Overclockers Australia Forums
OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Mobile Phones & Devices

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 16th January 2013, 11:07 AM   #1
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Default Clash of Clans thread

this is the thread for all things Clash of Clans

questions, comments, clan advertising etc.

i'm only new to the game, so could benefit from tips/tricks from some of the others

cheers
Over 150 successful trades, most recent: Elfanger, peteed1985, alexis, onbail, xsphera, OAG, Duff Man, skiitz, byson, Cestevenson, ShaunDXB, Piroteknik, myf360f1, Thraxeh, austin nguyen, QLDguy1, cooleagles, Temp16, Haillion, nordica-k2, Barra-oz, austin nguyen, MAXKNOTT, LG456, junkie13, Reveng3, sunjet, 2red, jbomb, OnGsTa, k1ll3r, DEMONDOCTOR, dabell, bumthology, Zee, JWM, ricey236, Defyant, Macross, freshwat3r, zzyss, r3s, Henry, Loadingdread, frenzal, Shaker, lonewolf77, raikay
Stooge007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 16th January 2013, 4:37 PM   #2
lawltank

I'm level 19 and just rebuilt my clan castle! Anyone interested in a dedicated OCAU clan?!
lawltank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawltank View Post
I'm level 19 and just rebuilt my clan castle! Anyone interested in a dedicated OCAU clan?!
i'm level 15, and a while away from rebuilding my clan castle

still have to:

- build a (meth) lab
- upgrade mortar to lvl 2
- upgrade camps to lvl 3
- upgrade barracks to lvl 6
etc. etc.

takes sooooo long!

will post another pic of my map tomorrow
Over 150 successful trades, most recent: Elfanger, peteed1985, alexis, onbail, xsphera, OAG, Duff Man, skiitz, byson, Cestevenson, ShaunDXB, Piroteknik, myf360f1, Thraxeh, austin nguyen, QLDguy1, cooleagles, Temp16, Haillion, nordica-k2, Barra-oz, austin nguyen, MAXKNOTT, LG456, junkie13, Reveng3, sunjet, 2red, jbomb, OnGsTa, k1ll3r, DEMONDOCTOR, dabell, bumthology, Zee, JWM, ricey236, Defyant, Macross, freshwat3r, zzyss, r3s, Henry, Loadingdread, frenzal, Shaker, lonewolf77, raikay
Old 17th January 2013, 12:02 AM   #4
lawltank

Here's mine:

I just got raped by a level 24. They used 10x Giants, 1x Archer and 19x Barbs. All of them had level 2 upgrades. Lost around 5k of gold and elixir..doesn't seem like a profit there if you ask me haha.
Old 17th January 2013, 8:54 AM   #5
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooge007 View Post
i'm level 15, and a while away from rebuilding my clan castle

still have to:

- build a (meth) lab
- upgrade mortar to lvl 2
- upgrade camps to lvl 3
- upgrade barracks to lvl 6
etc. etc.

takes sooooo long!

will post another pic of my map tomorrow
played a bit yday

- town hall finally upgraded to lvl 4
- built a lab
- rebuilt clan castle
- built extra elixir/gold extractors/storage

still not happy with my map. got wailed on by a Lvl 20 with a few giants

i find it's sometimes quicker to attack people for gold/elixir than mine it. just go in with 5-10 goblins, and find a village that has relatively unprotected storage. you can usually get 2-3k with 5-10 goblins pretty easily. takes some time though.

also, in what order should i do my defense upgrades? cannon -> archer -> mortar? i have 2 x cannon - lvl 4, 2 x archer - lvl 3+4, 1 x mortar - lvl 1

Click to view full size!
Old 17th January 2013, 9:02 AM   #6
Slavetonet

Hello OCAU - clash of clans addict.
Be warn you will be addicted to this game. "full stop"!

A tip for the people starting out.
When your shield is up, spend time building your weapon, ie. cannon, archer tower, mortar and wizard tower and so on..

When your shield has run out, spend time building your resources, elixir, gold storage first, secondary are the both types of mines.

To advance as quick as possilble, don't worry about trying to beat the single player (raid the goblin), just go straight for the multi-player gaming.
Forget about raiding their whole town, just go for the max. resources raid.
Using the raid to forterfy your walls.

