Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 18th October 2016, 7:17 AM   #1
headin2001 Thread Starter

Default MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon - User Review

Introduction

ZOMG........HEDT.........ooooooooo...........RGB!! !!!

Today I am looking at the MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon. Not only that, I have been fortunate to also have had my hands on Intels uber 10 core monster Extreme Processor. What a tonne of fun it's been.

The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon boasts most high end inclusions you would expect, including RGB controls and lighting, more USB connections than you could ever possibly need, and cool as hell Carbon accent trimming. I do love Carbon.

Being a newer 2011-3 board, it supports the previous generation Haswell-E CPU's, as well as the current crop of Broadwell-E offerings. So, you can run the older 6-core up to the 10-core I have here today.

Lets get into it.

Specifications

First up, some specifications for this beauty of a board.

CPU

• Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition for LGA2011-3 Socket
• Support lntel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
* This function will be supported depend on the CPU.

Chipset

• Intel® X99 Chipset

Main Memory

• 8 x DDR4 memory slots, support up to 128GB*
- Supports DDR4 3466(OC)/ 3400(OC)/ 3333(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 3000(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666(OC)/ 2600(OC)/ 2400/ 2200(OC)/ 2133 MHz
• Quad channel memory architecture
• Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support depends on the individual CPU physical characteristics

Slots

• 4x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots*
- Support x16/ x0/ x0/ x0, x16/ x16/ x0/ x0, x16/ x16/ x0/ x8, x8/ x16/ x8/ x8 with the CPU that supports 40 PCIe lanes.
- Support x16/ x0/ x0/ x0, x16/ x8/ x0/ x0, x8/ x8/ x8/ x0, x8/ x8/ x8/ x4 with the CPU that supports 28 PCIe lanes.
• 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
* PCI_E6 slot shares the bandwidth with U.2 port and M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4. Please refer to page 32 for PCIe 3.0 bandwidth table.

Multi-GPU

• Supports 3-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology
• Supports 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology

Storage

• Intel® X99 Chipset
• 10 x SATA 6Gb/s ports (2 ports from SATAe port)
- SATA1~6 support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10
- SATA7~10 only support IDE mode and AHCI mode
• 1 x M.2 slot (Key M)*
- Supports up to PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s
- Supports 2242/ 2260/ 2280 storage devices
• 1 x U.2 port */ **
- Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe storage
• 1 x SATAe port* (compatible with 2 SATA ports)
- Supports up to PCIe 2.0x2
• Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology***

* M.2 slot (PCIe 3.0 x4) and U.2 share the same bandwidth. Please refer to page 38 for U.2/ M.2/ SATAe & SATA combination table.
** The U.2 port will be unavailable when installing the PCIe device in PCI_E6 slot.
*** This function will be supported depend on the CPU.

USB

• ASMedia® ASM1142 Chipset
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) port on the back panel
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (Super Speed USB 10Gbps) Type-C port on the back panel

• Intel® X99 Chipset
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports (1 internal Type-C port on the board, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
- 8 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)

• VIA VL805 Chipset
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports on the back panel

Audio

• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output

LAN

• 1 x Intel® I218-V Gigabit LAN controller

Internal I/O Connectors

- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 10 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x SATA Express connector
- 1 x M.2 slot
- 1 x U.2 port
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C port
- 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
- 1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector
- 3 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 2 x Front panel connectors
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Slow mode booting jumper
- 1 x GAME BOOST knob
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x Multi-BIOS switch
- 1 x RGB LED connector

Back Panel I/O Ports

- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/ mouse combo port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF OUT connector
- 5 x OFC audio jacks

Dimension

• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm)
• ATX Form Factor

Last edited by headin2001; 18th October 2016 at 10:04 AM.
headin2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 18th October 2016, 7:18 AM   #2

Unboxing/Photos

The boxing for the X99A Gaming Pro Carbon is quite clean, and made of very solid cardboard. On the top, we can see a pretty cool image of a Carbon sports-car, reminiscent of a McLaren P1.

