Overclockers Australia Forums

OCAU News - Wiki - QuickLinks - Pix - Sponsors  

Go Back   Overclockers Australia Forums > Other Topics > Game Consoles > Sony Consoles

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13th October 2017, 3:45 PM   #1
Rusty Thread Starter
Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 678
Thumbs up OCAU GT-Sport Championship Pre-registration

Hi guys, with the release of GT-Sport looking like its actually going to happen, I thought I would test the waters to see how many OCAU members would like to have a go at a championship.

My apologies for the crappy layout, if we get enough interest, I will start a new official thread. I'll also be contacting Agg to see if he wants to throw in some Awesome OCAU merchandise for added excitement!

OCAU has a fairly long history(on Sony consoles), starting in 2015 with mr_mordred2095 in season 1, followed by The Beast for Season 2 and finally under myself for the remainder of the seasons, some 6 championships in total, including JGTC and Historic events, with a great turn out, and much fun to be had.
Previous OCAU season threads.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=937955
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=941724
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=962816
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=970314
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh....php?t=1011715
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh....php?t=1113232


Since the game isn't released just yet, I can't provide too many details on the racing structure, but with Polyphony Digital being the way they are, not much will have changed, which may mean we will adopt the majority of a previous season's rules and regulations.


I'm thinking that the first season will be GT3 OR Super GT, always seems to be a favorite.
There will need to be some testing on car suitability for the upcoming seasons, So I will require some help in testing, and also feedback on rules and regulations - So if you think you can help, please let me know so I can organize some times to have people online together for some testing. I will be PMing previous OCAU racers for assistance, as I know of at least 3 who are involved in the Beta test.

Track list will be decided on the racers, given the previous seasons, I'm pretty sure the list will be something like this.

1 Grand Valley Enduro (time TBA) <<< This track may not be available anymore
2 ????
3 Nurburgring GP
4 Trial Mountain
5 Fuji
6 La Sarthe Enduro (time TBA)
7 Suzuka
8 Brands Hatch
9 Spa
10 Monza
11 Deep Forest <<< This track may not be available anymore
12 Barthurst Enduro (Time TBA)

I doubt the track list will be 12 races for season 1, most likely 8, depending on members.

We will likely decide race results for the seasonby dropping the worst 2 rounds of every racer. This attempts to help those of us who have to work, or miss a race, or even if we just have a bad race.

Rego List
Rusty
SuiCid3 Maybe - not Wednesday night
dirtyd Thursday Night
stitch512 maybe
gaz86 tenative
TheBeast Thursday night
Bertross Semi interested.
TomJ - WA Timezone
ZXR - Wheel dependant

Last edited by Rusty; Yesterday at 4:21 PM. Reason: Rego update
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 4:17 PM   #2
SuiCid3
Member
 
SuiCid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 2007
Posts: 4,062
Default

Of your track list, only Nurburgring, Suzuka and Brands Hatch will be available.
All the rest have been scrapped. Possibly plans of free DLC for GT inspired tracks like Trial Mountain and the likes, but we won't know until Polyphony/Sony make those announcements.

This is the full track list:
Code:
Alsace – Village
Alsace – Village II
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP II
Autódromo De Interlagos
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Broad Bean Raceway
Broad Bean Raceway II
Colorado Springs – Lake
Colorado Springs – Lake II
Dragon Trail – Seaside
Dragon Trail – Seaside II
Fishermans Ranch
Fishermans Ranch II
KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA
KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA II
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Northern Isle Speedway
Northern Isle Speedway – Infield
Nürburgring 24h
Nürburgring GP
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout
Sardegna – Windmills
Sardegna – Windmills II
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Tokyo Expressway – Central Inner Loop
Tokyo Expressway – Central Outer Loop
Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop
Tokyo Expressway – East Outer Loop
Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II
Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II
TBH, I'm not that interested in GT Sport having played both closed and open betas. Not much of a step forward from GT6 dynamics.
Having been spoilt by pCars 1 and now 2, I probably won't be running in any GT Sport leagues in the foreseeable future.
__________________
'To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state'
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SuiCid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 4:22 PM   #3
cjmonkey
Member
 
cjmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
Default

Probably time we ditched GT for the superior sim* at the moment.. forza.

