Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Software Topics > PC Games > MMOs

Notices

Old 7th August 2015, 2:42 AM   #1
NSanity Thread Starter

Default World of Warcraft: Legion

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

A great burning shadow falls over Azeroth once more—World of Warcraft: Legion has been unveiled!

In this dire new chapter of the World of Warcraft saga, the great enemy of the Horde and the Alliance—the demonic Burning Legion—has returned. As destruction rains across Azeroth, its heroes must seek salvation among the ruins of the mythic Broken Isles, ancient seat of a lost night elf civilization—and site of the accursed Tomb of Sargeras, which now serves as a gateway to endless Legion worlds.

To combat the armies of the Legion, Azeroth’s heroes will need to achieve unprecedented heights of power, securing mighty Artifacts—class-specific, highly customizable weapons forged in the fires of lore. They’ll also join forces with unlikely allies in the form of an all-new hero class, the vengeful Demon Hunter, and unify champions of their cause at their class’s Order Hall. Legion also empowers players to boost one character to level 100, making it so anyone can join the battle against the Legion alongside their friends.

Legion also features a new PvP Honor system, a new level cap of 110, new Dungeons and Raids, and much more. Visit the new Legion website for screenshots, feature details, concept art, the announcement trailer, and more.

Quote:
FEATURES:
New continent: The Broken Isles
New class: Demon Hunter
Artifacts: customizable weapons that grow in power as you do
Class-specific Order Halls and followers
All New Dungeons and Raids
New World Bosses
Level cap raised to 110
Revamped PvP progression system
Improved transmogrification system
Improved social features
Character Boost—immediately raise one character to level 100
. . . and more
Full Gamescom VoD Announcement here

Last edited by NSanity; 7th August 2015 at 1:16 PM.
NSanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 3:22 AM   #2
Ap0c

Bring it on!
OCAU MetaL Club Member #99
Ap0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 4:46 AM   #3
AERO

looks awesome, pity ive vowed to never go back to wow for the 4th time haha
Old 7th August 2015, 5:56 AM   #4
Sub_Atomic

Looks pretty awesome! Can't wait! No more Garrisons? That's a win in my book. Will resub for this :-D

do you see bill gates going on a forum going "LOL look at my bank account guyz"
Sub_Atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 6:36 AM   #5
AERO

i love the look of the new class, finally a step in the right direction, also releasing artifact weapons. hell yes

they had to do something, their subscription numbers have dropped something shocking the last 6 months
Old 7th August 2015, 8:42 AM   #6
Coma White

I stayed up and watched the reveal and a fair bit of the presentation, and to me I get the feeling they may have been working on this expansion before they started on WoD, it sounds like it's going to be quite epic, there's going to be story involving the Emerald Nightmare & Queen Az'Shara. Love the look of the artifact weapons & class halls.

All in all I'm hyped but trying not to get too worked up in case in turns out to be another piece of shit like WoD.
Coma White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 9:27 AM   #7
iinsom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma White View Post
I stayed up and watched the reveal and a fair bit of the presentation, and to me I get the feeling they may have been working on this expansion before they started on WoD, it sounds like it's going to be quite epic, there's going to be story involving the Emerald Nightmare & Queen Az'Shara. Love the look of the artifact weapons & class halls.

All in all I'm hyped but trying not to get too worked up in case in turns out to be another piece of shit like WoD.
Im a bit torn on the Artifact weapons. I get the feeling, that you get the weapon at the start of the xpac, and it slowly grows/upgrades with you during the way to 110. The only issue i can see is that everyone has the same weapons throughout the whole expansion (bar the 3 different skins/colours for each artifact)

However its good that you can talent tree it like oldschool wow. Although there will eventually be cookie cutter builds that you need to use to be at the top tier of raiding/log percentiles, but theres still a bit of customization there available.
Old 7th August 2015, 9:39 AM   #8
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinsom View Post
Im a bit torn on the Artifact weapons. I get the feeling, that you get the weapon at the start of the xpac, and it slowly grows/upgrades with you during the way to 110. The only issue i can see is that everyone has the same weapons throughout the whole expansion (bar the 3 different skins/colours for each artifact)

However its good that you can talent tree it like oldschool wow. Although there will eventually be cookie cutter builds that you need to use to be at the top tier of raiding/log percentiles, but theres still a bit of customization there available.
Its like the Ring. And Cloak.

Tada.
Old 7th August 2015, 9:55 AM   #9
iinsom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSanity View Post
Its like the Ring. And Cloak.

Tada.
Better fucking not be. If i have to do another shipyard grind for the leg.....