Enjoy this game. Awesomeness.
Old 17th January 2013, 5:12 PM   #7
lawltank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooge007 View Post
also, in what order should i do my defense upgrades? cannon -> archer -> mortar? i have 2 x cannon - lvl 4, 2 x archer - lvl 3+4, 1 x mortar - lvl 1
Just level them whenever you can. At the level we are at, enemies usually do not have flying just yet so it doesn't really matter. Maybe later on most people focus on anti-air stuff but I've no idea.
Old 18th January 2013, 8:53 AM   #8
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavetonet View Post
Hello OCAU - clash of clans addict.
Be warn you will be addicted to this game. "full stop"!

A tip for the people starting out.
When your shield is up, spend time building your weapon, ie. cannon, archer tower, mortar and wizard tower and so on..

When your shield has run out, spend time building your resources, elixir, gold storage first, secondary are the both types of mines.

To advance as quick as possilble, don't worry about trying to beat the single player (raid the goblin), just go straight for the multi-player gaming.
Forget about raiding their whole town, just go for the max. resources raid.
Using the raid to forterfy your walls.

Enjoy this game. Awesomeness.
this is good advice

wish i had seen this before i started

stupid me went and attacked someone multiplayer within the first few hours, not realising i had a 3 day shield!

you need just enough trophies to be able to attack higher level players with lots of gold/elixir, and then you let your goblins loose

it's surprising how unguarded some people leave their gold/elixir storage, yet have army camps within walls???

who wants to set up an OCAU clan?
Old 23rd January 2013, 4:24 PM   #9
Dark Passenger

i have been playing this for a while and i think i am hooked very enjoyable. When i get a chance im level 26 at the moment with level 5 town hall. Im just upgrading everything to max before i upgrade the town hall again. I wouldnt mind figuring out how to reset my clan as im not happy with the way i went about building everything.
Old 23rd January 2013, 9:24 PM   #10
Ravennoir

I've just started this, I'm up to lvl 10

Would love a OCAU clan

Quick question, do the guys defend if you have them standing around?

PSN ID : Ravennoir / BattleTag : Ravennoir#1705
I'll take crazy over stupid any day

Last edited by Ravennoir; 23rd January 2013 at 9:48 PM.
Ravennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 10:28 PM   #11
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
I wouldnt mind figuring out how to reset my clan as im not happy with the way i went about building everything.
you can't reset (well you can, but it's a lot of f'ing around)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravennoir View Post
I've just started this, I'm up to lvl 10

Would love a OCAU clan

Quick question, do the guys defend if you have them standing around?
no, the guys in your army camps don't defend during an attack

once you rebuild your clan castle though, your clan members can donate troops to you, that will spring out and attack during a raid (or you can use them on an offensive raid)

this game is very addictive!

i'll post up another pic of my clan in the morning

EDIT - pic below

- town hall being upgraded to level 6
- wizard tower being upgraded to level 2
- gobins being upgraded to level 3
- have L3 barbarians, L2 archers, giants, wall breakers, L1 balloons and wizard

don't seem to get attacked that much, and usually my defence wins

i normally have a lot of gold/elixir on hand though, and sometimes i get goblin raided

Click to view full size!

Last edited by Stooge007; 24th January 2013 at 9:45 AM.
Old 24th January 2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Dark Passenger

stooge do you know how to reset as i would love to start again. Would you have a link or something for me.
Old 24th January 2013, 12:29 PM   #13
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
stooge do you know how to reset as i would love to start again. Would you have a link or something for me.
OK, I screwed up. Can I reset?

Yes, but it is not easy. I also don't recommend restarting, even if you broke every one of the things listed above. To reset do this:

■ Plug your iDevice into your computer and back up via iTunes
■ Factory reset your iDevice with iTunes
■ Restore via backup (5-15 min process)
■ Create a new Game Center ID if you had been using one before while playing Clash of Clans and log into it. If you don't have a Game Center account, skip this step.
■ Redownload and launch Clash of Clans

You can also play your village on several devices at the same time. Simply log in with your same Game Center Account on the new device and launch Clash Of Clans.

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/F...Can_I_reset.3F
Old 24th January 2013, 12:39 PM   #14
Dark Passenger

i might try this tonight i dont want to try this at work :P
Old 24th January 2013, 2:16 PM   #15
Stooge007 Thread Starter

Quote:
i might try this tonight i dont want to try this at work :P
why do you want to reset?

i thought i wanted to reset too, but just played through it and am now relatively happy with where i'm at