The underside of the packaging lists out all of the features and specifications for the enclosed motherboard and accessories.

Inside, we find the motherboard. The X99A Gaming Pro Carbon is a full size ATX board, measuring 30.5cm x 24.4cm. The layout is similar in design to most other X99 ATX board’s currently available.

Under the motherboard packaging, we find all of the included accessories. Included are 6xSATA cables, Quickstart Guide, Manual, Door Hanger, IO Shield, Case Emblem, Cable tags, 2xSLI Bridges, Driver and Utilities CD, 80cm and 40cm RGB LED Extension Cables and some MSI M-Connectors.

Moving back to the board, the 2011-3 socket is located between no less than 2 banks of 4 dimm slots. This allows up to 128GB or DDR4 ram to be installed in Quad Channel mode. Above the area is the CPU Fan Header, 8pin Power Supply, separate AIO Pump Header and System Fan Header. 24pin ATX connector and front panel USB are located to the left. The CPU Socket also features MSI's Turbo Socket, allowing better overclocking ability and DDR4 speed compatibility through redesigning the pin layout to a total of 2036 pins over the standard Intel specification of 2011 pins.

The Gaming Pro logo on the IO Cover is RGB Lit, and surrounded by a Carbon look film. There is plenty of lighting all around the motherboard.

Further down the motherboard, we can find the PCI-E Slots and M.2 Ports. All of the X16/X8 slots and M.2 Port feature what MSI call Steel Armour, in which they claim to be 4x stronger than a traditional PCI-E port. These are further strengthened by being soldered to the board. The PCI-E slots are arranged in X16/X1/X16/X1/X8/X1/X8. An odd combination for those looking for only a Dual GPU setup, as it will limit the airflow to the upper GPU.

As mentioned before, to the top of the Dimm slots, MSI have located a header for connecting any PWM Pumps to. Beside this is a System Fan Header with programmable speeds available in the Bios. Rounding off the space is a Debug LED, which is slowly making its way to more and more motherboards. Frankly, I feel lost on any board with it omitted now.

Not a lot to be seen on the rear of the Motherboard. Few little marketing logos, and not a lot else. The Heatsinks are installed with a Screw and Washer setup, lot of other boards are merely screwed without the washer to protect the PCB from damage. You can also see the solder points where the Steel Armour is connected to the PCB.

Speaking of heatsinks, along the top of the CPU Socket covering the mosfet area is another Heatsink, also featuring the Carbon film found on the IO Cover and PCH Heatsink. This is also RGB lit, via a small PCB setup located between a top cover. I liked the detail of this addition.

The PCH Heatsink is RGB lit, and features the current MSI Dragon logo, and matching Carbon backing. The RGB colours are all adjustable via the included software, and even includes different effects for you own personalization. The standard colour to all of the MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon is Red, and a Red Red, not pink! Most of the Primary and Secondary colours look brilliant.

SATA connectors include 6x 90deg connections, plus the U.2 connector for those running an Intel 750 SSD. Slightly above is a USB 3.1 Type C connector. There is a further 2 non-rotated SATA connectors to the bottom edge of the motherboard and a little further over, a SATA Express Connector, all providing plenty of storage options.

Below the PCH, we find the on-board switches, including On/Off switch with lighting, Reset, The Gaming Boost switch, Bios switch and reset jumpers. The Gaming Boost switch can be turned to a pre-set OC setting, allowing an easy OC for those that don’t want the hassle of tuning bios settings for some extra speed from their CPU.

The Rear IO supports many connections. Main features are the PS2 KB/Mouse Combo port, CLR CMOS Button, Intel RJ45 port, 4x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 1x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, Optical S/PDIF-Out, and gold plated Audio Ports. The RJ45 Intel LAN port also features anti-surge protection.