*where consoles are concerned

Last edited by cjmonkey; 13th October 2017 at 4:27 PM.
cjmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 4:24 PM   #4
cjmonkey
Member
 
cjmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiCid3 View Post
pCars 1 and now 2, I probably won't be running in any GT Sport leagues in the foreseeable future.

I doubt GTS will be enough to pull stalker from his love of I-Racing, but PCars maybe?

Full credit to you rusty for kicking some life into this concept, and i would I'd love to be involved in something, but i tend to echo SuiCid3's comments.. since GT5 it's not progressed much at all whilst its competition has

Last edited by cjmonkey; 13th October 2017 at 4:29 PM.
cjmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 5:34 PM   #5
dirtyd
Member
 
dirtyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,871
Default

Interested, I would vote for Thursday nights if possible?
__________________
"It is worthy of remark that a belief constantly inculcated during the early years of life, whilst the brain is impressible, appears to acquire almost the nature of an instinct; and the very essence of an instinct is that it is followed independently of reason." - Charles Darwin
dirtyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 5:37 PM   #6
booboo
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 422
Default

I wont be in, still only have a ps3 and haven't used that in a while. Also sold my wheel about a month ago. The past seasons were alot of fun though
booboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 5:40 PM   #7
stitch512
Member
 
stitch512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,815
Default

IF there is enough interest in this I will join, I don't actually plan on buying GT:S but I am always up for a decent racing league.

May need to look into getting the Drivehub as my Wheel is no longer supported for PS4 (Fanatec CSW v2).
__________________
Gamertags - Xbox Live: sTiTcH AU PSN: stitch512 Steam: stitch__t

PC:Asus Sabertooth , AMD FX 8350 @ 4.33Ghz, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte R9 290x OC
stitch512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 6:16 PM   #8
gaz86
Member
 
gaz86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmonkey View Post

I doubt GTS will be enough to pull stalker from his love of I-Racing, but PCars maybe?

Full credit to you rusty for kicking some life into this concept, and i would I'd love to be involved in something, but i tend to echo SuiCid3's comments.. since GT5 it's not progressed much at all whilst its competition has
Hi guys, long time no hear!

I bought pCars 1 back in the day because I thought it had potential but in reality it was garbage and was more frustrating than enjoyable.

PCars 2 looks improved but again it's a mess with bugs as far as I'm aware (kinda like GT!). I just don't trust SMS atm.

Forza 7 is pretty poor imo.

Having tried GT:S it's very good for what it is. But the online racing was a mess of ghosting cars and ridiculousness. I also found it difficult to keep close to others online. Unsure if private servers are better or not.

I don't have a wheel suitable for PS4 and iRacing is filling a gap in the meantime ( still running the crusty old G25!)

I'm reluctant to get involved if it's only 3 or 4 racing a week which is what it ended up as last time. It was great when it was 10 or so each week.

Put me down as tentative for now.

EDIT: Was a bit blunt and didn't mean to come across so shitty. I do need to consider whether I buy it or not. I liked it but again I feel the online component has to improve and I worry that the quality within Sport will result in even worse racing than whats seen in iRacing Rookie MX5 cup or other sim pub racing. That's what is making me a little tentative at this time.
__________________
Good Dealings with: ocyrion, gmeup, Rick_Hunter, flugle, bakpao, dainese, derb, {icebox425}, Ravennoir, Ambush, 2012012

Last edited by gaz86; 13th October 2017 at 6:48 PM.
gaz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 8:36 PM   #9
Rusty Thread Starter
Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiCid3 View Post
Of your track list, only Nurburgring, Suzuka and Brands Hatch will be available.
All the rest have been scrapped. Possibly plans of free DLC for GT inspired tracks like Trial Mountain and the likes, but we won't know until Polyphony/Sony make those announcements.

