Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > PC Audio

Notices

Old 15th August 2017, 10:10 PM   #1
Munki Thread Starter

Default Recabling headphones

Does anyone know where I might be able to get that done in Sydney? Thinking of getting my ESW9 re-cabled as the stock ones are a bit thin and flimsy...

Munki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 7:14 AM   #2
connico

You can do them yourself if you dare?? Have you got the replacement cable built??
Old 16th August 2017, 7:17 AM   #3
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to get that done in Sydney? Thinking of getting my ESW9 re-cabled as the stock ones are a bit thin and flimsy...
I would think perhaps a dedicated hi-fi may be able to do this, or at least point you in the right direction.
Old 16th August 2017, 8:15 AM   #4
connico

Messaged a mate that does this kind of thing, he contracts for JVP in Marrickville on his spare time.

YMMV though
Old 16th August 2017, 5:36 PM   #5
Matthew kane

Quote:
Kameron @ Krispy Kables may be who you are after as he is in NSW and is a retail hifi outlet and offers recabling services.
Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHZ - Noctua NH-D14 | 96GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHZ | Asus Rampage IV Extreme (4901 bios) | 2 x Pascal Titan's | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro with LME47920's opamps | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB| 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green, 4 x 2TB Seagate LP | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250watt | Antec P280 + Veris Elite | LG BD Rewriter
Matthew kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 2:33 PM   #6
Munki Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to have to see if I can source my own cable to get this done. I saw the price on some cables at Krispy Kables, and they're worth almost as much as the headphones...

Munki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 2:58 PM   #7
connico

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to have to see if I can source my own cable to get this done. I saw the price on some cables at Krispy Kables, and they're worth almost as much as the headphones...
Lol those cables are quite high end... I'd just call and ask mate you'll find they can source more affordable cables...

if you're finding it hard to get professional help I'd have a crack for you, I've done a few already for myself :P
Old 22nd August 2017, 4:35 PM   #8
Matthew kane

Quote:
You have to call them up to get a quote on a recabling service done for your headphone. Last I heard on stereonet, some guy had his Beyer's recabled and it wasn't that expensive.
Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHZ - Noctua NH-D14 | 96GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHZ | Asus Rampage IV Extreme (4901 bios) | 2 x Pascal Titan's | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro with LME47920's opamps | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB| 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green, 4 x 2TB Seagate LP | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250watt | Antec P280 + Veris Elite | LG BD Rewriter
Matthew kane is offline   Reply With Quote