Finally, to the on-board audio, MSI have included their Audio Engine 3. Under the integrated plastic IO Cover, we can find the ALC1150 Driven 8-Channel Audio System. Features include the Nahimic Sound Technology (similar to Asus Sonic Radar), Chemi-Con Caps, PCB Isolated with LED Lighting, EMI Shielding and Gold Audio Jacks.

Last edited by headin2001; 18th October 2016 at 7:28 AM.
Old 18th October 2016, 7:18 AM   #3

Software Options/Accessories

MSI is onto a winner here for the included software. There is a huge amount included to help control most of the function of this motherboard.

Included are:
* Gaming LAN Manager
* Gaming App
* MSI Command Center
* Live Update 6
* M-Cloud
* RAMDisk
* USB Speed up
* Nahimic 2
* XSplit Gamecaster V2

I won’t go on too much about all of the apps. Mostly the ones that I personally used and found useful.

Gaming App

First up is the Gamin App software. With this, you can control the RGB lighting across the board to almost individuality, customise screen settings, set gaming hotkeys, control pre-set OC settings and edit your mouse settings all in one convenient package.

There is pre-set lighting configurations you can chose from, to the more complex setup where you can further customise which colours you would like to the different areas on the motherboard.

https://asset.msi.com/global/picture..._animation.gif

There is also the ability to control any connected RGB lighting through the supplied motherboard headers, leaving all of the lighting control from one easy software package.

With my testing, I had no issues at all. The software worked flawlessly, and without error. My only minor gripe, which I don’t believe is a software issue, is that with some hue's, they would not show correct to the colour I would select to show. Mostly, for example is whites, which would show as a Pale Blue. Now, don't be alarmed, this appears to be an issue with the RGB colour gamete, where it cannot provide a white light at all. Some other colours showed beautifully as selected, where others needed some tweaking to get to show correctly.

I also seemed to have a problem on this particular sample, where in one area, the colour was not consistent with the rest of the board. It may be caused by the previous owner though, but I am not too sure. I will confirm if this is the case, as I believe it should all be the same colour. If not, the effect it gives in not that unsightly.

OC settings are more based on motherboard preset OC's, which are easy to use.

The Eye rest menu controls the monitor settings, and kind of works like the settings on your modern LCD Tv screen.

You can even set an OSD for while you are gaming, and customize the information you want shown on-screen. I found it an interesting alternative software to use.

Mouse Master allows you to customize your Mouse settings. A good alternative to your main mouse software. I have a Razor mouse, and it worked perfectly for me.

Gaming Hotkey can be set to suit your own preferences.

MSI Command Center

This is MSI's equivalent to Asus's AI Suite or Asrock's Formula Drive Software. I found it very easy to use, had just the right amount of settings available that I could possibly need, and best of all, very little issue with crashing. In fact, the only problems I had were of my own creation.

Here is some screenshots from within the software. All pretty self explanatory.

Fan Control is easy, and resembles the settings available in Bios.

Voltage Control is available in a Sub-Menu

Memory Timings are also available in a Sub-menu. I attempted to change the settings, but found they would not change in software.

And finally, the monitoring side of things has everything covered. From an interactive control screen, to the usually listed voltages/temps/speeds, to a graphical log view.

Last edited by headin2001; 18th October 2016 at 7:29 AM.
Old 18th October 2016, 7:18 AM   #4

Overclocking

Foreword

To save making this post longer than it already is, I have saved screens in my Imgur Folder. You can find these HERE.

GameBoost

MSI have taken a different approach to other manufacturers in the way of easy overclocking. On-board is a supplied Game Boost knob, which can be controlled either by turning the switch to each number position, or by setting within their Click Bios 5.

I did a little testing to see what could be achieved with these settings and came up with the following speeds. Please note though, not all of them were achievable with this particular CPU, YRMV.

