OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Photography & Video

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 29th February 2012, 12:35 PM   #1
MrDarceh Thread Starter

Default Polaroid type 100/240

http://landcameras.com/cameras/elemental/

I'm considering buying myself one of these bad boys in addition to the OneStep I already have, and I was wondering if anybody on the forum had used one/know somebody who has purchased one. I have a massive weakness for instant, there's something about the buzz you get from using an old, metal camera that always has that old camera smell combined with the instant gratification you get from digital
Pentax k10D | Minolta SRT303b | Polaroid sx70 OneStep
q6600@3.0ghz | 560ti | 780i | 8gb ddr2 dominator
MrDarceh is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 29th February 2012, 1:05 PM   #2
onrelas

Yeah, I have a 240. Only used it a handful of times but it was a lot of fun. A friend gave me some expired colour film for it. Only 1 out of 3 shots actually worked, but the aesthetic of the ones that did was so unique.
Film is still relatively easy to get from the U.S. The camera in the link seems a little expensive to me, plenty cheaper on eBay. However if you don't want to stuff around with a camera that may not work 100%, the paying a premium isn't such a bad idea. Means you'll be able to start shooting quicker.
onrelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 1:25 PM   #3
nightbringer

http://filmphotographyproject.com/st...t-film-cameras

The guy who runs the site (and the Film Photography Podcast) is absolutely passionate about instant film, he gets a lot of old cameras off eBay and tests them, as well as battery conversions, and generally gets them working for resale.
nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 1:28 PM   #4
RichoB

I've got a 102, a 220 and a 230. They're all fun!

the fuji fp100c and fp3000b is fairly cheap from the US, and it pretty great. Colours are awesome and it's all self terminating, so it won't overdevelop if you don't peel it at the exact right time.

The major thing to look out of risk the battery compartment. Check that it isn't corroded out, and the battery clips are in good order. You can order new batteries from the states, they run about $13 each, or you can convert it to hold several AA batteries instead.

Getting it to work with flash can be a little headache, and if you're like me you'll ruin a pack of film getting things working right with an electronic flash.

Pricing wise, I paid something like $20 for the 220 and 230, and about $70 (i think) for the 102 as it's metal body and has the tripod mount.

There's a guy that does conversions in Perth, check out the Perth gumtree for his stuff.
Old 29th February 2012, 1:40 PM   #5
MrDarceh Thread Starter

excellent information :3

Nightbringer's link looks great. Almost half the price too so I can afford to get way more film and i'll have a look at the perth gumtree to see what I can find

if I keep getting good feedback I'll definitely grab one next week, thanks guys
Pentax k10D | Minolta SRT303b | Polaroid sx70 OneStep
q6600@3.0ghz | 560ti | 780i | 8gb ddr2 dominator
MrDarceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 4:55 PM   #6
nightbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichoB View Post
the fuji fp100c and fp3000b is fairly cheap from the US, and it pretty great. Colours are awesome and it's all self terminating, so it won't overdevelop if you don't peel it at the exact right time.
So I can just leave the FP-100C in its packet thing for say 2 minutes and then it'll still turn out good? Because I was worried that the picture would get overcooked and it is always a headache trying to workout temperature and how long before peeling with FP-100C.
Incidentally, for what you pay for 10 sheets here you can easily get 30 off B&H ...
nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 5:26 PM   #7
RichoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbringer View Post
So I can just leave the FP-100C in its packet thing for say 2 minutes and then it'll still turn out good? Because I was worried that the picture would get overcooked and it is always a headache trying to workout temperature and how long before peeling with FP-100C.
Incidentally, for what you pay for 10 sheets here you can easily get 30 off B&H ...
Yep, it's awesome. I've let mine run for a good 5 minutes before without an issue. I think I remember running the b/w for a good couple of minutes before peeling at it was still sweet. Not sure If I'd be as careless if it was a 40deg day!

On your second point I got 20 packs off B&H last time I did an order, it's the only way to go.