Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > General Topics > Overclocking & Hardware

Notices

Old 12th August 2017, 5:02 PM   #1
__Ripjaws__ Thread Starter

Default Cheap Case Review #7 - Armaggeddon Decatron T3Z Gaming Case - Video!

Cheap Case Review #7 - Armaggeddon Decatron T3Z Gaming Case - Video!

Edit: Thanks for fixing the YouTube link, also what's with the glitch of 49,000 views on this thread, OCAU whaaaa lol

I am back, after a massive hiatus due to, stuff. Anywho.

Checking MSY every day thinking "WHERE IS NEW SHAW PLZ", I noticed these Armaggeddon branded cases and thought, hmm, might go buy one. Up I went to Pacco and got myself an Armageddon Decatron T3Z for $35.

(Also, it's spelt on the box - ARMAGGEDDON, but I dunno)

Trying something different - I instead filmed the review instead of writing about it. I was quite nervous reviewing it and come to think of it, I should've done a written review since I can make snarky remarks at the case, but I tried a bit of professionalism in this.

Anyway here is the video in it's marvelous glory -

If you don't want to watch the video, you don't have to, but I guess this is the whole point of this.

It's an ALRIGHT..ish case. Far from perfect, I like that you could have some fun putting a whole bunch of ridiculous shit in here. I am still going over in my head - "How could someone install a 360MM ran in the front here. It's possible. A 240MM for sure, with some sweet hacks.

They got some pretty, odd names for the cases -
They do make alright looking cases but I don't think I will see much more than what's at MSY - http://www.msy.com.au/viconline/with...thout-psu.html
http://www.msy.com.au/viconline/with...thout-psu.html

F***ing Armaggeddon Optimus Prime Megatron Z800-T-Virus Dodecahedron V3 or some bs. (Please don't steal my idea company)

Here's their site also: http://leapfroglobal.com/amg/

Surprised there weren't any sharp corners around the case, very straight and smooth. Not too bad for a $35 case. It's still not a SHAW, I know...I know.

All said and done, if you want a written review, I'll do one

Thanks!

Last edited by __Ripjaws__; 13th August 2017 at 1:32 AM. Reason: for youtube links just use the unique code not the whole url
__Ripjaws__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 10:47 PM   #2
walker_2003

ill watch full video later, but at quick skip through looks like the perfect case for my 9 year old newphew who I am building up a PC for..

-Over the top gamer look
-cheap as fk
-cable management
Old 14th August 2017, 11:27 PM   #3
Agg
Lord of the Pings

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Ripjaws__ View Post
All said and done, if you want a written review, I'll do one
I prefer written reviews with photos, but I'm oldschool.
Old 15th August 2017, 1:01 AM   #4
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker_2003 View Post
ill watch full video later, but at quick skip through looks like the perfect case for my 9 year old newphew who I am building up a PC for..

-Over the top gamer look
-cheap as fk
-cable management
He's 9, his first case should be what all of our first cases are - cobbled together second hand/dumpster dived pieces of crap with 4000 dremel holes and random fans tacked in!

How will he ever appreciate a nice case if they're just given to him?
Hater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 8:42 AM   #5
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hater View Post
He's 9, his first case should be what all of our first cases are - cobbled together second hand/dumpster dived pieces of crap with 4000 dremel holes and random fans tacked in!

How will he ever appreciate a nice case if they're just given to him?
well I aint going to make him get a job.. I feel for him to be honest.. he is a little nerd and his parents think he is autistic because he wants to play pc/xbox instead of sport all the time.. nothing wrong with him, kids r just diff these days.

I want to support his nerdiness, and a cool looking PC is OK if its cheap..

So far specs:

i7-920
16gig DDR3
GTX770
1TB HDD
Coolermaster PSU

All it needs is a case and ready to go, been looking at second hand but by the time we take in postage etc might as well go new if its only $35.. This case is 1 of the cheapest cases you can get, its far from super nice.. and he will be blown away.

_____

Back OT, any recommended SHAW cases in place of this? need 5.25" bay as well.

Last edited by walker_2003; 15th August 2017 at 8:49 AM.
walker_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 12:50 PM   #6
Agg
Lord of the Pings

Quote:
I want to support his nerdiness, and a cool looking PC is OK if its cheap
Do you ever come up the Hume from Canberra? If you pass by the Highlands I could probably give you a tower from the AggCave.. been meaning to clear out some of this stuff anyway.
Old 15th August 2017, 2:03 PM   #7
walker_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
Do you ever come up the Hume from Canberra? If you pass by the Highlands I could probably give you a tower from the AggCave.. been meaning to clear out some of this stuff anyway.
We do hit hume highway I believe when on way to my nephews place in Gosford, but usually with a full as hell car haha..