This is the full track list:
Code:
Alsace – Village
Alsace – Village II
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP II
Autódromo De Interlagos
Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Broad Bean Raceway
Broad Bean Raceway II
Colorado Springs – Lake
Colorado Springs – Lake II
Dragon Trail – Seaside
Dragon Trail – Seaside II
Fishermans Ranch
Fishermans Ranch II
KYOTO DRIVING PARK – MIYABI
KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA
KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA II
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Northern Isle Speedway
Northern Isle Speedway – Infield
Nürburgring 24h
Nürburgring GP
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout
Sardegna – Windmills
Sardegna – Windmills II
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Tokyo Expressway – Central Inner Loop
Tokyo Expressway – Central Outer Loop
Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop
Tokyo Expressway – East Outer Loop
Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II
Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II
TBH, I'm not that interested in GT Sport having played both closed and open betas. Not much of a step forward from GT6 dynamics.
Having been spoilt by pCars 1 and now 2, I probably won't be running in any GT Sport leagues in the foreseeable future.
No stress mate. I'm not a big fan of pC2. Tried it for 3 days and then refunded it LOL. Was an absolute PITA to set my thrustmaster up to work correctly with it, and the physics felt off. In saying that, GTS does feel a little easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmonkey View Post
Probably time we ditched GT for the superior sim* at the moment.. forza.

*where consoles are concerned
Troll much? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmonkey View Post

I doubt GTS will be enough to pull stalker from his love of I-Racing, but PCars maybe?

Full credit to you rusty for kicking some life into this concept, and i would I'd love to be involved in something, but i tend to echo SuiCid3's comments.. since GT5 it's not progressed much at all whilst its competition has
You know you want to come back! Will be heaps of fun
Stalker probably won't show up, would be great to have him, you and Benny back. Does anyone remember Bennybagems OCAU user name available? I could't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd View Post
Interested, I would vote for Thursday nights if possible?
The last seasons ran Wednesday nights at 8:30 I think? But your preference is noted, Don't forget Thursday night is late night shopping! We will sort times out when we get an idea of how many guys are showing up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
I wont be in, still only have a ps3 and haven't used that in a while. Also sold my wheel about a month ago. The past seasons were alot of fun though
Was heaps of fun mate, you were my direct competition! Sell a kidney and get a PS4 :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch512 View Post
IF there is enough interest in this I will join, I don't actually plan on buying GT:S but I am always up for a decent racing league.

May need to look into getting the Drivehub as my Wheel is no longer supported for PS4 (Fanatec CSW v2).
Sucks about the wheel compatability mate. Keep an eye on the thread, fingers crossed we get a big turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz86 View Post
Hi guys, long time no hear!

I bought pCars 1 back in the day because I thought it had potential but in reality it was garbage and was more frustrating than enjoyable.

PCars 2 looks improved but again it's a mess with bugs as far as I'm aware (kinda like GT!). I just don't trust SMS atm.

Forza 7 is pretty poor imo.

Having tried GT:S it's very good for what it is. But the online racing was a mess of ghosting cars and ridiculousness. I also found it difficult to keep close to others online. Unsure if private servers are better or not.

I don't have a wheel suitable for PS4 and iRacing is filling a gap in the meantime ( still running the crusty old G25!)

I'm reluctant to get involved if it's only 3 or 4 racing a week which is what it ended up as last time. It was great when it was 10 or so each week.

Put me down as tentative for now.

