Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Networking, Telephony & Internet

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 21st April 2017, 2:54 PM   #436
caspian

if so, NBN wears the SLA breach as a penalty. nobody wants that, least of all NBN, so if it happens it's because there wasn't an alternative.

there's no way of fixing it, the appointment gets released back into the pool quite deliberately so it can be reused, if it's taken by someone else then it's gone and not there to allocate - techs don't come out of thin air. if it's past the point-of-no-return for scheduling the actual work then there's nothing left to rescue anyway.
Please do not contact me directly for advice on NBN related issues. Your ISP is the correct point of contact for any queries. If they can't or won't help, why are you rewarding them with your business?
caspian is online now   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 21st April 2017, 5:55 PM   #437
SupremeMoFo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian View Post
if so, NBN wears the SLA breach as a penalty. nobody wants that, least of all NBN, so if it happens it's because there wasn't an alternative.

there's no way of fixing it, the appointment gets released back into the pool quite deliberately so it can be reused, if it's taken by someone else then it's gone and not there to allocate - techs don't come out of thin air. if it's past the point-of-no-return for scheduling the actual work then there's nothing left to rescue anyway.
It honestly sounds like NBN wrote themselves into a purposeless SLA black hole here. If I was booking an appointment a week away, there's no need for the appointment to expire from reservation status within 24hrs.

Most of the time when this happened, I just reserved it for the same timeslot (it usually wasn't gone) and then called through to the NBN callcentre to get it booked in. NBN could've done this themselves if they got to it before I did, but NBN does not do that.

My other favourite was the NBN portal was offering Saturday fault restoration appointments for some services and then just never sending the technician on the day because the service didn't have the appropriate SLA for it. No one on NBN's side ever identified this though, we just learned to not book Saturday appointments.
Old 21st April 2017, 6:34 PM   #438
caspian

I just explained it, not defending it.

the portal just offers appointments. it's up to you to select the one appropriate for the SLA. same as the muppets who kept picking the incorrect one for scips's install. maybe it should screen them by applicability for SLA type.

at the same time, maybe it should also prevent access seekers from picking out-of-SLA appointments, ignoring the click-through "hey dumbass this is out of SLA" notification... and then bitching later that the service didn't get fixed until... out of SLA! used to get this *all* the time, so glad I'm nowhere near that side of the business anymore.
Please do not contact me directly for advice on NBN related issues. Your ISP is the correct point of contact for any queries. If they can't or won't help, why are you rewarding them with your business?
Old 21st April 2017, 7:05 PM   #439
SupremeMoFo

Oh, I loved the out of SLA warning pop-up when it was the first available appointment

Personally I didn't care what the first available appointment was for fault restoration. It is what it is. It was never like, say, Telstra, where it could be weeks away. It was almost never more than 3 business days. Good enough. Because I was only ever dealing with residential grade services, the customer was told for all intents and purposes there may as well be no SLA for all the good it would do them.

Yes, the portal absolutely should not offer appointments that will not be attended because of SLA mismatches. It's just asking for trouble. Ask the question the other way. What purpose is there for offering an appointment that the SLA does not allow for? It's designed to fail.
Old 22nd April 2017, 9:31 AM   #440
caspian

then have your account manager put the suggestion forward to their CDM. that's the channel for that sort of feedback.
Old Today, 4:59 PM   #441
scips

Rescheduled for the 2nd of May.....pretty pissed, NBN team was a floppy dick, the chick from billing knew more about their own processes than they did :S but another 30GB of data on the 4G hotspot.

Casp: Feel like gazing into your crystal ball for me next Monday?
scips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:37 PM   #442
josh_676

NBN preordered through Aussie Broad Band using a referal code from whirlpool.

First month free, 6 months of double data.

So 1 TB of data @ 100/40 for 80 pm.
josh_676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:41 PM   #443
caspian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scips View Post
Rescheduled for the 2nd of May.....pretty pissed, NBN team was a floppy dick, the chick from billing knew more about their own processes than they did :S but another 30GB of data on the 4G hotspot.

Casp: Feel like gazing into your crystal ball for me next Monday?
if they've scheduled an appointment for 2 May then I can't see it, and if I can't then nobody else can either. at best they've booked an appointment and forgotten to ask for it to be linked to the order, which means it will hit the sunset timer SupremeMoFo mentioned earlier and expire - due to the access seeker not following process.

in fact, the last interaction they had with the order that can be seen was 11 days ago now, wanting to know why the third appointment was cancelled, despite having being clearly told if they looked at the appointment itself.

so unfortunately, I doubt you're getting an install on 2 May on the basis of the interactions so far, sorry. for an organisation that apparently has a dedicated NBN team they seem to be having an amazing problem following a simple process.

Last edited by caspian; Today at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling