Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Specific Hardware Topics > Extreme and Water Cooling

Notices

Search our forums with Google:
Closed Thread

Old 21st February 2012, 3:59 PM   #91
aokman

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
OK SO! aside from the odd issue with how they deal with their customers, and the nickel plating EK blocks functionally are still good (eg their full copper parts, or copper plastic parts)?

The only reason i ask is that every other manufacturer has nickel plated 7970 blocks but none that are copper (i don't want to mix, and i personally hate the look of nickel).

Apart from the obvious bashing of the brand, and also the helping a "bad" company continue it's business practices, if i just want a block that is functional and full copper ek is essentially the only company that has stock NOW, is full copper.

BTW i run corrosion inhibitors in my loop and haven't had my ek die yet..... here's hoping it stays that way!
you wont have any issues running copper, remember many off the shelf rads are copper also the nickel is just for looks and bling mostly. EK have the copper ones like you said but i imagine heatkiller wont be far off with their copper blocks

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 21st February 2012, 4:01 PM   #92
Creekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzdontbetaken View Post
DD does have an aus distro.
and who might that be? you? then u might wanna sue GAM for importing DD stock direct from DD, the only way u can btw...
also i am not an importer so have nfi why u brought that up in this thread..

still has fuck all to do with monsoon mate
know what the fuck ur talking about or STFU!
Quote:
Also the 4870 blocks of yours that replaced your first pair were old returned stock
oh so you work for EK too do you?
man u sure get around..
Quote:
they were originally copper, and has a clear coating on their blocks to help prevent tarnish, unlike nickel which is not coated before the nickel is applied.
this i agree with, sorta...and is what i have said MANY MANY MANY times is the reason for the ek failures, the blocks weren't prepared properly before plating. but once again this is only ONE of a string of EK quality failures..
do ur research before u start talking shit mate.
Quote:
So that's 6 or your 8 blocks that weren't brand new unopened EN nickel
huh? how do u figure that? the 6 blocks were all direct from ek, wanna sue me for that too? u need to lern to reedz b4 u type kb warrior

mjpopcorn.jpg
Old 21st February 2012, 4:01 PM   #93
Brum

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamin View Post
i replied to your comment in the other thread, there not stocked anywhere yet inc AQ.

so sit back and relax with beers and popcorn.
Thanks just read the other post thanks roamin.

time to get a keg.
Asus rampage v extreme, Intel 5960x, 3x Gigabyte Gtx 980 4gb, Tri-sli, 16gigs Corsair platnum 2666 ddr4', Plextor m.2 m6e 256gb ssd, 2xIntel 240gb ssd's 6xIntel 120gb ssd's, Dell U3011, Dell U2413, Seasonic x gold 1250watt pus, Caselabs Sth10.
Old 21st February 2012, 4:31 PM   #94
Mav3r1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekin View Post
cracking resz
REALLY! I got a EK-250 res that I just realised has 3 minor cracks in it. Its been sitting doing nothing for ages, went to re use and WOW. Very concerned.
Intel i5-750 @4Ghz | Gigabyte P55A-UD4P | GSkill 8GIG 1600Mhz | Nvidia MSI GTX780 Lighting OC 3GIG | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX570 OC [Physx]| X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion | 240GIG SSD | WD 1TB Black | WD 3TB | Corsair TX850 v2 | Corsair Obsidian 700D | 3x ASUS 27" LED | XSPC Raystorm CPU Block | XSPC RX360 | EK-RS250 & D5 Vario |
Old 21st February 2012, 4:47 PM   #95
roamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3r1k View Post
REALLY! I got a EK-250 res that I just realised has 3 minor cracks in it. Its been sitting doing nothing for ages, went to re use and WOW. Very concerned.
silicone and race tape fixes EVERYTHING.
Old 21st February 2012, 4:53 PM   #96
radeon_freak

Quote:
radeon_freak are you going to flog this comment too? whining retard? guess its not just me with the same attitude. there seems to be quite a few that agree.

if asus or any other major brand had a major stuff up (this was a major one) and made all customers wait 3 months before deciding to allow RMA, would you buy asus again or recommend them if someone was asking? i would think not. youd recommend one of the MANY other brands.

btw, i had to rma an asus board and they were very quick to replace the board, thanks asus 1 week turnaround through pccasegear. EK should take lessons from asus. happy customers means more money to be made and more blocks to be sold.
And there's a few people here who disagree.

The waiting period was mainly due to EK wanting third party test results before approving any RA's. In which the whole time customers were continually updated and asked to wait patiently. Even Eddie continued to post here even after the garbage he copped. Do you think EK should have simply replaced or refunded customers from the start without any evidence as to what was causing the problem? Surely not.

Also how can you compare a easily identifiable hardware fault against a flaking block which not many had seen before? Certainly not in these quantities. For all EK knew, a third part additive or something we were using was causing the flaking. When all this came to light, there was no pattern or easily identifiable cause of the problem.

Plus im sure ASUS didnt replace your board, it was either tested with PCCG or the disty and they replaced it. Hence the quick turn around time.

Quote:
even if 2 in 10 ppl have stopped buying ek and 5-10 newbies are affraid to buy ek from all the reading and experience thats placed on the internet, im sure ek have felt a slight pinch in sales.
And is that the main reason for your posts? To scare newbies into not buying EK simply because you had a bad experience? Certainly seems that way.
trades/sales: Hung Mung01, arnica, goodguy82, pshnfry, Pic, XTREME OC'ER, lui_gough, alexanderino, phil_is_mrx, Noonoo, lionman, snoozeys, callen_1, iCrunk, craigoss, CHemical, V1C7012, mtot, Miggod, protecon, Chop92per, Copie, stedyedy, Pipster, Peteodeath, Blue_muppet, dingdong555, baby_ute, fredhoon, WuzzA21, ElBeasto, lostdude, endo, disa1377,TwistedTripper, SoniQx, MorgzMods, gigabyte123, lostdude, vinnie, iNoob, colinskies, Wombycat, jamieyn, Linkin, aln, Little Man, linsi + many more
Old 21st February 2012, 5:18 PM   #97
roamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon_freak View Post
The waiting period was mainly due to EK wanting third party test results before approving any RA's. In which the whole time customers were continually updated and asked to wait patiently. Even Eddie continued to post here even after the garbage he copped. Do you think EK should have simply replaced or refunded customers from the start without any evidence as to what was causing the problem? Surely not.
post what updates exactly? sorry but please be patient to see if we can resolve the answer to blame you so we dont have to do anything about it as its going to cost us to much money and we dont want to pay. those updates?

of course eddie was to post here, its his job to TRY and keep customers with failed parts happy while making them wait for quite some time to decide there decisions.

as i said earlier, it wasnt one block, it was hundreds if not thousands. there were many different types of blocks, there were many different combinations of additives, some with/without dye, some with/without coolant, some with/without silver, some with/without distilled water, some with/without pt nuke and so on. dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out its a basic manufacturer issue now does it hence why everyone was kicking and screaming.

if its metal mixture corrosion, than why was this a massive issue only to ek?

its a world wide issue, they had to try and worm there way out. it would have cost ek and absolute fortune and im sure there not a multi million $$$ a year profiting company.

if i owned ek. i too would shit my pants, cry and try and worm my way out. it would have hurt ek bad.

Quote:
Also how can you compare a easily identifiable hardware fault against a flaking block which not many had seen before? Certainly not in these quantities. For all EK knew, a third part additive or something we were using was causing the flaking. When all this came to light, there was no pattern or easily identifiable cause of the problem.
easily identifiable? nothing looked wrong, it wouldnt post but would power. whats to say i didnt short it out? (which i didnt) but any hoo.