EDIT: Was a bit blunt and didn't mean to come across so shitty. I do need to consider whether I buy it or not. I liked it but again I feel the online component has to improve and I worry that the quality within Sport will result in even worse racing than whats seen in iRacing Rookie MX5 cup or other sim pub racing. That's what is making me a little tentative at this time.
In all honesty, I'm aiming for a minimum of 10, but full grid preferred.
I've been shunted off the track plenty of time in sport mode, I'm hoping we get a decent crew so that this isn't an issue!
Keep an eye on the thread, I'm 80% sure we will get the numbers at this stage. I've even sent a PM to Agg to try to organise some OCAU merchandise for prizes :P
__________________
i7 2600K | Noctua D14 | 16GB G.Skill F3-17000CL9D 2133mhz | Asus P8Z68-VPRO | SLI ASUS GTX 460 | 3 x HDD 1tb | Acer 27" | Logitech G-19, G-9 G35 |
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 7:59 AM   #10
SuiCid3
Member
 
SuiCid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 2007
Posts: 4,062
Default

If we get the numbers then I'll be happy to add to it I guess.
Would be good to see how much (if at all lol) I've improved against the guys I started racing with.

Wednesday nights are no go for me... got futsal on then
__________________
'To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state'
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SuiCid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 7:24 PM   #11
Bertross
Member
 
Bertross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Melb, CBD
Posts: 12,981
Default

what sort of time does this involve? im semi interested.
__________________

EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 | RYZEN 1700 3.9GHZ+H100I | ASUS ROG BIG HERO 6+SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 | 32GB CORSAIR VEN 3200 | PHANTEKS ENTHOO EVOLV TG | EVGA SUPERNNOVA 750
DELL U3415W 34" | WACOM CINTIQ 24HD | IPAD PRO 12.9"+PENCIL
Bertross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 2:50 PM   #12
gaz86
Member
 
gaz86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 806
Default

Theres a gt6 server up for anyone wanting to prep for GT sport. Just piss farting around for fun. If you have your ps3s still up that is. psn: gaza86

You'll need to friend me to get in. Send through your ocow name so I know who you are.
__________________
Good Dealings with: ocyrion, gmeup, Rick_Hunter, flugle, bakpao, dainese, derb, {icebox425}, Ravennoir, Ambush, 2012012
gaz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #13
The Beast
Member
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Back down under!
Posts: 3,456
Default

I'm keen Rusty, the demo got its hooks into me so I'm pretty excited for some GT!

Of course now I have a 3 month baby, so when we run it will be kinda important. Still, I'm happy just to compete even if I miss a few races.

I'd probably also prefer Thurs night, Wednesdays are a social pub night - makes it tough... beer vs racing.
__________________
Oculus + PSVR = happy Beast
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:57 PM   #14
Rusty Thread Starter
Member
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertross View Post
what sort of time does this involve? im semi interested.
Most likely 8 races lasting from 45mins to 1.5 hours depending on what everyone wants.
8pm starts usually. The server is usually up a few hours before for practice, and usually, most racers stay after the race for some random short races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I'm keen Rusty, the demo got its hooks into me so I'm pretty excited for some GT!

Of course now I have a 3 month baby, so when we run it will be kinda important. Still, I'm happy just to compete even if I miss a few races.

I'd probably also prefer Thurs night, Wednesdays are a social pub night - makes it tough... beer vs racing.
Would be great to see you back Beast!
That's a second vote for Thursday!
I'm thinking we might drop the worst round or 2 to allow for work/family crap without hurting points.
__________________
i7 2600K | Noctua D14 | 16GB G.Skill F3-17000CL9D 2133mhz | Asus P8Z68-VPRO | SLI ASUS GTX 460 | 3 x HDD 1tb | Acer 27" | Logitech G-19, G-9 G35 |
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:12 PM   #15
TomJ
Member
 
TomJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perthizzle
Posts: 2,125
Default

I'm in, I miss GT so much. I may not get the game on release day but I will get it.

I'm in Perth too so anything before 8pm EST is too early for me.
__________________
Flickr|G+
'04 MKIV GOLF R32 (SOLD)
'02 BMW E46 M3
'13 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675R
TomJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
gts, ocau, ps4, racing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 9:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OCAU is not responsible for the content of individual messages posted by others.
Other content copyright Overclockers Australia.
OCAU is hosted by Micron21!