Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Photography & Video > The Gallery

Notices

Old 13th June 2012, 11:01 PM   #1
cleary Thread Starter
Mental in the Face

Default MIA Open 2012 (Tennis)

The annual MIA Open Tournament ran this long weekend in Griffith - I found out it's the longest running sporting event in Griffith (since 1920ish), and this year was one of the biggest ever run with approx 220 entrants from all over the Eastern side of Australia.
Shooting tennis is what first piqued my interest in photography a few years ago, and I've not been inspired to pick up the camera much lately so it felt a bit like returning to my roots. This time round was the first shooting sport with the D700, and the first time I've felt comfortable enough with my technique and gear to not be chimping every shot. I relaxed, was patient, and got a much better keeper rate ("keeper" meaning an "interesting shot" this time, rather than my previous gear/technique battles which meant an "in focus shot").

C&C welcome -

Landscapies

There's a few more at this gallery if you're interested :
http://cleary.smugmug.com/Tennis/MIA...3535806_VjZ63Q
cleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 12:25 PM   #2
h4xx0r

i feel most of them are too tightly cropped or not enough and I have no real sense of whats going on... i.e. the ones with them with tennis ball in frame, they seemed to be too tight and centred, no real focus point, and the ones with just the player could do with tighter cropping showing the emotions.

just my opinion

h4x
Rig:- E6420 @ 2.8GHz | GA-965P-DS3 | 2x2Gb G.Skill Pi (4,5,4,18) | 560Ti GTX | WCed by Fusion Extreme Kit | 80Gb X-25 G2 Intel SSD | 1.5Tb WD Green | 2Tb WD Green | 1Tb Samsung | 1Tb Seagate | ASUS Essense STX | Sennheiser 595 | Alessandro MS-1
h4xx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 1:54 PM   #3
cleary Thread Starter
Mental in the Face

Thanks for the feedback

I'll take the comments on board. I think the next time I need to be mindful of setting up in different positions that will give me a bit of variety in perspectives. I didn't really do any of that for these shots, just propped myself at the edge of the net for 95% of the shooting and tried to be as invisible as possible.
cleary is offline   Reply With Quote