Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Search our forums with Google:

Old 7th June 2017, 5:28 PM   #1
shane41 Thread Starter

Default Future of Australia Overclocking

Got your attention with that title good
There is a great bunch of guys in here racing their computers for points. You see & know many of them.
Do you know how much effort they put in almost every day?Submitting scores to HWbot all the time to promote the team efforts.

Australia OC rates #20 in the world on team points alone. Is that good enough absolutely not!
Our best Overclockers in here " this forum mostly " extreme & elite members wringing their machines for every last point.

So what is this about?

Look @ the chart. 5 years of team points left to right. These members smashed out big points competing with the world's best.

x3 years consecutive wins on Country Cup. Then a loss, you see that in the chart it's easy to spot & a full 12 months to get the points back up.
Dino & sponsors can only do so much with hardware point chasing in the Ryzen comp.

What can we do?

Put aside our petty differences. Re bond our friendships. If a team mate beats your score by x1 point, so what!
Thats x2 great AU scores then Help your team mates in here to go faster & overclock better.

Join Australia OC A bigger united team is a stronger team.
Country cup is x5 months away. Help these guys with budget priced parts in the FS forum. Yes even a concession for them.

They put their expensive part on the limit all the time for the benefit of the team & yes they do break.
So that's it a pep talk really, we all need to lift our game & find our enthusiasm again.
Haha ...........might be a bit rude that picture.
shane41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join OCAU to remove this ad!
Old 8th June 2017, 11:06 AM   #2
im late

I am a member of Australia OC...and I will admit that I have submitted far too little scores...

Need to get off my lazy arse and start posting more scores!
Intel i7-5960X | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C14 | EVGA GTX 1080Ti FE | Intel 750 Series 400GB | 3 x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB Raid 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 | Corsair 750D | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
im late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 11:23 AM   #3
nCrypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by im late View Post
I am a member of Australia OC...and I will admit that I have submitted far too little scores...

Need to get off my lazy arse and start posting more scores!
and ive submitted even less!

Got a lot a good hardware right now, 3 golden cpus, just need to find some time.

5960X @ 4.8 with 1080 Ti SLI, really should do some 3dmarks! haha
nCrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 7:02 PM   #4
headin2001

Some of us keep doing our thing Shane. Have no fear.

http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/4568...e_draw_winners
headin2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 3:27 AM   #5
shane41 Thread Starter

Comment soon. May not be complimentary.

I want to hear from our team. Australian Overclockers
3000+ Fakken member want to go fast.

Quite frankly I've had a gutful. We have the best talent in AU.
Train the FuKK up our guys.

Simply pain & frustration. How did you do that? Such a fast score how?
Old 9th June 2017, 11:48 AM   #6
shane41 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by headin2001 View Post
Some of us keep doing our thing Shane. Have no fear.
What fear Headin? Must I write it again. A bunch of guys carrying the Australian " torch " for the rest of us. Please
Things have got to change & I mean right now!

As a member of OCAU overclocking team, I was lost.....not a clue what to do. An almighty big thankyou to our member cbjaust for his guidance
He has me started on this quest now, I only made the jump to Australia OC last month.

We've all bashed this out before " a bigger United Team " Bloody time for talk is over. Do it guys. Do it for yourself, do it for us Do it for Australian Overclocking.
Join up, if you are on another Australian team, bring your points with you.

I want to talk about team spirit now. I think an all time low. See chart we could have been in the middle there by now.
x6 Teams all battling for position Look @ it man.

nCrypt & im late members have already expressed interest in going faster. Cheers for that guys.
If you members are reading this & wondering what you can do? I need to hear from you. Reply here or a pm.

A simple " Want to clock my computer like a maniac will do " Get them idle cores cranking.............

Happy to help however I can. You guys smashing out the points. Ascending our ranks.

If I must use a braveheart quote. " unite the clans "

Divided we can be conquered. Invite our best memory overclocker back to our team.
Everyone deserves another chance, what's in the past leave in the past.

Nearly 4000 of us mad bastards in Australia. That would be a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited by shane41; 9th June 2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 9th June 2017, 12:19 PM   #7
cbjaust

oh noes, what have I done!?!
Seriously though, it's great to see somebody enthused and with all the scores I've seen shane41 put up recently, its a terrific contribution to the team. Not sure I can let that cat out of the bag but suffice to say, it's been an avalanche of submissions to the 'bot...
cbjaust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 1:32 PM   #8
newlife

Sounds to me like someone is upset they aren't be hand fed tweaks :/
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 1:38 PM   #9
cbjaust

not sure about that so much, some of shano's submissions (all ambient cooled) are right up there with Dry Ice and LN2 scores, so there's efficiency there that he's got. so he must know something, eh?
cbjaust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 1:45 PM   #10
headin2001

Shane, we all work hard where you can't see to bring people in.

Look at Jordan for instance, you think he just popped in from now where?
Do you think he just did that well in the latest competition without help?

No, I met him on Facebook through some groups and brought him over here, sharing my knowledge with him to keep the massive flame he has going, and he's loving it.

Did you realize that was organised by the team to try and encourage people to join in?