Quote:
Plus im sure ASUS didnt replace your board, it was either tested with PCCG or the disty and they replaced it. Hence the quick turn around time.
no doubt, but none of the companies made me wait months for scientific testing to make sure they cant blame me to get themselves out of a huge stuff up on there part

Quote:
And is that the main reason for your posts? To scare newbies into not buying EK simply because you had a bad experience? Certainly seems that way.
not at all, there asking the questions and im sure they would like the truth. i have not been talking shit. google is your friend. you will see many many threads/posts saying exactly the same thing.

look at this thread here and thats how i expect a legit company to respond. also thats why i use all AC parts. service is second to none and there half way around the world.
Old 21st February 2012, 6:56 PM   #98
radeon_freak

Quote:
post what updates exactly? sorry but please be patient to see if we can resolve the answer to blame you so we dont have to do anything about it as its going to cost us to much money and we dont want to pay. those updates?
So what, would you rather them do nothing and pretend it didnt happen? The information kept coming as EK received it. If they didnt have info to give and were in the same boat as all of us, what do you expect them to say?

Quote:
of course eddie was to post here, its his job to TRY and keep customers with failed parts happy while making them wait for quite some time to decide there decisions.
It's still customer service none the less and it's something Eddie didnt need to do. Time an effort on his behalf even just to say "Just be patient guys, were looking into it" is better than nothing.

Quote:
as i said earlier, it wasnt one block, it was hundreds if not thousands. there were many different types of blocks, there were many different combinations of additives, some with/without dye, some with/without coolant, some with/without silver, some with/without distilled water, some with/without pt nuke and so on. dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out its a basic manufacturer issue now does it hence why everyone was kicking and screaming.
Again, would you replace hundreds or thousands of blocks before any testing was done? We were all in the same boat to start with hence the third party testing. It wasnt so EK could worm its way out of it at all and im sure any business in the same position would undergo the same processes.

Quote:
easily identifiable? nothing looked wrong, it wouldnt post but would power. whats to say i didnt short it out? (which i didnt) but any hoo.

no doubt, but none of the companies made me wait months for scientific testing to make sure they cant blame me to get themselves out of a huge stuff up on there part
Again apples and oranges. You had a DOA board which was easily identifiable. EK had flaking blocks caused by who knows what.

Quote:
look at this thread here and thats how i expect a legit company to respond. also thats why i use all AC parts. service is second to none and there half way around the world.
Again, im sure EK would have replaced a block it if arrived with the Nickel peeling off. Still excellent service from AC

At the end of the day, everyone affected was offered replacements and in some cases full refunds. What more do you want? Don't you think its time the EK bashing or silly "Dont buy EK becuase your block will flake" statements got put to rest?
trades/sales: Hung Mung01, arnica, goodguy82, pshnfry, Pic, XTREME OC'ER, lui_gough, alexanderino, phil_is_mrx, Noonoo, lionman, snoozeys, callen_1, iCrunk, craigoss, CHemical, V1C7012, mtot, Miggod, protecon, Chop92per, Copie, stedyedy, Pipster, Peteodeath, Blue_muppet, dingdong555, baby_ute, fredhoon, WuzzA21, ElBeasto, lostdude, endo, disa1377,TwistedTripper, SoniQx, MorgzMods, gigabyte123, lostdude, vinnie, iNoob, colinskies, Wombycat, jamieyn, Linkin, aln, Little Man, linsi + many more

Last edited by radeon_freak; 21st February 2012 at 7:03 PM.
Old 21st February 2012, 7:08 PM   #99
IMtech
(Banned or Deleted)

Quote:
At the end of the day, everyone affected was offered replacements and in some cases full refunds. What more do you want? Don't you think its time the EK bashing or silly "Dont buy EK becuase your block will flake" statements got put to rest?
I would love to believe the above comment, but with new flaking blocks being posted on various forums pretty much week in, week out, you can understand a lot of people are now resentful of getting EK again... No?

Understandable me thinks. Once burnt twice shy as they say...
Old 21st February 2012, 7:20 PM   #100
radeon_freak

To be honest I havent seen any new threads pop up in a while. Not here nor the usual suspects (XS etc). No trying to say there isnt one or two, but with all products thats to be expected.
Old 21st February 2012, 9:31 PM   #101
Bern
Off the rails

FFS, you all need to go outside for a day or two.

If I feel like it, I'll edit this thread, ban a few tards and reopen it, or I'll just ban a few tards.