Thanks for offer, what cases u got?
Old 15th August 2017, 5:42 PM   #8
sanjay

good review. looks like a decent step up from the usual $35 "shaw" fare that MSY deals up, and looks like a relatively compact ATX case to boot (perhaps too compact given your 5.25" drive was too long haha)
Old 15th August 2017, 8:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
good review. looks like a decent step up from the usual $35 "shaw" fare that MSY deals up, and looks like a relatively compact ATX case to boot (perhaps too compact given your 5.25" drive was too long haha)
Thanks! Yeah it's a nice little compact case, but that DVD Drive is like the absolute shortest drive I had, the rest were like slot loading IDE drives and that ain't gunna work :|
Old 15th August 2017, 8:49 PM   #10

Quote:
well I aint going to make him get a job.. I feel for him to be honest.. he is a little nerd and his parents think he is autistic because he wants to play pc/xbox instead of sport all the time.. nothing wrong with him, kids r just diff these days.

I want to support his nerdiness, and a cool looking PC is OK if its cheap..

So far specs:

i7-920
16gig DDR3
GTX770
1TB HDD
Coolermaster PSU

All it needs is a case and ready to go, been looking at second hand but by the time we take in postage etc might as well go new if its only $35.. This case is 1 of the cheapest cases you can get, its far from super nice.. and he will be blown away.

_____

Back OT, any recommended SHAW cases in place of this? need 5.25" bay as well.
When SHAW made the GT-GM5, that was probably the best from them, not only did it have dust filters and the like, it was almost exactly designed like a Deepcool Tesseract, except with a different exterior of course. I want to take a look at more of the Armaggeddon (Armageddon) lineup, I asked if they would provide samples but uh, no response
Old 15th August 2017, 8:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
I prefer written reviews with photos, but I'm oldschool.
I was going to because I feel I put a lot more effort into a written review, but I decided to give a video a chance, I am sure I will get into the groove of it all. But if I do a written review, gaahh all the pictures I would have the take. (Then again, editing and rendering a video, or just taking pics and uploading them, can't decide which is worse hah)
Old 16th August 2017, 8:49 AM   #12
MR CHILLED
D'oh!

Quote:

-Over the top gamer look
-cheap as fk
After watching the video these are the first things that came to mind also unfortunately. As you say, looks ok for younger gen.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:38 PM   #13
FIREWIRE1394

Update for anyone wanting these Cases. I was at MSY Clayton last week, and there were 3 pallets of armaggeddon cases being delivered, so stock shouldn't be an issue

I love these cheap reviews, Good job on the video Ripjaws

I gave your video one of your 2 likes, Only thing that got to me was the use of Trance music at the start. I HATE when tech videos have music. Especially when its crap music..
You should use big band music in videos, and any time you speed something up, Yakety Sax should be played.

Quote:
I want to take a look at more of the Armaggeddon (Armageddon) lineup, I asked if they would provide samples but uh, no response
I purchased some of the Armaggeddon Licht fans (RGB ones) and have done a text review, if you want to do a video one, you can come grab one to do a video on.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:11 PM   #14

Thanks for that man!

It's hit me in the guts, but I made the music for the intro and outro. That's what I do in my spare time. So instead of searching for royalty free stuff, I used something unique. I am heavily into EDM, so that's my choice to put it there. I don't want some piano ballad at the start :\

I have contacted Armageddon to ask if I could review some of their stuff and no answer as of yet, so I'll see what they say. What could I possibly say on a fan though

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWIRE1394 View Post
Update for anyone wanting these Cases. I was at MSY Clayton last week, and there were 3 pallets of armaggeddon cases being delivered, so stock shouldn't be an issue

I love these cheap reviews, Good job on the video Ripjaws

I gave your video one of your 2 likes, Only thing that got to me was the use of Trance music at the start. I HATE when tech videos have music. Especially when its crap music..
You should use big band music in videos, and any time you speed something up, Yakety Sax should be played.

I purchased some of the Armaggeddon Licht fans (RGB ones) and have done a text review, if you want to do a video one, you can come grab one to do a video on.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:38 PM   #15
FIREWIRE1394

Quote:
Thanks for that man!

It's hit me in the guts, but I made the music for the intro and outro. That's what I do in my spare time. So instead of searching for royalty free stuff, I used something unique. I am heavily into EDM, so that's my choice to put it there. I don't want some piano ballad at the start :\

I have contacted Armageddon to ask if I could review some of their stuff and no answer as of yet, so I'll see what they say. What could I possibly say on a fan though
I'm just of the opinion that tech doesn't need music, if you create music, that's awesome, more than I can do (I remember when I was creative ) But I'm watching a video about tech for tech. not all the other stuff so don't take it personally.

And I found a lot to ramble on about the RGB fans. $9 RGB.. HOW BAD CAN IT BE?