Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Geek Food

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 22nd June 2016, 8:01 AM   #1
Active Snail Thread Starter

Default Subway Sucks

It may be blasphemous to some, but its true. I have been getting Subway sangas for years and despite going to different locations more or less every time, i have noticed a consistent drop off in salad volume and a lack of interest to keep up with quality standards and tastes. I remember getting a roll packed full of salad and it was really refreshing to get stuck in to, now its like eating something Mum made that was thin enough to stuff in your lunchbox. Fake chicken? Really? You're going to sell that frankenstein shit in 2016? Kraft singles? The ham is awful. The turkey is... I dont even know. I was speaking with a franchise owner and it was voted that beetroot would not be a standard salad option because the franchise owners did not want to supply another salad option for free.

The only redeeming quality is the roast beef.
Southampton FC - Come on Saints!!! >>> Diablo 3 - BIGT#1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hater View Post
This thread is painful. Just stock up on hentai and forget about it, seriously.
Active Snail is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 22nd June 2016, 8:16 AM   #2
power

all downhill when they got rid of the u gouge.
Old 22nd June 2016, 9:24 AM   #3
SamBoio

It's been going downhill for years. After at least 3 food poisoning incidents that I know were caused by subway (from separate stores), I stopped going back. Here's the other reasons I wont ever go back:

You ask for no lettuce (because their lettuce is often all brown and shit) and they still pack it on unless you stop them in time. I even had green tomatoes on my roll once (I wasn't paying attention when they made it). Infact, most of the time they try and put the basic salads on even if you've specifically said not to. You shouldn't have to watch them like a hawk, but you do otherwise they do whatever they want.
Fucking gross.

Footlong meatball sub, got about 5 tiny meatballs on it and a truckload of sauce that tasted like it was made a few days ago. WTF.

Add a little bit of salt please... staff member proceeds to empty half the container on the roll.

And it's awesome how when you ask for it to be toasted, so they toast it, then leave it on the bench for the next person (who's busy at the register because they're too tight to put on another staff member) to add the extras on and by then it's stone cold again.
SamBoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 9:31 AM   #4
guy.incogneto

I always have a good sandwich when I go to subway. I usually get the same thing, chicken fillet or meatballs. Or whatever new thing they have temporarily.

They've got other cheese than floppy cheddar. My favourite is Swiss.
My only complaint is the olives are tasteless and the tomatoes have lost flavor from whatever they do to keep them preserved.

I always add jalapeņos, and now they have Chipotle sauce which I like.
guy.incogneto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 9:53 AM   #5
miicah

I always get a pizza sub, no pizza sauce. You can't fuck up pepperoni. Also beetroot is free, not sure where you got that from.

Meatball sub always has 6 balls on it, 3 for each 6-inch. In fact every sub with meat on it should be exactly the same. None of their cheese is anywhere close to Kraft singles and the chicken has always been of questionable quality.

CS:GO Videos | Motorcycle Videos
miicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:00 AM   #6
SLO247

I never find it bad here but I've always hated their prices. Chicken Schnitzel isn't bad.
SLO247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:11 AM   #7
bl4ck32

This is what you get with franchising. You need to find a good store and reward them with your business. Dont like it?...then dont go.

People always amuse me when they have the time to complain about things, but wont actually hit the business where it hurts and stop going. Never having been to Quiznos I bet it was way better than Subway....but we know what people chose...the cheaper option
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:28 AM   #8
vladtepes

That's right - each store is only as good as it's owner (franchisor). The one in Cooma, for example, is excellent. if you are up that way drop in and see the owner Mark, tell him 'Vlad' sent you.

The other thing to consider is that in many stores, the employees are young kids on minimum wage. Their care factor is low, their motivation lower, so you need to take that into consideration (and correct them if they f up).

Personally I've never had any 'light on the salad' issues.
vladtepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 2:39 PM   #9
Sorrow

One thing the UK has that Australia doesn't is a lot more good sandwich bars! I miss em
This thread is for bickering over whose plastic club is bigger/better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odourless View Post
Don't worry Jim, next season we will make it a Premier League Discussion Thread so you won't see it.
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 2:42 PM   #10
guy.incogneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
One thing the UK has that Australia doesn't is a lot more good sandwich bars! I miss em
Almost all cafe's in the city make sandwiches.
They cost over $10, but if you want "quality" like the OP is demanding, then you pay.
Old 22nd June 2016, 2:42 PM   #11
hippyhippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miicah View Post
I always get a pizza sub, no pizza sauce. You can't fuck up pepperoni. Also beetroot is free, not sure where you got that from.

Meatball sub always has 6 balls on it, 3 for each 6-inch. In fact every sub with meat on it should be exactly the same. None of their cheese is anywhere close to Kraft singles and the chicken has always been of questionable quality.
Thats wrong... its 4 per 6 inch.
hippyhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 2:56 PM   #12
bYrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
if you are up that way drop in and see the owner Mark, tell him 'Vlad' sent you.
So what happens here - do you get the "special sauce" from out the back or something?
bYrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 3:04 PM   #13
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ck32 View Post
This is what you get with franchising. You need to find a good store and reward them with your business. Dont like it?...then dont go.

People always amuse me when they have the time to complain about things, but wont actually hit the business where it hurts and stop going. Never having been to Quiznos I bet it was way better than Subway....but we know what people chose...the cheaper option
Yep, it's all to do with the owner. Find a good one and stick with it.

The only thing I don't like about subway is you have to get double stacked fillings to have them the same as what they were standard back in the day, and they still taste pretty much the same as each other.
_____|__||__|_____ ---||---------||---
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 3:10 PM   #14
Active Snail Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy.incogneto View Post
Almost all cafe's in the city make sandwiches.
They cost over $10, but if you want "quality" like the OP is demanding, then you pay.
A Subway sandwich is more than $10...
Southampton FC - Come on Saints!!! >>> Diablo 3 - BIGT#1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hater View Post
This thread is painful. Just stock up on hentai and forget about it, seriously.
Active Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 3:18 PM   #15
guy.incogneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Snail View Post
A Subway sandwich is more than $10...
A 12" vs 2 squares