We all do what we can, and unfortunately, it's up to the population to embrace our hobby. We all talk, and support where people ask, and thanks to the like of Gigabyte, we have support for our small community here no matter the size of participation in our local competitions.

I for one message lots of Rookie and Novices on HWBot to direct them over, but rarely does anyone come to us. We are here to help, guide and encourage, but, if people are only here for a quick dirty scatterbench, there isn't much more that we can do. All we can do is keep a presence, and enjoy what we do.

There is no need for all this "we gotta win" and "be the best". All we want is our hobby to be enjoyable, and if people want to join in on that, they are more than welcome to.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:03 PM   #11
shane41 Thread Starter

I get it man. I know we each do our part to pass on the enthusiams........but Headin, it's x1 young member

We have a massive base of enthusiast here in Australia. But invite x1 young member into our ranks
My writing is about getting more of our guys involved. x1 big ass TEAM going hard. That's my message.

Sorry I have to address this bullshit below. Negative. I don't want to either,
on back foot to defend rather than promote our guys in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
Sounds to me like someone is upset they aren't be hand fed tweaks :/
Negative message right there, send it a swift kick to the nuts
Don't speed read " your perception " my positive message

If you took the time out of your busy farken schedule & actually talked to the other members.
These guys want a hand to go faster. Spoon fed mentality of yours is rubbish.

Proven year in year out in AU competitions I am within 2% of the best scores. Until the frozen sandbags hit & 6ghz scores belt me for # six #

If I must single x1 good Overclocker out sskmercer on the Team

Lets hash this out right now. I remember watching Scott when he first started. Man he asked a lot of question & he was fast to learn.
As you say " was he spoon fed as well " Look at him man.........one of the best in here now, legend status.

I could not give a flying rats ass if you would not help me!

Scott asked you guys heavily on tips & tweaks for 6 months man. He continued to boost his scores & go faster all the while asking
how to go better. I've even had him contact me on things with what little knowledge I had at that time.

I'm severely pissed off @ that comment be hand fed tweaks
Take your stupid secrets to the grave. Leave a legacy behind you of crippled Overclockers in here " who you could have helped "

Last edited by shane41; 9th June 2017 at 2:08 PM.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:17 PM   #12
newlife

Shane I can say I have no problem running with you but if you aren't willing to learn some shit for yourself and show your willing to spend hours and hours of your spare time people aren't going to be willing to help

And btw Australia OC and Australian overclocking is very untied and all you are doing is causing shit as you feel left out instead of trying to pm people for help when needed

P. S. If you ask me for help I'll help where I can and here's a couple of guides I made to help newcomers

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=168454

http://overclocking.guide/geforce-gt-710-vmod-guide/
Old 9th June 2017, 2:27 PM   #13
Ratzz

I've been keen, been submitting, but I've assumed that submitting a bunch of similar scores with the same equipment doesn't have an effect? Every time I get a new PB, I certainly submit it. Even my best never seem to make any team points though.

I wouldn't say people are keeping their tips and tricks to themselves either. OK, nobody has provided me a step by step manual on how to get the most out of my particular chip, mems or gpu, on my particular board, as there clearly aren't a set of magic one-fits-all numbers.

I've certainly improved a lot though, and its been just the odd pointer from a few guys, nothing too extensive because thats just not possible, but steering me in the right direction. You are one of those of course Shane, and I appreciate your advice as much as the others have given me. I'm still struggling with that Super-Pi install though

I find that if I ask a specific question, I get multiple people offering me answers. If I ask a general question though, the silence is deafening, because the question is just too general and there is no specific answer to be offered.

It would be absolutely fabulous if a few of the top seeds were all to contribute to a big 'how to' thread, dealing with different platforms, different aspects, and different extremes of overclocking. Potential tips and pitfalls, etc. All these could ever be is a general guide though, as of course every combination of every component in every PC ever is different, because identical components are never identical.

I'd love to see Team Oz at the top We just need to work out how to make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seizium View Post
I did visit the NBN van today at Westfields North Lakes, but their internet connection wasn't working so they couldn't give me any information
My Rig

Last edited by Ratzz; 9th June 2017 at 2:33 PM.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 2:29 PM   #14
headin2001

Shane, your OP doesn't sell the message in the right way, that's why there is a problem.

What we need to do is show promotion and what competitive overclocking is about. You missed the mark. Sell it, don't argue about it or ring the negativity into it.

Most of us in the team are flat out with personal things lately. In time, I am sure we can get a post to explain the intricacy of HWBot to promote better. I do my thing on FB for this, but even for the masses, there is little love.

But as I said, if we can't get the community to embrace, things will never change and we will just keep doing what we do regardless.

Anyone is free to join and ask away.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:31 PM   #15
newlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
It would be absolutely fabulous if a few of the top seeds were all to contribute to a big 'how to' thread, dealing with different platforms, different aspects, and different extremes of overclocking. Potential tips and pitfalls, etc. All these could ever be is a general guide though, as of course every combination of every component in every PC ever is different, because identical components are never identical.
On that we actually have some of that in the OP of our team page although it could do with an update

Oh and what issues are you having with superpi