Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Mobile Phones & Devices > Google Android (OS & Devices)

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 22nd April 2017, 4:56 PM   #151
Ryansta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.J.Sparrow View Post
2 years in Australia (+ a couple of months extra according to some anecdotal reports of warranty claims). As for repairs, they do for a few more years.

In Korea, like most parts of the world, we get only 1 year (+ a few weeks), but Samsung's customer service in Korea is bloody awesome. Here, their mobile repair centers seem to carry parts for 4 years.
Cool thanks, are there any screen replacements included in the standard warranty?

I ordered a GS8+ on Virgin Mobile online, up to 3 weeks for delivery, almost want to cancel! Anyone know if going in store would result in getting a phone sooner?
Ryansta is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 22nd April 2017, 7:31 PM   #152
Houston

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170421000257

Has anyone here experienced this "Pink/Red" display tinge problem? There's a few people over on Whirlpool that are having this issue with their new S8's (mostly around the edges). The software color correction that samsung says will fix it doesn't seem to make anything better.

And whats a reasonable price to expect to sell the Gear VR for? its pretty useless to me
Old Yesterday, 8:24 AM   #153
DEFSTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170421000257

Has anyone here experienced this "Pink/Red" display tinge problem? There's a few people over on Whirlpool that are having this issue with their new S8's (mostly around the edges). The software color correction that samsung says will fix it doesn't seem to make anything better.

And whats a reasonable price to expect to sell the Gear VR for? its pretty useless to me
No, my screen is perfect as is the phone, nice upgrade from my beloved Nexus 5. Was looking for something that wasn't to big in the hand and this fits the bill. S8 Orchid Grey.

Here is a an in depth video of the S8 with over 150 tips, some basic some not so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5GN...e2bji0q&t=179s

Hopefully its some help
Old Today, 1:37 PM   #154
metalrain

Might be obvious to some, but the official Clear View Stand Cover will not close properly if you're using a thick, curved glass screen protector like the one from Cygnett. Still keeping this combo though as I am paranoid about protecting my precious new S8+

metalrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 2:49 PM   #155
vipersnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrain View Post
Might be obvious to some, but the official Clear View Stand Cover will not close properly if you're using a thick, curved glass screen protector like the one from Cygnett. Still keeping this combo though as I am paranoid about protecting my precious new S8+
I only purchased the Clear View Stand Cover, do you think that's enough protection? Surely when its in your pocket or in a gym bag or something the screen would be always covered?

I ordered mine Thursday arvo, just contacted Telstra, they are waiting on stock replenishment
CPU: Fast RAM: more than windows can address, but the salesman said it would be fully sic Keyboard: awesome, got a dial on top, no space bar Desk: in pieces on floor, can't fit 3 monitors Mods: DOD headshot and wallhack aimbot, nade-bot and shovel-bot, auto-swear-spam.
vipersnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:55 PM   #156
slashrox

I was going to wait and see what happened for what the iPhone 8 was going to bring, but after having a look at the S8+ earlier today, I actually really liked it and decided to preorder it. Just preordered it online with optus. I've had a few stints with android in the past and never liked it too much being too used to iPhones, but today I was impressed with the software. I currently use an iPhone 6s+ which will now be used for my work sim to replace the iPhone 5 I use for that sim. Wish the s8 was dual sim!!
slashrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:32 PM   #157
metalrain

The case doesn't have a locking mechanism that prevents the clear view portion from opening accidentally so having the screen protector just satiates my paranoia even just little.

metalrain is offline   Reply With Quote