Setting 1 - 3.6GHz Setting 8 - 4.3GHz
Setting 2 - 3.7GHz Setting 10 - 4.4-4.5GHz
Setting 4 - 3.9GHz Setting 11 - 4.5-4.6GHZ
Setting 6 - 4.1GHZ

Very easy, and I had no problem with this sample CPU running at Setting 8, albeit with extra VCore over what I would have settled with in testing myself. Very easy for anyone without a clue though.

Manual OC

Ok, now I’m what I would like to call an “enthusiast overclocker”. I have been in the hobby now for many years, and like to delve in and fine tune my BIOS to suit me. It has been a while since I played with Haswell, and even longer since I have used a HEDT chipset. Couple that with the fact I had actually never experienced an MSI board, or their bios setup and you could imagine what was going through my mind as I opened up the advanced settings to see what I could do.

Fortunately, I found the bios surprisingly easy to navigate, and it didn't take too long to work out they what, where's and how’s within.

So, with only changing:

1. Set the DRAM to XMP (which loads the memory profiles)
2. Set the multiplier you would like for the CPU (in my circumstance, went straight for 43x, with my experience from using Game Boost)
3. Set the VCore to fixed, and my maximum voltage to 1.3v (used an average from others, and didn't want to overheat a $2500 CPU)
4. Set Cache Ratio. For this I set 36x
5. Hit F10, save the BIOS and check it out in windows

Here is the results, which I have put through my suit of stability testing and found to be totally reliable in gaming, 3D rendering, video rendering and googling.

With Cache overclocking, I found that increasing the multi helped in a lot of benchmarks to a point. What I had difficulty with was setting over 36x. I am unsure of what the cause was, because it could have been either a limit on the CPU, or a limit to the motherboard. As far as I am aware, the MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon has a similar OC Socket to other manufacturers, so this maybe just an issue with this particular Broadwell-E cpu.

Now, we all have our own process, and obviously finding a maximum stable clock at a voltage isn’t always this simple, but with what’s above, it’s basically that simple. Mine is 3x XTU Bench Runs, 3 consecutive passes of Cinebench (a bad OC will usually show within these 2 quite quickly), a good hour pass with Asus Realbench V2, as it is a good overall system stability test, followed by some good old fashioned gaming, in my case, Battlefield 4. I find Battlefield the best to bring things to their knees, pushing the RAM, CPU and IO’s, PCH and GPU. It all gets a hammering.

I’ve even found after passing the first 3 tests, that once in Battlefield I can get DirectX errors from the VCCIO voltage in BIOS being just slightly low, talking 0.05v here.

Last edited by headin2001; 18th October 2016 at 7:28 AM.
Old 18th October 2016, 7:26 AM   #5

Benchmarks

Test Setup
CPU – Intel i7 6950X Extreme, stock, 4300/3600
Cooler – Custom Loop, D5 Pump, XSPC Bay Res, Phobya 280x60 Radiator, EK Supremacy EVO Waterblock, 1/2" Tubing.
Thermal Paste – Coolermaster Mastergel Maker Nano
Motherboard – MSI X99A Pro Gaming Carbon
Ram – Zadak511 Shield 3200C16 4x8GB – ZD4-SHK3200X16-08GAS (XMP Profile, Samsung B-Die IC)
Storage – Zadak511 250GB SSD
Graphics – EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
PSU – Coolermaster GX750
OS – Windows 10 Pro x64

Comparison System 2
CPU – Intel i7 6700k, stock, 4500/4500, 4800/4600
Cooler – Enermax Liqmax II 240
Thermal Paste – Coolermaster Mastergel Maker Nano
Motherboard – Asrock Z170M OC Formula
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Ram – Zadak511 Shield 3200C16 4x8GB – ZD4-SHK3200X16-08GAS (XMP Profile, Samsung B-Die IC)
G.Skill Ripjaws V 3466C16 4x4GB – F4-3466C16Q-16GVK (XMP Profile, Samsung D-Die IC) For M8H
Storage – Zadak511 250GB SSD
Graphics – Asus 750ti OC DirectCUII 2GB
PSU – Coolermaster GX750
OS – Windows 10 Pro x64

