Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > PC Audio

Notices

Old 5th September 2009, 5:45 PM   #76
sober-oz

thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

Snufkin, may i ask how much better the soundstage is on the AD700, are they worth $40 more. i am willing to pay extra as the soundstage is obviously very important for gaming, i'm just wondering if it justifies the price diff.
cheers.
sober-oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 6:12 PM   #77
Snufkin

It's definitely significant, yes.
Snufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 6:18 PM   #78
sober-oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
It's definitely significant, yes.
ok, thanks i guess I'll be getting the AD700's
Old 5th September 2009, 7:33 PM   #79
empacitator

I can't comment on the quality of the G35's or the DTX800 but 2 days in I'm happy with my A700's Have also ordered an Auzentech Forte and a Zalman microphone so just have to wait for them to turn up now.

Thanks again for the advice Snufkin and also to Felix who was helpful. Free delivery that arrives overnight is very good haha
empacitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 1:47 PM   #80
sober-oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by empacitator View Post
I can't comment on the quality of the G35's or the DTX800 but 2 days in I'm happy with my A700's Have also ordered an Auzentech Forte and a Zalman microphone so just have to wait for them to turn up now.

Thanks again for the advice Snufkin and also to Felix who was helpful. Free delivery that arrives overnight is very good haha
hey, have you got your cans yet?
I've heard they are a-bit lacking in base, whats your opinion on this
Old 8th September 2009, 3:05 PM   #81
Joe.

I have Sennheiser HD201's, they're quite quiet, is there anyway I can increase the volume of them? (Everything maxed in Windows)
Joe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 4:17 PM   #82
Dodoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober-oz View Post
hey, have you got your cans yet?
I've heard they are a-bit lacking in base, whats your opinion on this
I had the A900 and it did lack a bit of bass. The sound which comes through is very clean and detailed and the bass you hear is probably how it was meant to be heard, except in the case of techno/RnB etc. .
Old 8th September 2009, 4:21 PM   #83
holdennutta

Hey, I'm after some good canal phones which have iPhone controls on them. I want the OEM Apple features (volume control and the play pause button + mic).

I've been keeping an eye on the headphones.com.au section for a while now and seen nothing that meets my needs controls wise, unfortunately!

Am thinking in the $100-250 range total. Anyone got any recommendations? Or Snufkin, do you know of any coming onto the market soon with the full complement of features?

Cheers!
holdennutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 6:10 PM   #84
Snufkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
I have Sennheiser HD201's, they're quite quiet, is there anyway I can increase the volume of them? (Everything maxed in Windows)
Even if you think everything is maxed, there may still be an extra hidden volume slider somewhere.
Otherwise, you have 2 alternatives - a cheap headphone amp, like a Fiio, which will boost the volume, or a better soundcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdennutta View Post
Hey, I'm after some good canal phones which have iPhone controls on them. I want the OEM Apple features (volume control and the play pause button + mic).

I've been keeping an eye on the headphones.com.au section for a while now and seen nothing that meets my needs controls wise, unfortunately!

Am thinking in the $100-250 range total. Anyone got any recommendations? Or Snufkin, do you know of any coming onto the market soon with the full complement of features?

Cheers!
All the UE Vi range http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?search=vi the Etymotic hf2 http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?search=hf2 and the Sennheiser mm50ip http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?search=mm50ip have inline mics/remotes, or you can add the Shure MPA http://headphones.com.au/pbrowse?search=shure+mpa to any canalphones.

One thing to be aware of : any headphones with a built in mic/remote WILL FAIL at least once within the warranty period (no matter how much you pay), and definitely once warranty has run out.
Old 8th September 2009, 8:56 PM   #85
holdennutta

Thanks Snufkin. Unfortunately they're all the ones I've been stalking the last little while - especially the hf2's but they all lack the volume control, as does the MPA from what I can see.

But that's quite off putting about the failure rate, I might just have to get some non-headset ones and just live with it...
Old 9th September 2009, 9:29 AM   #86
Snufkin

Ah, indeed they don't have volume control, but if you had a mic, a remote AND a volume control you'd increase your failure rate even more
Old 11th September 2009, 8:09 AM   #87
MomijiTMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by borked View Post
http://headphones.com.au/forums/view...php?f=2&t=3399

Worth bringing this to the attention of people here.

If you plan to buy Sennheiser's soon, now's the time.

A side note, support is the only way Snufkin will remain a viable business to serve us.

If we don't support him, he can't support us and will disappear!
Man I better decide what to buy asap.
Old 11th September 2009, 3:03 PM   #88
BarryThePenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
Man I better decide what to buy asap.
Easy. Don't buy Sennheiser
BarryThePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 8:16 PM   #89
Whisper

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryThePenguin View Post
Easy. Don't buy Sennheiser
You would reckon that it would be a no-brainer 90% of the time.
There's something about philosophy that is at once humanising & utterly human. It's the court of last recourse. When the oracles have failed us, when the saints have grown silent & when god has chosen not to reveal himself. Then we stand back in the dark dark shadows of confusion & fear & ask, "What sort of being am I?" "What kind of life is right for me?" "& how should I govern, or be governed?"
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:05 PM   #90
holdennutta

Sucks about the Sen situation. Seems to be the done thing for companies to be the monster lately

Anyhoo - Snufkin has put me off the iphone headset idea so now I am after some canal cans which offer the best isolation with decent sound quality. I spend a lot of time around loud stuff like buses (on way to uni etc) and have only recently noticed it *hurts* sometimes.

I have a question re the SuperFi 3Studios.
This lists biflange tips as included (which I assume offer better isolation?) whereas the UE site says includes blunt and foam tips??

These deem to be my best bet in the $100-$200 range? Is there anything up ti $250 which would demand I spend more?

How do the Shure SE210 compare?

Last edited by holdennutta; 11th September 2009 at 10:09 PM.