Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Other Toys/Hobbies

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 14th July 2017, 12:16 PM   #5821
Krumm

25% off Lego @ Myer online also some sets on sale still on their ebay store as well as their 20% off discount code "CMYER".

There's Star Wars Tie Fighter 75095 in stock for $225 and Star Wars Death Star 75159 is $700 for anyone interested.

Last edited by Krumm; 14th July 2017 at 12:20 PM.
Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 14th July 2017, 12:35 PM   #5822
Ma Baker
Forum Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
25% off Lego @ Myer online also some sets on sale still on their ebay store as well as their 20% off discount code "CMYER".

There's Star Wars Tie Fighter 75095 in stock for $225 and Star Wars Death Star 75159 is $700 for anyone interested.
Use the code CCSELL20 to get the tie fighter down to $205 or the death star to $680.
Old 14th July 2017, 2:11 PM   #5823
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Baker View Post
Use the code CCSELL20 to get the tie fighter down to $205 or the death star to $680.
Oh boy. My wallet is going to HATE me! I must resist!

I was just about to pull the trigger on an AT-AT set on Ebay for $300 (75054) or the Assault on Hoth for $320 (75098).

I CAN'T DECIDE!

I'm trying to collect all the action sets (like the little battle ones etc). The hoth set would be great! I've bought about 5 Attack on Hoth (the small $30 sets (that I got for $17) to set up my own Hoth battle (with a few of the AT-ST walkers (that I got from Myer for $54 a few months ago). But I'm running out of room. haha

Was also offered a discount code on ebay if I paid via PayPal (not sure if it'll apply to everybody) but it's YOUR10 if people are interested.

Another question for you folks...

What do you do with your Lego collections when you need to move or anything? Like, I've now got quite a few intricate pieces that would damage quite easily in transportation (well fall apart).

How do you do it???

Last edited by Madengineer; 14th July 2017 at 3:22 PM.
Madengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 7:48 PM   #5824
Krumm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madengineer View Post
What do you do with your Lego collections when you need to move or anything? Like, I've now got quite a few intricate pieces that would damage quite easily in transportation (well fall apart).

How do you do it???
Mine are still mostly in plastic tubs from the last move, catches any pieces that inevitably fall off and keeps the dust out too.
Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 8:01 PM   #5825
Madengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Mine are still mostly in plastic tubs from the last move, catches any pieces that inevitably fall off and keeps the dust out too.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking... But some big enough for these sets would cost a pretty penny. haha

I might need to go down that path though.

I was originally thinking a largish tub, then layer them. Put one in, then like, packing beans, then another etc.
Old 15th July 2017, 4:26 PM   #5826
Madengineer

I was not prepared... Not a single numbered bag in the box

I just spent like 20 minutes searching for a 2X24 dark grey, when it is infact black. It shows up poorly in the instructions ;(

Last edited by Madengineer; 15th July 2017 at 4:54 PM.
Madengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 9:25 AM   #5827
daehenoc

Quote:
Get some butchers paper from (hah) Bunnings or somewhere else, wrap the set in a few layers of paper, and stack them in a large moving box. Parts will fall off the set, but because you used several layers of paper, the parts that come off are all contained in the paper wrap. Gives you something to do when you unpack your Lego. Hah.
Quote:
I was not prepared... Not a single numbered bag in the box

I just spent like 20 minutes searching for a 2X24 dark grey, when it is infact black. It shows up poorly in the instructions ;(
Hah, yes, this is quite painful at times. When building a set, I use a fishing tackle box (also from Bunnings), I use the 4cm high one, and I sort out all the small parts into the compartments in the fishing box. Anything that is five studs or over goes into a large flat tray (Bunnings!) and the rest goes into the tackle box. There's usually enough compartments to adequately sort out the bits (yellow parts here, flat black here, etc etc) - sometimes I double up parts in one compartment when there's not many of those parts (clear and red see-through parts).
Pre-sorting the parts can take a while, but it can save you time during the build (Oh, there's no dark-grey in my tackle box at all, they must be black). And it keeps me off the streets at night.
daehenoc is offline   Reply With Quote