Comparison System 2
CPU – Intel i7 4790k @ 4500/4500 cache
Cooler – Noctua D-15
Motherboard – Asus Gryphon Z97 (BIOS 2101)
Ram – Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 2x4gb – CMY8GX3M2A1600C9 (1600C9 XMP 1t Timings, Nanya IC)
Storage – Kingston SSD Now300 - 250gb
Graphics – Asus 750ti OC
PSU – Antec HCG-520w
OS – Windows 10 Pro x64

Comparison System 3
CPU – Intel i7 2600k @ 4500
Cooler – Coolermaster 212X
Motherboard – Asus P8Z68-V Pro (BIOS 3402)
Ram – Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 2x4gb – CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (XMP 1t Timings, Nanya IC)
Storage – Samsung 840 SSD - 250gb
Graphics – AMD HD6430
PSU – Corsair HX620 Modular
OS – Windows 10 Pro x64

Methodology

For benchmarking this motherboard, I have come up with a suite to show mostly CPU and memory performance.

Software used:
Intel XTU (tests both CPU and memory performance)
Geekbench 3
Cinebench R11.5 – CPU Test only
Cinebench R15 –CPU Test only
Aida64 – Memory Benchmark and Latency
3DMark Fire Strike Physics

All tests were done at both stock CPU clocks 4200/4100 cache, and overclocked to 4500/4500 cache and 4800/4600 cache. Memory was set to XMP. Each benchmark was run 3 times, and the best score recorded discarding any obviously glitched runs.

HEDT at play here. You just cannot compare the outright power of a 10-Core Extreme processor compared to the mainstream cousins.

Last edited by headin2001; 18th October 2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 18th October 2016, 7:27 AM   #6

Conclusion

The MSI X99A Pro Gaming Carbon has proved to be a very well presented motherboard in my eyes. Although Intel's HEDT lineup of CPU's isn't to everyone’s budget, there is those in the market that require the extra horsepower the chipset provides. The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon is well priced as, what I would call, a higher-end product at an affordable price level.

Bios wise, I found the layout easy to navigate, and I was able change settings for about anything you could possibly need with ease. There isn't really anything I have to say bad about it, other than the Basic Menu being, well, just basic. It all works, but as I was new to the bios setup, it was quite different. Good, bad, you can be the judge.

The integrated sound through the ALC1150 chipset provided quality sound. I am no audiophile, but for me, listening to most music and during gameplay, I didn't find myself wanting more, or searching for any missing levels.

The motherboard features many options which are now classed as premium items, including the Slot Reinforcing for the heavier GPU's of today, as well as the Mystic RGB lighting we are becoming accustomed too. Everything just works well. The layout is well designed, with ample spacing between slots. The SATA cabling is all positioned at 90 degress, so no headaches with cables fouling on GPU's.

Speaking of GPU fouling, I found the Lane/Slot setup a bit strange IMO. The slots are arranged in a X16/X1/X16/X1/X8/X8 setup. When air cooling cards in SLI/Crossfire, I personally would rather see it in a X16/X1/X8/X1/X16/X8 setup, to allow more air space between a more common 2 GPU setup. 4WAY would be no issue though. As I generally only run one High End GPU, this wasn't so much of a problem for me, but the power users looking at X99 may want that bit more.

The software available for the controls are aplenty. With everything from RGB lighting control, to keyboard shortcuts, to RAMDisk, to Overclocking Control. There is a program supplied which will cover everything you could need for the board, and best of all, it works without the bugs we see from other manufactures. I am genuinely impressed with it. Gaming Load overlays, DPI Controls, the list just goes on. Hats off MSI, hats off.

