Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Old 24th February 2015, 10:22 AM   #9541
zeropluszero

ramlist.i4memory.com/ddr3/
Another freezer's words of wisdom
zeropluszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 5:20 PM   #9542
Chilli-Man

Anyone have experience with the GTX285 and OCP?

I've modded mine and pretty sure it's correct. Pot is set to about 12 ohms. But when I ramp up the voltage, even on stock clocks, or just bring the core up a bit it'll run for maybe 20 seconds and the freeze for half a second before going black. A reboot then brings it back to life again. From what I've read this seems like OCP kicking in, but like I'm pretty sure I've done the mod correctly. I've had a look at the datasheet for the chip (ISL6327) and it says that OCP is triggered when the IOUT pin sees 2v, and I've measured it at the mod point and it's only getting a few millivolts. Appreciate any ideas as to what's going on.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post4008694
Chilli-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 9:21 PM   #9543
sskmercer

Hey chilli I'm not on a PC at the moment but is that mod for the 285 any different to the one on OCN HERE, hope it works out for you.
sskmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 9:24 PM   #9544
ginger_nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropluszero View Post
ramlist.i4memory.com/ddr3/
Cheers buddy, I can stop asking all the time.

Just another question, what chips are preferred ? Would only be using chilled water at the max.

Last edited by ginger_nuts; 24th February 2015 at 9:27 PM.
ginger_nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 9:33 PM   #9545
Chilli-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskmercer View Post
Hey chilli I'm not on a PC at the moment but is that mod for the 285 any different to the one on OCN HERE, hope it works out for you.
Yeah, it's a little different. that's for rev1 of the card, I've got rev1.1 (also referred to as P892 or 1180). I've found vGPU, OCP, and vMEM mods for my version, and the vGPU and vMEM mods work fine. It's just that it still seems that OCP is active for some reason. Or maybe that's just how this card behaves and the core is just crap on it. :/
Old 24th February 2015, 9:47 PM   #9546
Chilli-Man

How about a volt mod for a gigabyte gtx750ti? I can't find a datasheet at all for what I'm pretty positive is the right chip, so as a result I'm a bit stuck as to how to proceed.

Also trying to find a data sheet for a uP1542 chip, but the upi-semi.com website is down?
Old 25th February 2015, 9:29 AM   #9547
Chilli-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli-Man View Post

I've modded mine and pretty sure it's correct. Pot is set to about 12 ohms. But when I ramp up the voltage, even on stock clocks, or just bring the core up a bit it'll run for maybe 20 seconds and the freeze for half a second before going black. A reboot then brings it back to life again. From what I've read this seems like OCP kicking in, but like I'm pretty sure I've done the mod correctly. I've had a look at the datasheet for the chip (ISL6327) and it says that OCP is triggered when the IOUT pin sees 2v, and I've measured it at the mod point and it's only getting a few millivolts. Appreciate any ideas as to what's going on.

Ok, so I've looked into it further and I'm still getting core voltage when it trips out. So this would indicate that OCP isn't actually kicking in (cause that would results on 0v to the core?), and I've probably just got a turd on my hands?
Old 25th February 2015, 9:29 AM   #9548
newlife

Quote:

After a quick read over of the data sheet you need to a vid mod which is done in binary way with resistors and for more help try posting in hwbots vmod thread

Edit: after a bit more of a look you are most likely having problems with OVP which is +175mv of the vid

Edit 2: OCP works in 2 ways one of which is sensing the current from ISEN pins and can be changed by changing the resistors connected to the pins using the equation on the data sheet under over current protection on pg. 20

Last edited by newlife; 25th February 2015 at 9:55 AM.
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 9:55 AM   #9549
Chilli-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
After a quick read over of the data sheet you need to a vid mod which is done in binary way with resistors and for more help try posting in hwbots vmod thread

Edit: after a bit more of a look you are most likely having problems with OVP which is +175mv of the vid
Thanks. I read that there wasn't any OVP with these cards and people were running over 1.4v without any issues. I'll have another look at it though, maybe I've got the odd one out. Looking at the datasheet, I should be able to monitor the OVP pin and if it goes high then that'll mean OVP is kicking in?
Old 25th February 2015, 9:57 AM   #9550
robbo2

Quote:
Thanks. I read that there wasn't any OVP with these cards and people were running over 1.4v without any issues. I'll have another look at it though, maybe I've got the odd one out. Looking at the datasheet, I should be able to monitor the OVP pin and if it goes high then that'll mean OVP is kicking in?
How cold are you? I was always under the impression that with GT200 chips they scaled more with cold and didn't really need the big volts so OVP and OCP was never really an issue.
Old 25th February 2015, 10:06 AM   #9551
Chilli-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo2 View Post
How cold are you? I was always under the impression that with GT200 chips they scaled more with cold and didn't really need the big volts so OVP and OCP was never really an issue.
Not cold at all atm. Have left the stock cooler on while I was just trying to verify that the card still worked and my mods were functional. The vMEM mod works and lets me bump up the mem freq another notch. I'm not getting anything extra out of the core though, even with a lot more voltage. While I don't expect it to go a whole lot further without going cold, I would have thought going from stock voltage to over 1.4v should have let me at least go from 720 (max stock) to 738mhz on the core.
Old 25th February 2015, 12:17 PM   #9552
Chilli-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post

Edit 2: OCP works in 2 ways one of which is sensing the current from ISEN pins and can be changed by changing the resistors connected to the pins using the equation on the data sheet under over current protection on pg. 20
What I'm doing at the moment (followed a guide) is putting a lower resistance from the IOUT pin to ground. As I understand it from the datasheet, when that sees 2v it triggers OCP. So by having a lower resistance there, you're decreasing the voltage it sees.

On another note, when OCP (or OVP for that matter) is triggered the core voltage would be shut down? So if I'm still measuring the same core voltage then that means the protection isn't kicking in and therefore something else is going on?
Old 25th February 2015, 12:22 PM   #9553
jjjc_93

Normally OVP mods in that manner work in the opposite, by adding resistance.

Could just be too much voltage on air too, 1.4v is quite a lot and could be causing issues.
Old 25th February 2015, 12:39 PM   #9554
Chilli-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjc_93 View Post
Normally OVP mods in that manner work in the opposite, by adding resistance.

Could just be too much voltage on air too, 1.4v is quite a lot and could be causing issues.
From what I've seen of this card, it's just the OCP mod that's usually done as OVP hasn't been an issue for others.

I've worked my way up to 1.4v, but nothing has got the core any quicker than what it could do stock. Maybe I just need to get it cold and see what happens.
Old 25th February 2015, 1:03 PM   #9555
newlife

As Jack said

And to do the OCP mod properly requires changing the resistors on all 6 ISEN- pins and the one for IOUT
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote