Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Old 7th June 2017, 5:28 PM   #1
shane41 Thread Starter

Default Future of Australia Overclocking

ZIP...........

Last edited by shane41; 28th August 2017 at 9:14 PM.
shane41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 11:06 AM   #2
im late

I am a member of Australia OC...and I will admit that I have submitted far too little scores...

Need to get off my lazy arse and start posting more scores!
Old 8th June 2017, 11:23 AM   #3
nCrypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by im late View Post
I am a member of Australia OC...and I will admit that I have submitted far too little scores...

Need to get off my lazy arse and start posting more scores!
and ive submitted even less!

Got a lot a good hardware right now, 3 golden cpus, just need to find some time.

5960X @ 4.8 with 1080 Ti SLI, really should do some 3dmarks! haha
Old 8th June 2017, 7:02 PM   #4
headin2001

Some of us keep doing our thing Shane. Have no fear.

http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/4568...e_draw_winners
headin2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 12:19 PM   #5
cbjaust

oh noes, what have I done!?!
Seriously though, it's great to see somebody enthused and with all the scores I've seen shane41 put up recently, its a terrific contribution to the team. Not sure I can let that cat out of the bag but suffice to say, it's been an avalanche of submissions to the 'bot...
cbjaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 1:32 PM   #6
newlife

Sounds to me like someone is upset they aren't be hand fed tweaks :/
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 1:38 PM   #7
cbjaust

not sure about that so much, some of shano's submissions (all ambient cooled) are right up there with Dry Ice and LN2 scores, so there's efficiency there that he's got. so he must know something, eh?
cbjaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 1:45 PM   #8
headin2001

Shane, we all work hard where you can't see to bring people in.

Look at Jordan for instance, you think he just popped in from now where?
Do you think he just did that well in the latest competition without help?

No, I met him on Facebook through some groups and brought him over here, sharing my knowledge with him to keep the massive flame he has going, and he's loving it.

Did you realize that was organised by the team to try and encourage people to join in?

We all do what we can, and unfortunately, it's up to the population to embrace our hobby. We all talk, and support where people ask, and thanks to the like of Gigabyte, we have support for our small community here no matter the size of participation in our local competitions.

I for one message lots of Rookie and Novices on HWBot to direct them over, but rarely does anyone come to us. We are here to help, guide and encourage, but, if people are only here for a quick dirty scatterbench, there isn't much more that we can do. All we can do is keep a presence, and enjoy what we do.

There is no need for all this "we gotta win" and "be the best". All we want is our hobby to be enjoyable, and if people want to join in on that, they are more than welcome to.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:17 PM   #9
newlife

Shane I can say I have no problem running with you but if you aren't willing to learn some shit for yourself and show your willing to spend hours and hours of your spare time people aren't going to be willing to help

And btw Australia OC and Australian overclocking is very untied and all you are doing is causing shit as you feel left out instead of trying to pm people for help when needed

P. S. If you ask me for help I'll help where I can and here's a couple of guides I made to help newcomers

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=168454

http://overclocking.guide/geforce-gt-710-vmod-guide/
Old 9th June 2017, 2:27 PM   #10
Ratzz

I've been keen, been submitting, but I've assumed that submitting a bunch of similar scores with the same equipment doesn't have an effect? Every time I get a new PB, I certainly submit it. Even my best never seem to make any team points though.

I wouldn't say people are keeping their tips and tricks to themselves either. OK, nobody has provided me a step by step manual on how to get the most out of my particular chip, mems or gpu, on my particular board, as there clearly aren't a set of magic one-fits-all numbers.

I've certainly improved a lot though, and its been just the odd pointer from a few guys, nothing too extensive because thats just not possible, but steering me in the right direction. You are one of those of course Shane, and I appreciate your advice as much as the others have given me. I'm still struggling with that Super-Pi install though

I find that if I ask a specific question, I get multiple people offering me answers. If I ask a general question though, the silence is deafening, because the question is just too general and there is no specific answer to be offered.

It would be absolutely fabulous if a few of the top seeds were all to contribute to a big 'how to' thread, dealing with different platforms, different aspects, and different extremes of overclocking. Potential tips and pitfalls, etc. All these could ever be is a general guide though, as of course every combination of every component in every PC ever is different, because identical components are never identical.

I'd love to see Team Oz at the top We just need to work out how to make it happen.

My Rig- Nokia 830, with silicone jacket upgrade.

Last edited by Ratzz; 9th June 2017 at 2:33 PM.
Ratzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 2:29 PM   #11
headin2001

Shane, your OP doesn't sell the message in the right way, that's why there is a problem.

What we need to do is show promotion and what competitive overclocking is about. You missed the mark. Sell it, don't argue about it or ring the negativity into it.

Most of us in the team are flat out with personal things lately. In time, I am sure we can get a post to explain the intricacy of HWBot to promote better. I do my thing on FB for this, but even for the masses, there is little love.

But as I said, if we can't get the community to embrace, things will never change and we will just keep doing what we do regardless.

Anyone is free to join and ask away.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:31 PM   #12
newlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
It would be absolutely fabulous if a few of the top seeds were all to contribute to a big 'how to' thread, dealing with different platforms, different aspects, and different extremes of overclocking. Potential tips and pitfalls, etc. All these could ever be is a general guide though, as of course every combination of every component in every PC ever is different, because identical components are never identical.
On that we actually have some of that in the OP of our team page although it could do with an update

Oh and what issues are you having with superpi
Old 9th June 2017, 2:47 PM   #13
newlife

At the end of the day it's really hard to get people to try competitive OC and even harder to keep them at it which is why most of use try to help as much as we can and as you should be able to tell only 20 or so overclockers have kept at it which is actually pretty good considering most other teams only have a few active overclockers

If you have constructive ways to draw in more members I'm all ears as I love overclocking and I love the team and am willing to whatever possible to help promote it although I just don't have the time like I used to
Old 9th June 2017, 2:53 PM   #14
ginger_nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
I love overclocking and I love the team and am willing to whatever possible to help promote it although I just don't have the time like I used to
This shows very strong from you.
Old 9th June 2017, 2:54 PM   #15
zeropluszero

What am I even reading.

-Its not December, so I'm not handing out tweaks one can find on a 3 second google search

-Team spirit? We dont post much to OCAU - some of us have day jobs, and some of us just dont have anything to say.
Some of us spend all day talking on our respective facebook chats.
Times change, forum chat turned to facebook chat.

-contributing "to the team"
unfortunately hwbot team power points (HTPP)

Just dont count like they used to. Almost all teams dont see putting the team ahead as their main objective when benching, they put their own individual accounts ahead

I reckon people on the front page are checking these out - not the Team ranking below it. I know I am. and those TPP dont add to the points shown on the front page.
We're supporting the "team" with every score we submit. the ranking just doesnt increase a lot, and sometimes other teams bench more.

-new members
I've tried this, every comp I've ran, I posted up in the popular 3dmark threads here to get people to try it out, but dude, NO ONE CAN MAKE SOMEONE BENCH. Some people are more than happy to spend 10K for a 3dmark11 score and have zero interest in ever trying 3dmark vantage.
I'm not going to try to convert people to bench, we just do what we do, and if someone is interested, they will contact us, and we can be as welcoming as possible.

is that about it?
Another freezer's words of wisdom

Last edited by zeropluszero; 9th June 2017 at 3:11 PM.
zeropluszero is offline   Reply With Quote