When it came to overclocking, most of the time was quite simple. The Game Boost really helps for those that have little clue, but want more speed with ease. Manually setting also proved quite simple, with my only issue trying to push Cache speed. As mentioned earlier on, I am not sure if this was just a CPU limit or a Board limit, so everyone’s results will vary on this.

Memory overclocking was a mixed bag. Trying to run at high speeds on the Broadwell-E platform isn't as tough as previous iterations, but still had its limits. Simply changing voltage and Primary timings, along with the “mem try it” resulted in some reasonable settings. With my 3200C16 Dimms able to run at 3466C16 quite easily. Tightening timings up though proved more difficult, with either an issue with the CPU IMC, my Samsung B-Die IC ram, Bios ability or my own (highly likely ). The Best I could muster was a bench stable 3200C13, which was reasonably tight, and at under 1.6v. Not bad considering the board is made for gamers, not for benchers.

PROS
⦁ Easy overclocking
⦁ Supports Broadwell-E and Haswell-E Native
⦁ Software is comprehensive and works flawlessly
⦁ M.2 SATA, U.2 and PCI-E support
⦁ Gaming Boost for Easy OC
⦁ Mystic RGB Lighting customizing

CONS
⦁ Little problem with the IO lighting, maybe board specific.
⦁ RGB Lighting Colour a bit off in some ranges
⦁ The PCI-E setup

For me, it was a pleasure to use this motherboard, and I would happily use it for my daily gamer/workstation. I had no crashes, other than me trying to push too far, and I absolutely love the look of it.

The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon is available locally between $480 and $540. If you are looking for something with the bling, and plenty of capability, but without all the extras that you don't need for that premium price, I think this one is the perfect balance of features to price.

Please feel free to leave comments/questions below. Hope you enjoyed.

Old 18th October 2016, 9:10 AM   #7
zeropluszero

Great review dude!
zeropluszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 9:39 AM   #8
mad_mic3

Another excellent review
mad_mic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 10:57 AM   #9
havabeer

Great review, well written etc I've picked up the same board about a week ago

My concerns are similar to yours:
  • the pic-e setup, can't use a standard serial connector for water cooling.
  • The power button jumpers are towards the rear of the motherboard, anyone with a large case may struggle to connect their power buttons, I had to cut and join extra wire for mine to reach
  • Never having used Msi bios I had no idea on how to set the values, I didn't know you just had to type them over where it said "auto" most other bios' have sliders or increase/decrease arrows, felt kinda silly when I worked this out

Do enjoy the the rgb lighting, as it helps match color themes rather then having to actually have a specific colored board
Old 18th October 2016, 4:50 PM   #10
robbo2

That's a great looking board. It's just a shame all I will ever be is a pleb socket user
Old 18th October 2016, 7:52 PM   #11
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Awesome review, very well constructed, informative and wonderful pictures.

I love the idea of in built lighting changeability with this mboard.....but I have to say I'm not a fan of the led diag indicator top right.
Old 18th October 2016, 8:40 PM   #12
havabeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CHILLED View Post
Awesome review, very well constructed, informative and wonderful pictures.

I love the idea of in built lighting changeability with this mboard.....but I have to say I'm not a fan of the led diag indicator top right.
i have a feeling i read somewhere in the manual you can actually turn this off
Old 18th October 2016, 9:29 PM   #13
Paulie_AU

Great review. That CPU grunt...

Mr_McPoo
Paulie_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 4:57 PM   #14
Bullants

Nice review mate,board looks good,those 10 core cpu are so beast
Bullants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 8:08 AM   #15
dev1234567890

Thanks for the review, I have had this board for about a month now and have only been able to use the game boost function to overclock. This will help me set up a manual overclock easily. Thanks again.

i7 6800k - MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon - MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk X - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB - Corsair H100i V2 - Corsair RM850X - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB SSD - Intel 600d M.2 256SSD PCIE adapter - Seagate 2TB Barracuda - Corsair 750D Case
dev1234567890 is offline   Reply With Quote