Im guessing it wont be. You'll get the weapon early on in the xpac, level with it and choose your talent trees as well (id say some unlock while leveling, you unlock some from pvp etc)
Old 7th August 2015, 9:59 AM   #10
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
Better fucking not be. If i have to do another shipyard grind for the leg.....

Im guessing it wont be. You'll get the weapon early on in the xpac, level with it and choose your talent trees as well (id say some unlock while leveling, you unlock some from pvp etc)
More from the point of view that the Weapon is something you carry and use for the duration of the xpac that is upgraded over time via the Artifact system.

If you think there isn't going to be frustrating as fuck grindy bits peppered with RNG, well you haven't been paying attention.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:10 AM   #11
iinsom

Quote:
More from the point of view that the Weapon is something you carry and use for the duration of the xpac that is upgraded over time via the Artifact system.

If you think there isn't going to be frustrating as fuck grindy bits peppered with RNG, well you haven't been paying attention.
As long as its not as heavy RNG as the shipyard, thats ok. I can deal with doing weekly clears for drops or w/e. But if i have to try and do some facebook click quests for a godamn map. Imma be pissed.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:16 AM   #12
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
As long as its not as heavy RNG as the shipyard, thats ok. I can deal with doing weekly clears for drops or w/e. But if i have to try and do some facebook click quests for a godamn map. Imma be pissed.
As someone with 3 rings.

The shipyard is fine. Literally fine. 2 of every boat and just flat out *ignore* the mod's. Don't waste time on anything but grinding them to epic. Send them out as best Master Plan can work out, and just don't worry about it.

Everyone who tried to "game" the shipyard in my guild, just felt gutted that they'd invested thousands of garrison resources into something that sank. No investment, no fucks given when it sinks. And you'll still clear it well before you get your 33 tomes.

If you want to know whats fucked - I watched a guildie strike out 6 bosses on his final tome - and have to wait till the following week. Another guildie got all 33 in 3 weeks for 12/13 clearing.

Last edited by NSanity; 7th August 2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:26 AM   #13
iinsom

Quote:
As someone with 3 rings.

The shipyard is fine. Literally fine. 2 of every boat and just flat out *ignore* the mod's. Don't waste time on anything but grinding them to epic. Send them out as best Master Plan can work out, and just don't worry about it.

Everyone who tried to "game" the shipyard in my guild, just felt gutted that they'd invested thousands of garrison resources into something that sank. No investment, no fucks given when it sinks. And you'll still clear it well before you get your 33 tomes.

If you want to know whats fucked - I watched a guildie strike out 6 bosses on his final tome - and have to wait till the following week. Another guildie got all 33 in 3 weeks for 12/13 clearing.
I think its stupid that they gated the leg behind the shipyard. I was prepared, so i had my map well before the tomes, but thats not the point. The point im trying to make is that they gated you into it, so you had to use the shipyard.

It doesnt even feel legendary, whats the point of making it legendary, if everyone gets it..
Old 7th August 2015, 11:30 AM   #14
odessa

I have re-subbed recently and while i'm on a server heavily in favour for the other faction (barth), I walk around the AH/Bank at SW in prime time and I see maybe 3 people at a time? It really makes me feel, whats the point. They need to address this. While I like the idea of garrisons this is also hurting the game more than anything.

The xpac doesn't look terribly exciting, IMO lich king was really good and maybe cata was ok, but the others weren't good and this looks much the same. I think the game overall has gone downhill since vanilla.
odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 11:36 AM   #15
NSanity Thread Starter

Quote:
I think its stupid that they gated the leg behind the shipyard. I was prepared, so i had my map well before the tomes, but thats not the point. The point im trying to make is that they gated you into it, so you had to use the shipyard.
How is this different to the PvP bit of the cloak in MoP? Or the rep grinds? not in the slightest.

Just because the shipyard was quite possibly the most hated aspect of the game outside of Ashran, doesn't mean its different. I'm sure some farmville guru still thinks garrisons are cool.

Quote:
It doesnt even feel legendary, whats the point of making it legendary, if everyone gets it..
If you're a healer. its actually terrible, and merely a stat stick with another cooldown for the raid (the actual bubble on finish is useless).
If you're a tank - with the 100% buff to the Vers on use - its godlike, better than any shield wall in the game. But the hp sharing thing is pretty useless outside of "creative use of game mechanics".
If you're DPS - its mandatory, and just serves to piss off everyone with 3min c/d's vs those with 1 or 2 min c/d's. Also you have to scream at ranged who hit it, then waste the explosion at the end.

It is indeed awful. At least the cloak had itself + a relevant thing for each content patch.