been having an issue in a couple games where itl just decide to sound like its underwater and static.
Could be game related though? As in an issue moreso on the games side?
Old 14th September 2017, 2:11 AM   #95
bassyblue

Quote:
Sounds exactly like some of the issues I have with my Zx. Sometimes it'll just switch speakers around or off. Sometimes while watching something in 2.0 it'll go crackly and get worse over time. Been like this for a long time now and forum research shows that it's a common set of issues.
bassyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 3:00 PM   #96
{V|PER}

Quote:
Yeah it could be, it does it in Ghost Recon Wildlands so relatively new, and also in Rise of the Tomb Raider so a game that's been around and is stable.
Once it goes though Ill usually quit to windows, then ill have silence, then itl starting going bananas in windows with some crazy distortion. A restart normally fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassyblue View Post
Sounds exactly like some of the issues I have with my Zx. Sometimes it'll just switch speakers around or off. Sometimes while watching something in 2.0 it'll go crackly and get worse over time. Been like this for a long time now and forum research shows that it's a common set of issues.
I haven't had it switch speakers, but I use headphones so probably less than it can screw up in those instances when it goes nuts.

I have contemplated going for Creatives new AE-5 soundcard, if only for the new set of drivers etc. But It wouldn't be much of an 'upgrade' most likely, unless the amp is more powerful and sounds better than the ZXR.
I like the laser mic and the volume control on the ZXR to, it would probably work on the AE-5 though.
i7 3770K @ 4.3 | Noctua NH-D14 | ASUS P5Q | Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16GB Quad | Gigabyte Xtreme 1080 | SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD | 2TB Seagate | Sound Blaster ZXR | Corsair HX750 PSU | Silverstone Fortress FT02B | BenQ 32" 4K BL3201PT | Logitech G15 | Corsair Sabre RGB | Sennheiser HD555
{V|PER} is offline   Reply With Quote